Connect with us

Metro News

Nobody Is Safe In Nigeria Again – Falana

Published

on

FALANA1Human Rights Activist, Mr Femi Falana, has described Nigeria as a nation surviving on a life support machine following its current position of housing more than 150 million poor people out of the 300 million living in Africa.

Represented by Mr Femi Aborishade while delivering a lecture at the second annual Olalekan Olamide Platform for Development, Falana who spoke on the theme, ‘Development- How it begins with you,’ said the umeployment rate in Nigeria is becoming too alarming, saying this might not be unconnected with the series of violence being witnessed in Nigeria today.

He said: “It is unfortunate that despite the increase in Nigeria’s income, particularly from the sale of crude oil, development has been in the negative. Nigeria is transiting from posterity to poverty while poverty in the country has continued to be on the increase.”

Falana added that unemployment and poverty had further fuelled series of unrest that had become an abmnormal way of life in Nigeria.

“Nobody is safe in Nigeria again. No one can sleep with his two eyes closed, not even the arrogant political office holders who plunders Nigeria’s wealth, for the fear of the Boko Haram sect. The essence of any government in power is to first provide and enable a secure environment. No government should continue to be in power if it failed to provide security,” Falana said.

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. Nyorere

    April 16, 2013 at 2:30 pm

    Mr femi,should keep quiet,instead of adding salt to injury what can he do for his country,he makes so much noise like someone in need of a political appointment

  2. Bello F. U.

    April 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm

    Haba! Mr Falana we know ds since d imposition of pdp in2 power (1999). D masses ar since then never been safe. But in 2013 d rich also cry, they 2 ar no longer safe. So u take note of dt, it’s purely pdp.

  3. Tope

    April 16, 2013 at 8:46 pm

    Where as he (falana)been since al dis while av u jst wake up 4rm ur slumber

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)

Published

on

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)
Properties in the conpound on fire

Properties in the compound on fire

Hoodlums have reportedly invaded the headquarters of popular news station, TVC, believed to be owned by National Leader of APC, Bola Tinubu.

According to reports, the staff of the news station are being trapped in the building located in Lagos.

Videos circulating online shows that properties in the compound have also been set ablaze.

The news station is currently off air and this comes hours after Nigerians accused the Lagos politician of having a hand in the #LekkiMassacre.

Information Nigeria recalls security agents had opened fire at peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday.

In a video circulating online, the anchors of one of the shows, ‘Your View’ were heard saying that there were hoodlums at their gate trying to break into the premises.

Read Also: #EndSARS: Nigerian Army Denies Shooting At Protesters In Lekki

Watch the video clips below:

Continue Reading

Metro News

Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun

Published

on

Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun
Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun

#EndSARS protesters in Osun

The Governor of Osun State, Gboyega Oyetola on Saturday, escaped an attack by thugs which happened while he was addressing #EndSARS protesters in Osogbo, the state capital.

Some of the vehicles in the Governor’s convoy were also destroyed by the thugs but the Governor himself was evacuated to safety by his security team.

Also Read: #EndSARS: Hold Enugu State Govt Responsible If Anything Happens To Us – Phyno, Kcee, Zoro

As the convoy was leaving the protest venue, some of the youths continued to stone his vehicles.

While the protest was disrupted, Governor Oyetola assured the injured victims that the government would be responsible for their medical bills.

Continue Reading

Metro News

#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Constitutes Panel Of Enquiry

Published

on

Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Forms Panel Of Enquiry

Babajide Sanwo-Olu

In a bid to quell the #EndSARS protest which is spreading like a raging inferno across the country, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Governor of Lagos State has set up a panel of inquiry and restitution for victims of SARS.

This was announced in a statewide broadcast on Thursday.

The panel will be a 7-man panel which will ensure that all those with verifiable cases of SARS brutality or fatality receive compensation.

Also Read: BREAKING: EndSARS: Gov Sanwo-Olu reveals identities of policemen who harassed protesters

The Panel will be chaired by retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, while members are Ebun Adegboruwa, SAN (representing the Civil Society), Taiwo Lakanu (a retired Deputy Inspector General of Police), Patience Udoh (representing the Civil Society); Segun Awosanya aka Segalink (Human Rights Activist).

Others are Olutoyin Odusanya (Director, Citizens Mediation Center), a rep/member of the youth-led protest, and a representative of the Human Rights Commission.

There will be a help desk for the complaints and petitions to the panel.

Continue Reading

Trending