Connect with us

Politics

2015: No Jupiter Can Stop Jonathan – OPC Founder

Published

on

nigeria-president-goodluckFounder of the Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, Dr. Frederick Fasehun, has declared that no force can stop President Goodluck Jonathan from contesting the 2015 Presidential election just as he assured the South-West geo-political zone would support him.

Fasehun spoke at a memorial public event for the late Ijaw hero – Major Isaac Jasper Adaka-Boro in Warri, Delta state.

The OPC leader berated those calling for the arrest of Niger-Delta activist, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari over his comments on Jonathan’s re-election, saying they were misguided.

His words, “Since the constitution guarantees Goodluck Jonathan two terms, which Jupiter can deny him the privilege?

“Those who condemn Dokubo for his statement, where were they when the likes of Atiku Abubakar, Adamu Ciroma and Muhammadu Buhari swore to make Nigeria ungovernable should Jonathan win the presidential election in 2011?

“Why are these commentators not pointing fingers correctly, now that the foot-soldiers of these evil and belligerent politicians have captured governance and turned public worship into suicide mission?” He said.

He further queried, “Where are these armchair critics now that the whole North is burning with bomb blasts and shootings and the corpses of young Southerners and Christians are being shipped back home for burial?”

He added.  “It is in this spirit that we fully throw our weight behind the State of Emergency that President Jonathan has declared in the three states. It was long overdue. Our only quarrel is with the retaining of the Governors and Legislators in their positions.”

“However, the emergency rule leaves no one in doubt that Jonathan is not only the President but also the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Continue Reading
4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. okuntade Tope

    May 21, 2013 at 7:36 pm

    Thank you sir for your comment. ACN is never a spokeman for southwest, southwest will surely back Goodluck jonathan for 2015. Haters should go to hell!

  2. Abdulhameed Banu

    May 21, 2013 at 9:58 pm

    I am really supporting his excellency the president commander in chife Dr Goodluck E.Jonathan for his effort in borno yobe and adamawa state sir we are happy no more shooting in jimeta we support the Nigeria Army JTF Allah yabamu lafiya a najeriya Ameen

  3. Abubakar

    May 22, 2013 at 12:31 am

    Fredrick Fashehun, we know you mean what you said. I can still remember what OPC did to the families of my very dear friends and relations. You can say that again. One day go be one day. The way you mobilsed and attempted Ethnic Cleansing is still fresh in my memory. Asari is rebel with a genuine Cause, though spiced with love for personal wealth accumulation, you are something else beyond description.

  4. buypublicproxies.link

    August 5, 2015 at 11:19 pm

    It’s early days in the moment it seems the ideal option for
    dwellings filled with a large number of network enabled devices.
    Search engines like google are most likely quite responsive
    to this and so pay much more attention to websites which have
    multiple bookmarks on a single site. Rather, you will likely have Proxy – Foxy up and running through some trial-and error configuration as well as reading of the quick start guide which isn’t raising first time user overall experience either.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari

Published

on

Governor Ganduje
Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari

Governor Ganduje

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has reinstated his Special Adviser on Social Media, Tanko Yakasai.

According to reports, the Kano State Governor who had earlier suspended his media aide for condemning President Muhammadu Buhari over #EndSARS protests reinstated the aide without many details.

Also Read: Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew

Yakasai on his Twitter account had accused Buhari of being insensitive to the plights of Nigerians during the #EndSARS protests across the nation.

The development saw Governor Ganduje suspend his aide who was commended by Nigerians for the courage.

Ganduje, however, has ordered the reinstatement of his aide two weeks after his suspension.

Continue Reading

Politics

Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Published

on

Fayemi Orders Resumption Of All Workers In Ekiti
Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Governor Fayemi

Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has presented the proposed budget for the 2021 fiscal year in the State.

The Governor on Monday presented a budget estimate of over N109 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.

Governor Fayemi, while presenting the budget at the State House of Assembly complex yesterday in Ado-Ekiti described the 2021 budget as “Budget of Recovery and Economic Restoration.”

Also Read: #EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

The budget has a recurrent expenditure of N57, 997,898,982.62k while the capital expenditure has N51, 668,386,739.99k.

Fayemi, said the budget proposal presented contains the policy thrust, programmes, and vision of his administration for 2021, saying efforts shall be made to source the needed resources to fund the budget.

Continue Reading

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Trending