Connect with us

Politics

Jonathan Deserves The Right To Seek Re-Election – Presidency

Published

on

NIGERIA-VICEPRESIDENT/Asaba, July 30, 2013 (NAN) Sen. Ben Obi, the Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Inter-party Affairs, said on Tuesday that there was no constitutional provision barring Jonathan from seeking re-election in 2015.

Obi said this at the inauguration of Igbo Political Development Council (IPDC) in Asaba.

“Although the president had not declared his intention to seek re-election, he has the constitutional rights to do so if he wishes.

“The newly inaugurated IPDC has thrown its weight behind Jonathan for re-election; it is urging him to do so to consolidate his socio-economic and political achievements so far.

“If the President decides to declare his intention for re-election, he will contest under the PDP platform.

“If PDP decides to present only him as candidate all well and good; if it decides to go to primaries; all well and good.

“But the truth is that Jonathan deserves the right to seek re-election”, he said.

He said the Enugu-Onitsha and Onitsha-Owerri roads, “which were formerly impassable, had been fixed”, and that the ongoing turnaround in the nation’s aviation sector was magical.

Obi assured that there was no going back on the second Niger bridge project, adding that commencement of work on it was one of the cardinal points of Jonathan-led administration.

The Director General/National Coordinator of the Council, Prof. Onyeke Onyeke, commended Jonathan for his achievements in office.

He assured that the Igbos would continue to work with him amd that if he decided not to declare his intention to seek re-election, Igbos would field a candidate of their own.

“All I know is that with what we have seen so far, the president deserves a second chance and we, as Igbos, are solidly behind him”, he said. (NAN)

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Ola Michael

    July 31, 2013 at 2:57 pm

    All these cry for GEJ to continue in office beyond 2015 reminds me of Abacha era.We have not really learn anything in this country.

  2. Abubakar Danjuma Muhammed

    July 31, 2013 at 6:43 pm

    Our president have not try enuogh 2 continue 4 anoder chance. We are not fool, 2012 we all no wat our eyes see 4 fuel supsed givin excuse that he wunt build refanary . He just make us sufer if late president umaru musa is alive nigeria should have change even 4 2 to 3 yrs. My is dat let gudluk step down 4 d man 4 d job 2 rule. Am pleadin of him

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Published

on

Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely
Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Governor Fayemi

Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has presented the proposed budget for the 2021 fiscal year in the State.

The Governor on Monday presented a budget estimate of over N109 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.

Governor Fayemi, while presenting the budget at the State House of Assembly complex yesterday in Ado-Ekiti described the 2021 budget as “Budget of Recovery and Economic Restoration.”

Also Read: #EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

The budget has a recurrent expenditure of N57, 997,898,982.62k while the capital expenditure has N51, 668,386,739.99k.

Fayemi, said the budget proposal presented contains the policy thrust, programmes, and vision of his administration for 2021, saying efforts shall be made to source the needed resources to fund the budget.

Continue Reading

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Politics

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

Published

on

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos.

This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.

Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Condemns Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.

“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.

 

Continue Reading

Trending