Standard Chartered PLC is a leading international bank, listed on the London, Hong Kong and Mumbai stock exchanges. It has operated for over 150 years in some of the world’s most dynamic markets and earns more than 90 per cent of its income and profits in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. This geographic focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers has driven the Bank’s growth in recent years.
With 1,700 offices in 70 markets, Standard Chartered offers exciting and challenging international career opportunities for around 85,000 staff. It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity. The Bank’s heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, Here for good.
Job Title: Branch Manager – Wuse
The job holder would be responsible for the day to day management of a large branch in a mature and high traffic neighborhood. He/she will ensure very high standards of service delivery, as well as the profitability of the branch by engaging a variety of tools and products.
Operational Risk Management and Control
• Ensure, through the Operations Manager, Personal Financial Consultant, Relationship Manager, and the Sales teams the proper control and efficiency of the Branch.
• Will supervise work delegated to all Branch staff.
• Must be alert to unusual items, unbalanced positions, irregularities and long outstanding transactions.
• Ensure good operating security measures in the branch.
• Limited responsibility for branch Compliance Risk Monitoring.
• Responsible for undertaking the business monitoring and testing, and reporting findings, exceptions and results from such monitoring and testing activities
• Ensure, through the Branch Operations Manager, reconciliation of all branch suspense accounts.
ORMA- Responsible Person
• To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
• Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
To perform the following key responsibilities:
1. To report Unit’s OR issues to UORM
2. To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
3. To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
4. To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
5. To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities.
6. To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions.
SECURITY AND SAFETY
• Responsible for the safety and security of the banks assets and property at the branch.
• Ensure all drills are conducted in line with procedure and prescribed frequency.
• Ensure all staff and new staff go through security training, undertake SAFE and ensure security awareness.
• Submit quarterly scorecard and advise on lesson learnt.
Anti Money Laundering and KYC Process and Controls.
• To be the branch’s Chief Compliance Officer.
• To act as the branch’s Money Laundering Prevention Officer (MLPO)
• Supervise the Personal Financial Consultant, Relationship Officers and Managers to ensure compliance with:
1. Guidelines and Procedures on “Know Your Customer” for Account Opening and Guidelines and Procedures on Cross Border Account Opening Referral issued by Group Business and operations risk.
2. Controls and Procedures on “Know Your Customer and Customer Due Diligence introduced to address money laundering prevention and compliance risk.
3. “Guidelines for the submission of Suspicious Transaction Reports” issued by Head Legal & Compliance/Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer.
4. Prompt completion of L1, L2, and L3 reviews as per local/ group policy.
5. Prompt and accurate completion of all risk reports (CRM, KCSA, KCS, KRI and others that will be required, and ensure self and staff achieve required proficiency/ competency, in all mandatory risk training courses.
• Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers. Ensure your staff are trained in combating money laundering
• Accountability for SQ measures and performance.
• Maintaining good appearance of branch facilities and staff.
• Track service performance regularly and rectify any deficiency.
• Attend to and resolve customer’s complaints and feedback promptly.
• Ensure strict compliance with corporate branding and visual standards.
Human Resources Management & Training.
• Improve staff quality and develop their potentials.
• Convey Targets and objectives set by top management to all staff and direct resources towards achievement of these targets and objectives.
• Provide job rotation and OJT opportunities to enhance staff skills.
• Carry out staff competency model (personal development planning) and performance appraisal to encourage good performance and highlight areas for development.
• Communicate Bank and CB strategy and tactics.
• Provide efficient operational support to all business units.
• Provide high quality financial services.
• Provide account maintenance and support.
Characterstic Major Activities
• Weekly sales activities.
• Oversee customer account maintenance/transaction activities.
• Routine managerial duties (review operational deficiency/premises issues/performance appraisal and training/operational and cost control
• Resolve escalated customer queries and complaints.
• Improve staff productivity/service quality.
• Sign all Level 3 accounts
• Sign off on all deferrals
• Does KCS on at least 5 of all accounts opened for the month to ensure Quality control.
• Provide leadership and team building.
• Effective cost control and theefficient management of all cost lines.
Qualifications & Skills
• BSc (Hons) with a minimum of a Second Class Lower.
• MBA or other Postgraduate degree would be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi task and handle high complexities
• Strong supervisory skills and must be able to motivate the team towards achieving set goals
• Team player and the ability to see the big picture and manage priorities in a large branch.
• Ability to manage diverse stake holders and still deliver on expected outcomes.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- National News19 hours ago
Pretty Lady Who Recently Got Married Dies During Child Birth
- Entertainment5 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment5 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- News Feed19 hours ago
I miss my ex-husband, Blossom Chukwu — Maureen Esisi
- Entertainment8 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- News Feed19 hours ago
Nigerian man publicly denounces Christianity, accepts Ijaw deity worship
- Entertainment22 hours ago
BBNaija Star, Kiddwaya Shows Off His New Look (Photos)
- News Feed19 hours ago
Fans Of Yemi Alade Mocks Tiwa Savage For Not Making Grammy Awards Nominees