Connect with us

Metro News

Groundnut Hawker, 16, Found Dead At Block Industry In Aba

Published

on

MOHAMMED_ABUBAKAR_POLICE-IGA 16-year old girl was found dead on Saturday at the premises of a block industry in Aba, Abia.

The girl hawked groundnuts around Eziukwu road in Aba.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that her remains were dumped at a corner of the industry naked, with her pant hanging on one of her legs and foam oozing out of her nose.

The tray of groundnuts being hawked by the deceased was kept on top of a nearby platform very close to where her body was dumped.

Some residents at the scene told NAN that the girl must have been strangled but was made naked to make her death seem like a rape case.

A man, who pleaded anonymity, said the girl got a call as she was selling groundnut to him around 8 p.m. on Friday from the suspected killers and hurriedly dashed out to attend to her caller.

Another source close to the victim’s family said that the members became apprehensive when they called her phone number repeatedly around 9 p.m. on the fateful date, but the phone was switched off.

They were, however, notified on Saturday morning that the girl had been found dead at the premises of a block industry.

They said that the brother-in-law to the lady had to notify the police of the crime after residents on the street showed them her corpse.

The Police Area Commander in charge of Aba Area Command, ACP Rabiu Dayi, who spoke at the crime scene, described the incident as unfortunate.

He assured that the police were on top of the situation and would, with time, ascertain the cause of her death and the people behind it.

Dayi said his men would leave no stone unturned in apprehending the culprits and also make sure that they were brought to justice.

Confirming the report, the state Police Commissioner, Mr Usman Abubakar, said that the corpse would be subjected to autopsy, to ascertain the cause of her death.

“Nobody was there when it happened. Her body was found dumped in a block industry premises and nobody can say exactly what caused her death.

“The foam coming from her nose could mean that she was strangled to death. It is only medical professionals that can tell us the exact cause of her death and that will be through autopsy report.

“Whatever that could have led to her death would be unravelled as soon as the autopsy report is out,” Abubakar said. (NAN)

 

Continue Reading
4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. Darlington

    June 23, 2013 at 6:57 pm

    We are in deathly country dis country we all lack justice.

  2. peter adejimi

    June 23, 2013 at 11:05 pm

    The nigerian police investigation skill is out of point which can be rely on,they should have advance.it look like a robbery attempt gone worst but why is she hawking at that time 8:oclock.too sad.

  3. UWEM MARCUS

    June 24, 2013 at 5:53 am

    Bull shit! Gradually IGBO’S has become a fountain of rapist ! Is either in Aba or Imo! Shameless ! Teenagers in Igbo land are of no value . Hawking all sort of things become their Nyt meal from parenthood. Shameless parent ! MAY THE SOUL OF THIS INOCENT CHILD REST IN PEACE. RIP. A lesson for who cares to learn. Any parent who do not know the were about of his/her child be young 6pm is a devil. Parent ! take up ur responsibility. Late micheal Jackson wrote ” don’t have to born a baby if you can’t take care of”.

  4. Nze Emeka Ogbuefi (Ebekuodike ndi igbo)

    June 24, 2013 at 7:25 am

    Is a pity the young girl lost her life while trying to put food on her table. I believe the girl know her killer, he maybe her boy friend or somebody who know her maybe he wanted to have fun with her but she refused in the struggle she was shook to death. God have mercy on Aba people. May her soul rest in peace Amen!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending