News Feed

Bishop Arrested For Raping 15-Year-Old Girl In Rivers

Chairman of All Bishops in Rivers State, Bishop Chibuike Nwabueze, who was arrested for allegedly raping a 15-year old girl, was paraded, yesterday, by the state Police Command.

NPFThe Bishop, who confessed to the crime before newsmen, said he was hypnotised, adding that he was set up by the pastor of the church where the incident occurred.

He denied raping the underage girl, but admitted that she removed her clothes after he finished praying for her in the office and before he could shout ‘the blood of Jesus,’ he was already all over the girl.

The Bishop said he was set up by his fellow Bishop, who was also contesting for the post of Chairman of All Bishops in the state with him.

Nwabueze, who was paraded at the Rivers State Criminal Investigation department, SCID, Port Harcourt, said anybody could have fallen a victim of what happened to him.

He described as untrue, allegation that he made the girl abort a pregnancy from the incident. According to him, it was the girl’s father that did it but he took care of of the bill.

He said: “We have different Colleges of Bishops. I am the Chairman of Communion of Bishops in Rivers State. Well, what actually happened was a set up. It was set-up by my enemies. The man who is in-charge of where I went to minister is my enemy. He is the person that set me up.

“He invited me to his church for a programme and afer the programme, he set me up because of what we are dragging. We are dragging the chairmanship of the communion and that was why he set me up. But to my greatest surprise, on the said day and after I had prayed for her, the girl started  pulling off her clothes and  before you knew it, I had carnal knowledge of her.”

1. Peace

July 3, 2013 at 8:05 am

For God sake why should bishop has an enemy and you know him to be your enemy and still attend his program well the girl has the final say after that if the girl has been set up to work against the anointed of God the wrath will be upno her are the same time you don’t punish man of God because no matter what he did punishing him is to your own hurt i have said my own don’t talk against the anointed.

2. Mustapha Ahmad

July 3, 2013 at 8:20 am

mumu bishop,thats what must of them do in their churches,there was notyn lyk set up,unless if he is d 1 that set himself up 2 enjoy the gurl.

3. fatoyinbo opeyemi

July 3, 2013 at 8:27 am

dis amazing. D scripture says wil should flee frm sin. Not battle sin

4. Evang. Bruno K.

July 3, 2013 at 8:33 am

The word of God said touch not my anoiting and do my prophet no harm. If the girl are being used to up a man of God she is curse for ever.

5. wise man

July 3, 2013 at 8:58 am

The so called bishop is α big fool, he was †ђe person who setup himself. She pulled her cloth αη∂ Ɣσu ђα√ξ sex Wĩ†ђ her αη∂ you’re claiming Ɣσu were set up. Did you’re fellow so called bishop dragged your prick into her?

6. Al ameen

July 3, 2013 at 9:11 am

Shame on this Bishop since he cannot clip to his wife alone, if he want to satisfy his sexual desire let him marry more wives, Islam provide the solution to his problems but dey re stil accusing it, there is no religions book on the earth that says marry women of your choice but if u cannot do justice among them “marry only one” u claim that Christianity only allow one wife, were those it say so, If any one can quote a verse for me that says “marry only one” in the whole bible I want to hear it. this is not the first one many of them engage there selves in such activity, and they claim to be men of God instead they are men of the Devil…

• jenken

July 3, 2013 at 10:00 am

Dats a very untrue and foolish ans.r u trying to tell me that islam men despite their multitude of wives do not go outsIde?u knw that’s untrue.as long as they r men they will faLl for the same tin,weda islam or christain.and actually in the bible God create one woman eve for Adam with one rib.God did noT collect 4 ribs and create 4 eves.4 wives my ass.

7. ju

July 3, 2013 at 9:18 am

If u are cald by God. God must shorly give His power 2 over cum ur enemies. This Deliverance n Counciling shld b doin it in open place nt inside room or hiding place.

8. ghazali

July 3, 2013 at 10:05 am

I over heard dis kind of cases, pastors commitin adultries. About setin him up its a lie. Child abuse 15yrs old girl. Smh. And u’ll stand there on the stage preachin, wat r u preachin them? How to commit adultry too? His followers be wise…

9. maks

July 3, 2013 at 10:05 am

Ds is Sad…

10. GEORGEOSCAR

July 3, 2013 at 10:11 am

Well, there is no setup there just accept the fact that you were moved from the very moment you set your eyes on that young lady. Only GOD will vindicate cos he’s de best JUDGE that ever lives

11. Glory Okon

July 3, 2013 at 10:24 am

Pls its ok! Let God takeover…dnt kill this man b4 God’s arrival.

12. Onu festus jp

July 3, 2013 at 10:25 am

I think we have too many bishops and pastors and some need to be removed because on them are not called to be a man God. This ones who falls are not to be called man of God.

13. roteh

July 3, 2013 at 10:35 am

In response to ur question,this is d answer: I Timothy 3:2 & 12.
    ‘A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife………’
    ‘Let the deacons be husbands of one wife,ruling their children and their houses well.’
    In other words, d Bible strongly kicked against second wife except in cases of death. D bishop should ask for God’s mercy.

14. ahumibe matthew uchecheckwu

July 3, 2013 at 10:59 am

Judge not so that you won’t be judge 4give so that you will be 4give……God alone knows who is telling the truth…he sees in light and in darkness….he will judge the living and the dead according to their deed…..anointed man of the most high God God alone will judge him

15. kingsley

July 3, 2013 at 11:46 am

Is there any proof for this act? If there is no one please let him go. He is also a man like u all just that he is a man of God, facing lots of temptation. “Touch not my anointd and do my prophet no harm”.

