Connect with us

Metro News

Man, 39 Arrested For Defiling 9-year-old Girl

Published

on

child-rapes

Men of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested a 39-year-old carpenter identified as Emmanuel Ojelade for allegedly defiling a nine-year-old primary school pupil in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

The suspect who is a tenant in the same house with the girl’s parents at Ijeun-Titun area of Abeokuta reportedly confessed to the crime during interrogation, attributing his action to the devil.

It was learnt that, the suspect whose wife and children were not at home, lured the girl into his room on the pretext that he wanted her to assist him buy food, and as soon as the girl entered the bedroom, he shut the door and reportedly molested her.

The suspect’s evil deed was however uncovered when neighbours heard the girl scream, and reportedly rescued her.

Father of the molested victim, Mr. Kehinde Adebayo, it was learnt, thereafter reported the case to the Kemta Police Station in the town, which led to the suspect’s arrest.

Unexpectedly, the suspect who is a father of two in his statement during interrogation admitted to the crime, but said he could not penetrate the girl.

When questioned however about what caused the blood stain on the girl, the suspect confessed that he fingered the private part of the victim, and appealed to the authority to temper justice with mercy.

He said the girl was busy with house work when he lured her into his room.

The victim while narrating her ordeal said the alleged rapist deceived her to buy food items, only to pounce on her shortly after entering the room.

“I was washing clothes downstairs, when he called me to come and help him buy food outside the neighbourhood. But just as I entered the room, he closed the door and forced me to have s*x. I shouted which attracted our neighbours who came to my rescue” the victim said.

Confirming the incident, Ogun State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi said the suspect is in custody, adding that the victim had been taken to hospital for medical examination, as further investigation continues on the case.

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending