Connect with us

Metro News

Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash

Published

on

communal clash cartoon_358180653

A communal clash involving Ajah, Olumegbon and Ilaje boys along the Lekki-Epe-expressway, Lagos, weekend led to death of six persons, while scores were injured.

Although there were different accounts as to how the six persons whose identities were yet to be ascertained, yesterday, were killed, reports have it that the fight broke out, Saturday, on a football pitch following a lingering supremacy tussle between Olumegbon and Ajah boys.

Another version of the account had it that some Olumegbon boys were on their way to a peace-keeping meeting over the lingering supremacy battle at the Ajah motor park, only to be allegedly. ambushed by Ajah boys, who killed some of them in the process.

Eyewitnesses said Ilaje boys were not in the picture when trouble broke out but they reportedly got involved when fleeing Ajah boys attempted to escape through their terrain. They (Ilaje boys) reportedly refrained, apparently to avoid being entangled in the fight. But in the process, another round of fight reportedly started, leaving two persons dead.

Two corpses of the Olumegbon boys were reportedly taken to their traditional head’s palace where the youths mourned the loss, with each faction spoiling for reprisal attack.

Report said dangerous weapons such as broken bottles, axes, knives and locally made guns were used during the fight.

It, however, took the combined efforts of conventional and Mobile policemen drafted from the Area J Command, Ajah, to quell the fracas.

As at yesterday, residents of the area were still in fear of a possible reprisal, but Vanguard gathered that military personnel and policemen were keeping surveillance in the area.

Contacted, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the incident, saying some persons had been arrested in connection with the crisis and that security had been also beefed up in the area. [Vanguard]

Continue Reading
6 Comments

6 Comments

  1. uduak johnson

    May 27, 2013 at 8:19 am

    may God have mercy on them.

  2. maryjaine

    May 27, 2013 at 8:39 am

    The report on ajah comunal clash is twisted and a huge trace of flasehood.

    • GbengaDavid

      May 27, 2013 at 3:50 pm

      @Maryjaine, pls give a more accurate account if that of Information Nigeria is false. Thank you, as we anticipate your report.

  3. Ahmed

    June 3, 2013 at 12:06 pm

    I would repeat this again-he wasnt led away in handcuff.. The Ajah boys attacked Olumegbon’s palace-killing 4 went ahead to Ilaje killed 2.. Kazeem Salami aka All Rounder,the DPO and Area commander shouldvall be questioned. Olumegbon from the tribunal&supreme court judgement is the traditional ruler&OVER-LORD of Ajah. He is a land owner&the head of idejo class. He has the Supreme court judgement-if there is another rule higher than the supreme court-i would like to know? It is obviously the people resisting the judgement. Please give us the right information. The DPO is a sell out&a compromised fellow

    • Shawn

      November 15, 2016 at 4:17 am

      You are a fool Ahmed for saying those false words,knowing fully well that fatai olumegbon and his supporters are all criminals who are reaping from where they never sowed.you all will never go unpunished

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria Ranks Third On Global Terrorism Index Despite Drop In Deaths – Report

Published

on

Nigeria Ranks Third On Global Terrorism Index Despite Drop In Deaths – Report

Boko Haram

Nigeria has been ranked as the third most terrorized country in the world according to a 2020 report by the Global Terrorism Index (GTI).

The report which was released on Wednesday, ranked Nigeria third only behind war-torn countries of Afghanistan and Iraq.

According to the GTI report, Nigeria witnessed an increase in Boko Haram attacks in the period under review, witnessing her worst terrorist attack in 2019 in northeastern Borno State, where at least 70 people were killed and 10 others wounded when insurgents attacked at a funeral.

Also Read: Presidency Clears Air On N150,000 Monthly Payment To Repentant Boko Haram Members

“Over the past year, Boko Haram increased attacks on military targets, with deaths rising from 26 in 2018 to 148 in 2019,” the report said.

However, the report recognized that terror-related incidents in the country fell by 27% in the same period due to a significant reduction in violence attributed to killer herdsmen.

“This reduction occurred despite a small increase in deaths attributed to Boko Haram, which has been the most active terrorist group in the country over the past decade. Deaths from terrorism in Nigeria are now 83 percent lower than at
their peak in 2014.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Trending