Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is an Oil and Gas company that specializes in providing petroleum products both in Nigerian and international marketplaces. They offer comprehensive services that span petroleum exploration and production through distribution of refined products to retail service stations. Their operations extend throughout Nigeria as well as neighbouring countries.
Job Title: Treasury Manager
The Group Treasurer has overall responsibility of managing financial assets and liabilities of the group with a view to optimizing margins. The job holder will oversee cash/ bank accounts management, liquidity management, procurement of finance from bankers, corporate finance, relationships with banks and rating agencies and financial risk management. The key objectives are to minimize idle balances, minimize interest expense and maximize yield on financial assets.
- Managing the liquidity of the organisation and ensuring that yield on financial assets is maximized
- Managing bank accounts, cash flow monitoring, planning, pooling and netting
- Procurement of finance for working capital or tied to specific projects
- Forecasting cash payments and withdrawals and anticipating challenges arising from cash concentration or limited cash flow
- Responsibility for securing medium/long term finance from Investment bankers and fund managers
- Monitors funding requirements to meet current or long term corporate objectives and negotiates with financial service providers to obtain the most cost effective source of funds Making decisions on the funding of the company’s operations
- Prepares periodic reports for submission to the Management
- Maintaining Relationship with banks and rating agencies
- Managing financial risks within the group especially interest rate risk and foreign exchange risk to reduce volatility and ensure stability and predictability of earnings
- Analysing the impact of financial markets on the performance of the company’s financial assets and liabilities
- Ensure availability and access to funding at the right time, price and conditions
- Provides financial advice to the management on the group’s short, medium and long term cash/ funding / risk situation
Key Skills and competencies
- Excellent skills in money market dealing
- Excellent Treasury management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal and people management skills.
- Intuitiveness and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications for treasury management and reporting.
- Good knowledge of financial policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of accounting systems and practices.
- Proficiency in the use of financial spread sheet applications.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or in a numerate discipline
- Master’s in Business Administration
- Membership of Financial Markets Dealers association
10 years experience in the corporate Treasury management functions of a similar organization/ in the banking industry with at least 5 years in a senior managerial role.
Application Deadline: 17th May, 2013
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com
Only qualified candidates would be contacted. Please indicate job title and location as subject of the mail.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- National News22 hours ago
Gowon Describes UK MP’s Fraud Allegations As False
- National News22 hours ago
Gowon: AfDB President Adesina Warns Against Misinformation
- Politics19 hours ago
Injustice Made Me To Dump PDP For APC – Senator Abbo
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- National News22 hours ago
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani Accuses FG Of Using Huge Loans To Buy Substandard Chinese Railway Locomotives
- National News19 hours ago
Buhari Will Set Nigeria On Fire If He Doesn’t Implement People’s Demands —Wike
- Entertainment6 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Metro News21 hours ago
Nigeria Ranks Third On Global Terrorism Index Despite Drop In Deaths – Report