People who say “me”,”‘myself” and “I” frequently are more likely to suffer with depression and anxiety, according to new research.
Scientists at the University of Kassel, Germany, found that the people who use first-person singular pronouns the most are more likely to be depressed than those who tend to use plural pronouns, such as “we”.
The researchers, led by Dr Johannes Zimmerman, interviewed 15 men and 103 women, most of whom were being treated for conditions such as depression and anxiety disorder.
The interviewers asked the participants about their past, their relationships, and their self-perception.
They found that people who say “me” and “I” tend to be more depressed, but that they also have more difficulties with interpersonal behaviour such as interacting in a group of people.
For example, these people were more likely to attention-seek and to be unable to spend time alone.
By contrast, those who use words like “we” a lot were better at maintaining appropriate social boundaries in their relationships while still having a healthy social life.
Dr Zimmerman said: “Using first-person singular pronouns highlights the self as a distinct entity whereas, using first-person plural pronouns emphasise being part of social relationships.”
As a result, Dr Zimmerman believes that people who use the singular pronouns tend to be needier.
The research comes after it was proved that people who suffer from depression and anxiety can benefit from forced exercise.
Scientists at the University of Colorado Boulder found that people with depression can benefit from regular exercise and that a feeling of self-control is also good for mental health.
Therefore, they decided to establish whether forced exercise has the same benefits as voluntary exercise, or whether the benefits are outweighed by the loss of control.
After studying lab rats, they concluded that forced exercise is just as beneficial as unforced.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- National News19 hours ago
Pretty Lady Who Recently Got Married Dies During Child Birth
- Entertainment5 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- Entertainment6 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- News Feed19 hours ago
I miss my ex-husband, Blossom Chukwu — Maureen Esisi
- Entertainment9 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- News Feed19 hours ago
Nigerian man publicly denounces Christianity, accepts Ijaw deity worship
- Entertainment22 hours ago
BBNaija Star, Kiddwaya Shows Off His New Look (Photos)
- Entertainment6 hours ago
‘Life Is A Journey, Not A Competition’ – Crossdresser Jay Boogie Throws Shade At Bobrisky