The Public Relations Officers of the command, Mrs Thelma Williams in a press briefing on Monday in Lagos, said that the arrests were made between January and March 2013.
She said that the command also arrested 12 suspects with 13.8 million (N2.2 billion) dollars from September to December 2012.
Williams said that there was no law banning travellers from taking money out of the country but the money must be declared by the traveller before being taken out.
“From 10, 000 dollars there must be a declaration. We have a form there on which travellers make a declaration stating the source of the money they are carrying and what that money is meant for. We’ll leave one og the forms here and send a copy to EFCC.
“They would go with a copy because there are some countries that would ask travellers to produce that.
“Sometimes we even have letters from some of these countries. They want to know if so, so person passed through our airport and if he made such a declaration so that it won’t look as if it is a fake declaration.
“You don’t pay any amount of money to declare. The money is yours; it’s just for you to declare. I have so, so amount of money with me that I am travelling out with.
“I think why they are running away from this declaration now is because government is interested. Sometimes it could be money laundering. Government is interested.
“Those that are running away I want to believe are those that are laundering the money.”
Williams advised the travellers to make sure that the amount they would go out with is well declared, adding that the money should be changed at a registered commercial bank and Bureau De Change.
She said that the five suspects and the monies involved had been handed over to the EFCC for further interrogation.
Williams said that the command also generated N2.3 billion in April 2013 up from N2.2 billion it recorded in the corresponding period of 2012.
She said that agents’ compliance with the law at the airport had resulted to increase in revenue collection.
Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter
Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.
The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.
Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.
The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.
“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”
Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun!
My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.
Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer in sha Allah. May Allah forgive & be Merciful to her.
— Isa Ali Pantami, PhD (@DrIsaPantami) November 23, 2020
Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.
The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.
The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.
Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.
He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.
Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims
Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.
According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.
Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.
The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.
He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.
Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Davido Celebrates Late Mom On Her Posthumous Birthday
- Entertainment21 hours ago
“Your Obsession With 2Face Will Be Your Death” – 2Face’s Brother Slams Blackface
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Blackface Drags Wizkid, Burna Boy For Stealing His Song
- National News20 hours ago
2020 Finance Bill Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax: Buhari
- Entertainment5 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- News Feed19 hours ago
“Marriage requirement is very high in Igboland” – Lady says her brother spent less than N50K on traditional marriage items to marry his wife from Benue
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Nobody Is Fighting For Your Throne Because You’re The Queen’ – James brown Assures Bobrisky
- News Feed19 hours ago
Man narrates horrible experience with a slay queen in Abuja restaurant