SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover (459 M€ in 2012) has doubled in the last four years thanks to the dedication of our 3700 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development.
In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams. We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Nigeria for a:
Senior Structural Engineer (F/M)
•Carry out studies up to 5 MUSD on a yearly basis
• Supervise design contractors with work force up 10 Engineers and draughtsmen
• Carry out preliminary and basic engineering studies / in-house design for the structure discipline for offshore projects mainly (design basis, structural analysis incl. lifting & transportation cases, lay-out & 3D modelling, etc.).
• Carry out and supervises as the case may be detailed engineering performed by Contractors and installation engineering (spreader frames, lifting aids and guides, grillage, seafastenings, cargo barge stability, etc.)
• Ensure that the Engineering Contractors submit all deliverables on time and check it regularly.
• Prepare structure general arrangement drawings, specifications, MTO, calculation notes.
• Coordinate the activity of a draftsman for the execution of the drawings.
• Support drawings, support lists, requisitions, load lists.
• Carry out simplified stress analysis calculations and checks.
• Prepare technical evaluations and approval of structural contractor’s drawings.
• Read and interpret facility engineering drawings, designs and make necessary modifications or recommendations.
• Interface with Procurement Dept., Project & Construction Sections for structure engineering related issues.
• Draw up and cross-check relevant procedures, international standards (API, AISC ISO etc) and COMPANY General Specifications.
• Prepare CFT for structural activities and relevant technical evaluation.
• Follow-up Purchase Orders to ensure timely approval.
• Check and approve structural engineering deliverables received from third parties.
• Check that the design is developed in line with the Pre-Project and the statement of requirements.
• Ensure effective and timely response to technical queries in compliance with set standards, company specifications and safety procedures.
• Ensure effective design studies for infrastructures produced by contractors.
• Participate in the auditing of facilities engineering design contractors
• You possess a Bachelor Degree in Civil/Structure Engineering
• You have 15 to 20 years experience in an Engineering Organization in a similar design position.
• You are fluent in English.
• You are familiar with Autocad & proficiency in use of SACS, STAADPro. And NSO (Fastrudl, Isymost) are a must. Knowledge of PDMS or Microstation is a plus.
Rotation: 6 weeks on / 2 weeks off
Contract duration: 12 months renewable
Starting date: ASAP
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. This position is suitable for disabled people. Rotation: Resident position
Location Nigeria / Port Harcourt
Starting Date ASAP
Duration 12 months renewable
Work Cycle 6w/2w