Connect with us

Metro News

Obasanjo Had No Hand In Ige, Marshall’s Killings – Fasawe

Published

on

Chief-Olusegun-ObasanjoAs reactions continue to trail the allegation by one Richard Odusanya that ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo had a killer squad while he was in power, a stalwart of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Oyewole Fasawe, on Sunday not only debunked the claim but described Odusanya as an impostor.

Fasawe, in his reaction, absolved Obasanjo of any complicity in the unresolved murders of former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige,  and a former national chairman of the All Peoples Party, Chief Harry Marshall.

Fasawe said  Odusanya was his “errand boy” who had no knowledge or insight into the working of government during Obasanjo era.

Fasawe, an associate of Obasanjo, expressed surprise at Odusanya’s accusations because, according to him, “the former president had never cast his sight on him (Odusanya)”.

He stated, “President Obasanjo and I have been friends for a long time, while Richard had been my errand boy for some time until about two years ago, when he surreptitiously wanted to sell one of my properties in London.

“Throughout my frequent visits to the Villa when Obasanjo was president, I cannot recall a particular time when I had gone in company with Richard Odusanya.”

Describing  Odusanya as an impostor, he said,  “All through the years that President Obasanjo was in office, he never met with Richard, let alone talk of exchanging handshake with him. He knew absolutely nothing about the workings and activities of government during those era, other than being my errand boy.

“I want to state categorically that former President Obasanjo never met with this impostor, nor know anything about the person called Richard Odusanya. The so-called Odusanya had been my errand boy for years until about  two years ago when I severed relationship with him after his failed bid to put up one of my London properties for sale.”

 

 

 

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending