Connect with us

Metro News

Poisionous Amala Meal Wipes Out Family Of 3



Three members of a family, Isioma Ufili, 4, Victoria Ufili, 30 (mother) and Favour Nkiruka Ufili, 26, have died after eating a meal of yam flour, better known as amala.


The mother, Victoria, prepared and served the meal at their 85, Opeilu Road, Agbado, Ogun State, southwest Nigeria.

The family’s last born, a nine-month old baby boy, survived having sucked his mother’s breasts after she ate the meal.

He was treated at Overcomers Hospital, Agbado-Crossing alongside his mother, who later died at the same hospital. Mr. Ufili, a petty trader, didn’t eat from the meal because he was away at work.

Poisionous Amala Meal Wipes Out Family Of 3

It was gathered that last Saturday, Mrs. Ufili went to the market after which she prepared the amala meal suspected to be poisonous for her family to eat.

Shortly after taking the meal in the evening, it was Isioma that first complained of stomach pains, after which she started vomiting.

A few minutes later, the mother had the same symptoms and both of them were rushed to Overcomers Hospital, Agbado-Crossing.

“But they rejected Isioma because her case was too critical and referred her to Ifako General Hospital.

From there she was also referred to the Ikeja General Hospital. She eventually died at the Ikeja General Hospital at about 6am on Monday, the same day the sister, Favour and mother, Victoria eventually died,” Mr. Charles Ikechukwu, the younger brother of Mr. Ufili said.

Ikechukwu explained that a few hours after Isioma’s death, they received a call from the Ifako General Hospital.

“When we got there, they told us that Mrs. Ufili had died. They also said that we should take care of the baby because he was also vomiting, having sucked his mother’s breasts.”

Mrs. Ufili’s body has been deposited at the mortuary. It was further gathered that they returned from Isioma’s burial at Matori Cemetery, Ladipo-Oshodi, Lagos, only to find Favour’s corpse inside their rented apartment.

“She had also vomited all over the place, and her body was already stiff. This is the biggest tragedy I have ever seen – losing three members of my family in one day,” Mr. Ufili wept.

Favour’s body has been taken to their village in the eastern part of Nigeria for burial.

“This is a case of food poisoning. Something must have happened to their food. But who is to be suspected? Who are we going to hold responsible? My brother had no quarrel with anybody, likewise the wife,” Ikechukwu stated.

The case, Ikechukwu added, was reported at the Agbado Divisional Police Headquarters, “But up till now, they have not taken any action. They were just giving us some excuses, so we decided to leave everything to God.”

When the reporter visited the house where the incident occurred, the Ufili family apartment was shut while the landlord and other tenants of the house were said to have temporarily moved out of the house.

Source: PM News

Continue Reading


  1. Akanimoh Friday

    April 25, 2013 at 10:33 pm

    Tragic. God be their succour at this time because only you can save them and reciprocate to anyone who has a hand in this. God be with you all. Peace. Out

  2. favour

    April 26, 2013 at 4:37 am

    dis is wat is going on……

    JAMB ANSWERS WILL B AVAILABLE AT 7.30 ON SATURDAY… call 08169507692 for d answers,,,,

  3. Miriam Anukem

    April 26, 2013 at 11:16 am

    That food is lethal already with the excessive cholesterol laced palm oil, This food even if I am paid a million dollars I will NOT eat it. This is why Nigerians are dying like flies. Here in America they are dying as young as forty five and just collapsing like sand dunes. Eat to live or eat to die!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting



Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

See his post below:

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Continue Reading

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims



“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims


Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

 The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own. 

 my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

See his post below:

Continue Reading

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)



Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.

Continue Reading