The conversation? Unremarkable. The sex? Less frequent. The terms of endearment? What endearment? Your relationship has stalled, and it’s time to give it a jump start. The first step is recognizing there’s a problem; now we’ve got some helpful pointers for getting back that sizzle and spark. Here are five tips for recharging the love between you and your mate.
- Don’t Go to Bed Mad: Or annoyed for that matter. The resentment can build and you’ll probably end up irritated by your partner without even remembering why. Resolve any minor issues before you go to bed or resolve to let them go. Flirting can make you feel sexy and your partner desired. Give your guy a knowing look while you’re brushing your teeth, touch his arm while you’re chatting about your day, or have a make-out session while you’re watching a DVD.
- Flirt: Flirting can make you feel sexy and your partner desired. Give your guy a knowing look while you’re brushing your teeth, touch his arm while you’re chatting about your day, or have a make-out session while you’re watching a DVD.
- Spend Less Time Together: It might sound counterintuitive, but spending too much time with a partner can make you stop feeling sexual. So make plans with your friends, grab your book and head to a cafe, or have a weekend to yourself.
- Compliment More Than You Complain: If somethinShineg genuinely upsets you, speak up. But make sure that’s not the only time you share your feelings with your mate. Make an effort to express your appreciation for your partner with specific and sincere compliments, and I bet you he’ll be more open to some of the concerns you have, too.
- Own Your Own Happiness: Without knowing it, you might be taking out your life concerns on your partner. Addressing these frustrations will take pressure off your relationship. If you hate your job, spruce up your résumé and start looking for a new one; if you find yourself super stressed, take up yoga; or if you’d love more platonic companionship, get to know people at work or join a social sports team.