Connect with us

Metro News

JTF Destroys 294 Drums Of Seized Diesel

Published

on

dieselThe Joint Task Force, JTF, Operation Pulo Shield, Calabar Zone, on Monday in Calabar, Cross River State, continued its onslaught against illegal merchants of petroleum products as it destroyed over 294 drums of diesel it impounded last week in the state capital.

The task force, made up of soldiers from the 13 Brigade, Calabar also destroyed one truck load of diesel, six generating sets, one J-5 bus and several hoses seized alongside the diesel from oil bunkerers.

Speaking during the destruction exercise at the JTF dump site in Odukpani, near Calabar, the General Officer Commanding, GOC, 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Enugu, Major-General Olaniyi Adebayo, described bunkering as economic sabotage.

Olaniyi said the Chief of Army Staff was committed to fighting oil bunkering, adding that the command was doing everything within its powers to wipe out the menace.

According to him, the Federal Government has made eradication of oil bunkering one of its transformation agenda, adding that the army was ready to help government achieve zerobunkering level in order to boost the country’s economy.

“Mr. President is fully in support of the eradication of oil bunkering in Nigeria as part of the realisation of his transformation agenda. “All we need from you is to help us with intelligence information and I assure you that we will bring this economic sabotage to an end.

“It is a collective responsibility of every individual to ensure the eradication of this economic sabotage in our country, ‘’ he said.

He further directed that the burnt truck should be completely destroyed to ensure that the owner did not come back to claim it and make use of it again. “We are going to cut the truck into pieces to ensure that the owners cannot regain them,” he said.

Commander of 13 Brigade Nigeria Army, Calabar, Brig.-General Okwudili Azinta, said the consignment was impounded by men of the JTF following an intelligence report. He said the suspects on sighting the JTF operatives, jumped inside their boat and zoomed off.

Azinta, who is also the sector commander of Operation Pulo Shield, Calabar zone said that the onslaught against oil bunkerers was a continuous one.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria Ranks Third On Global Terrorism Index Despite Drop In Deaths – Report

Published

on

Nigeria Ranks Third On Global Terrorism Index Despite Drop In Deaths – Report

Boko Haram

Nigeria has been ranked as the third most terrorized country in the world according to a 2020 report by the Global Terrorism Index (GTI).

The report which was released on Wednesday, ranked Nigeria third only behind war-torn countries of Afghanistan and Iraq.

According to the GTI report, Nigeria witnessed an increase in Boko Haram attacks in the period under review, witnessing her worst terrorist attack in 2019 in northeastern Borno State, where at least 70 people were killed and 10 others wounded when insurgents attacked at a funeral.

Also Read: Presidency Clears Air On N150,000 Monthly Payment To Repentant Boko Haram Members

“Over the past year, Boko Haram increased attacks on military targets, with deaths rising from 26 in 2018 to 148 in 2019,” the report said.

However, the report recognized that terror-related incidents in the country fell by 27% in the same period due to a significant reduction in violence attributed to killer herdsmen.

“This reduction occurred despite a small increase in deaths attributed to Boko Haram, which has been the most active terrorist group in the country over the past decade. Deaths from terrorism in Nigeria are now 83 percent lower than at
their peak in 2014.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Trending