16. michael ndubisi

July 3, 2013 at 1:34 pm

you all are criticizing the man cos he’s a man of GOD,he’s just man like you and not a superman,please allow him alone for GOD to george.some of you sleep your mum,your sisters cos u were not caught and here your making jest of a man of God.be careful except you have no sin in you.

17. Odenigbo A.I

July 3, 2013 at 4:16 pm

The Alhaji that paid a girl to suck the penis of a monkey has four wives and yet went for fifirth woman.the said Alhaji had Sex with the girl before sending her to the gallows.The Said Bishop must have had consent of the girl before that job, but may be He may have stepped on the toes of his enemies.In Islam ten to eighteen years girls are married and wedded.I however do not support such act in Chrietian circle but no one is infallible except GOD.

18. Otunba Oke Bamidele

July 3, 2013 at 4:32 pm

@roteh abraham father of faith married two wives, jacob father of isreal and so many prophet of God that are most loyal and faithful ti him still nothing happen, It is written in that marry two or morte wives if only you can do equal among them but let me tell you no one can do it because it is only allah that can do things equally without been bias. The only solution is that one should be contended with what we have period

19. naomi

July 3, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I know this so-called bishop very well. His office is at rumuodara,off east\west road,we have offices in the same plaza. I have always wondered how this man ever became a bishop,because his lifestyle is totally unworthy of a man of God,much more a bishop. He sleeps with little girls dat sell groundnut and garden egg on d road,he harrasses his staff sexually,he is proud and just generally nt worth to be called a man of God. But God is merciful to forgive,if he can truly repent of his sins. He has confessed to committing the act,so now he must face the law and pay for his actions.

20. Musa Ahmadu

July 3, 2013 at 5:39 pm

If truely its a setup, my question is did u comply to ha rquest. U’v hav shown it to the whole world dat u jst cnt resist it abi? Is Bcos u ar use to it. Am nt throwin the first stone bt dats d reality. Repent jst lik king david.

21. kelly

July 3, 2013 at 9:20 pm

He who has no sin should cast the first stone.Touch not my annoited and do my prophets no harm thus says the LORD of host .Bishop is not GOD or CHRIST his son but flesh and blood like u and me tempt them not. For he is GODs annointed GOD bless

22. Abdullahi alhassan

July 4, 2013 at 9:53 am

Thats how must of bishops,pastors and even reveren fathers do in there various churches.

23. Tijjani Suleiman

July 4, 2013 at 10:05 am

Its weird and abysmal if a bishop is caught lying on sex scandal. OMG!

24. dominic

July 4, 2013 at 2:19 pm

So your dirty mouth,Bishop my foot,thief,hypocrite,lucifer,nemesis have caught up with you,fake Bishop.

25. dominic

July 4, 2013 at 2:19 pm

See your dirty mouth,Bishop my foot,thief,hypocrite,lucifer,nemesis have caught up with you,fake Bishop.

26. Nuel

July 4, 2013 at 6:29 pm

@ al ameen der is no scripture in d bible talked of one man n wife specifically but der is a blue print of tat in d book of Genesis with Adam (one man ) n Eve(one woman ) nt Adam n oda women

National News

Rifle allegedly seized from drunk policeman (video)

A drunk policeman identified as Garba Salisu is currently the talk of social media.

Passersby who saw a drunk police officer carrying a gun, seized the gun from him then poured water on him to help revive him.

In a video shared online, people are seen surrounding the police officers and commenting about the fact that he was inebriated already at that time of the day.

A man is seen pouring a sachet of water on the policeman’s head.

Voices in the video are heard saying the policeman was seen at about 4pm on Saturday, Nov 28, at CBN Junction, close to Abuja Police Command Headquarters.

Watch the video below:

News Feed

Settling down is not easy when you are a babymama — Actress Bisola Aiyeola

Former Big Brother Naija housemate cum actress, Bisola Aiyeola, has said it hasn’t been easy raising a family.

The multi-talented TV star, in an interview with Sun News, revealed that getting married and building a new home might not be a bed of roses for someone who already has a child.

“There’s the urge to have that close nuclear family unit and then there’s the reality; it’s not that easy having another child and building a new home. I’ve heard from other people’s experiences too. Somehow, I’ve been able to manage all these years with my daughter.

I am proud of her; she’s in secondary school now. I just want to work on giving her the best. I won’t say that I am using torchlight to look for a family now, but if it does happen, I’ll embrace it with all of me. But the reality of it is that, it’s not as beautiful as it sounds,” she said.

National News

Nurse who is HIV positive, reveals how she’s been keeping her husband safe from the virus

A nurse who is HIV positive is currently making rounds on social media and has taken to social media and revealed how she’s been keeping her husband safe from the virus.

The South African lady identified as Angela Motsusi disclosed this in a recent post she made on her Facebook wall.

According to her, HIV patients who take their ARVs daily, attend all clinic appointments and do blood checks as scheduled are safe of have sex with a negative partner.

She wrote on Facebook, “Living testimonies of #UequalsU , it’s simple really, if you are HIV positive, take your ARVs daily and attend all your clinic appointments and do blood checks as scheduled, by taking your treatment everyday you will be virally suppressed and with a sustained, suppressed viral load you CANNOT sexually transmit HIV to your partner, I am positive and he is negative. #normalizinghivchallenge #uequalsusouthafrica”