Connect with us

Metro News

Lebanese Arrested As Troops Uncover Armoury In Kano

Published

on

BH-Arms

Special forces, Tuesday night, raided a residential building-cum-warehouse packed with sophisticated military hardware at Bompai, a highbrow area located within the precinct of police and immigration headquarters in the troubled northern commercial city of Kano.

The warehouse allegedly belongs to a foreigner from the Middle East and located in Gaya Road, Bompai GRA and within a striking distance to the Police state headquarters and the headquarters of the Nigerian Immigration Service.

Security sources close to the military told Vanguard, on condition of anonymity, in Kano that the highly coordinated military operation was carried out following a tip-off by a suspect under investigation.

The elite troops were said to have stormed the residence, picked up the occupants and in the ensuing search on the suspected bungalow, large cache of arms and ammunition were discovered in the sitting room and some wardrobe in the house.

The military source revealed that, “large quantities of the military hardware were buried in the house, while some were neatly concealed. It took a trained officer in counter-terrorism to discover the hidden mass weapon of war.”

The security source further revealed that items recovered from the 72-hour operation includes: 40 air-to-surface missiles, 50 cluster bombs, 200 rocket-propel launcher, eight AK-47 rifles, 200 military hand grenades, uncountable number of live ammunition and certain military hard wares deployed to destroy Armoured Personnel Carriers, APC.”

The dependable source said that the weapons of war were evacuated to the headquarters of the 3rd Motorised Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Kano, alongside two other arrested nationals of the same Middle East extraction, in connection with the shocking discovery.

The source stated that preliminary investigation revealed that “three countries have been indicted and the military high command is working to ascertain the culpability.”

However, a civilian eyewitness, who lives in the neighbourhood, said he counted over “300 AK-47 riffles and I saw soldiers packing ammunition using shovels into some large containers from the house.”

The account gave the name of the suspect as one Ta’al, who appeared to be in his late 50s, stressing that “Ta’al had been staying in the house for the past five years alone without his family, and lived a secluded life as he hardly associate himself with people in the neighbourhood.

“The suspect hardly received visitors and drives a white Toyota Hilux, and doesn’t keep late night.”

However, the military authorities are keeping sealed lips over the development as effort to get their side of the story proved abortive.

When contacted, JTF spokesman in Kano, Capt Ikediche Iweha, neither denied nor confirmed the discovery, but pleaded understanding, saying that “we are going to issue a statement.” [Vanguard]

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending