Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer
Gaffney Cline & Associates Lagos office
Title: Technical Manager
Full time regular
About the Job
As a leader in the energy consulting sector, GCA offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. GCA is an international advisory firm focused on providing integrated technical and managerial services to all sectors of the oil and gas industry.
For over 50 years GCA has provided both broad-based and detailed advice resulting in solutions-orientated, commercially viable and practical results designed to meet our client’s specific requirements. In addition to reservoir engineering, GCA advises a wide group of clients in exploration, reservoir evaluation, field development, drilling and production, pipeline, refining and LNG projects throughout the world.
The focus of this office is on Collaboration projects with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket. The aim is to provide Integrated Services to local players, Indigenous Companies (IC’s) and small IOC’s.
Given the start-up nature of this office, and the evolving needs of GCA and the greater Baker Hughes, the prime requirement for the job is to be strategically aware and flexible to address priorities as they crystallize and become defined.
Gaffney Cline and Associates Nigeria Operations Manager
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Manage Projects, with particular focus on Integrated Activities in collaboration with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket, this implies:
· Leading project teams and managing projects, maintaining frequent contact with the external clients and ensuring adherence to timescales and budgets.
· Handling special projects, as assigned by the Operations Manager/GCA Nigeria Manager.
· Working both independently and as part of a multi-disciplined teams working with an extensive client base.
· Provide peer review of deliverables to clients.
· As such, an understanding of Baker Hughes overall business is expected with focus on Integrated Services.
· The candidate is expected to help the GCA Ops Manager to set up a new GCA Collaboration office in Lagos: The assignment is to establish a permanent GCA Collaboration presence in Lagos, Nigeria focused on providing “Integrated Solutions” to BHI clients in Nigeria. Integrated Solutions are defined for the purposes of this post, where GCA’s subsurface and commercial experience is combined with BHI Geomarket’s products and services to offer a “one stop shop” to our clients.
· Focus on business development, getting new Integrated Projects alongside Baker Hughes Geomarket. Thus, the candidate is expected to work alongside the GCA Operations Manager to define the development/rejuvenation concepts’ and coordinate the delivery of the proposals for Integrated Solutions to Clients.
· Post recruitment, the candidate is expected to mentor, train and build an effective GCA Team in Lagos.
· Deputise for the GCA Ops Manager, when required. Help to manage the overall office, budget and project expenditures.
· Ensure that all the team adheres to Baker Hughes ethical codes. Ensure that a safe working environment is provided to GCA personnel.
· Develop a rapport with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket and manage the relationship with Baker Hughes product lines.
· Given the start-up nature of this office, and the evolving needs of GCA and the Geomarket, the prime requirement for the job is to be strategically aware and flexible to address priorities as they crystallize / become defined.
· Help the GCA Ops Manager to set business objectives and targets for the GCA Nigeria Team.
· Develop relations with wider oil and gas industry in Lagos, with emphasis on Indigenous Companies and small IOCs.
Essential Qualifications & Requirements:
· A proven track record in the upstream oil and gas industry, with noteworthy exposure to the Nigerian upstream industry is required.
· First degree in Engineering or Geosciences as well as a relevant Master’s degree is required.
· Experience in development, production and rejuvenations/EOR operations is desired. Exposure to exploration and appraisal projects is an additional bonus. Reservoir and production management experience in onshore fields is a must; experience of offshore operations is a plus.
· Must be entrepreneurial with a track record of attracting and increasing business (business development is the key focus of this role).
· Prior experience of working for Operating Companies is a must, ideally in Nigeria. Experience as a consultant or working in a Service Company is a plus.
· Able to work in Nigeria, familiarity with the work culture and environment in Nigeria is a must (this position is based in Nigeria).
· Knowledge of contract management, bid/tenders and commercial matters is a plus.
· A proven track record in managing integrated teams alongside professionals from other disciplines is a requirement.
· Familiarity with project Economic Analysis aspects of the upstream industry is desired. – Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong client focus with strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication is required. Must be highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills. Must have good time management skills.
· Prior experience of managing budgets is a plus.
· Ability to help the recruitment process is a plus.
· Ability to mentor and develop junior members is expected.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- National News15 hours ago
#EndSARS: Lagos Govt Invited Us To Restore Order – Army
- National News15 hours ago
Lekki Shooting: ‘Sanwo-Olu Has Been Thrown Under The Bus By Military’ – Fani-Kayode
- News Feed14 hours ago
Court strikes out homosexuality charges against crossdresser James Brown (Video)
- News Feed22 hours ago
Hoodlums steal Obafemi Awolowo’s glasses from his statue in Lagos (Photos)
- Entertainment13 hours ago
Bobrisky Flaunts His Newly Acquired iPhone 12 Pro (Photo)
- News Feed22 hours ago
After 3 Years Of Marriage, Amaka finally ‘disappoints her husband’ by cheating on him
- National News12 hours ago
Fayemi Orders Resumption Of All Workers In Ekiti
- News Feed22 hours ago
Cyprus-bound student with 13.55kg of Cannabis nabbed by NDLEA