Connect with us

Metro News

Gunmen Kill Guard In Lagos After Attacking Family 3 Times

Published

on

For the Sarumi family residing at 2, Adeshina Street, Iju-Ishaga, Lagos state, Southwest Nigeria, it is a case of living in fear following three consecutive attacks on them by gunmen who claimed to be after one of the children of Mrs. Mulikat Taiwo Sarumi.

gun

The fear has now been heightened by the killing of their domestic guard, Sunday Abore, a father of two, by the same gunmen during their most recent attack.

According to the family members, the assailants had always demanded for the whereabouts of Prince Adefolarin Sarumi when they visited and often threatened the family members with guns and other weapons.

According to them, the attackers, who are always masked, have always claimed that their target was in the country while the family members argued that he was in Canada.

Adefolarin’s younger brother, Akinsanya, who said he witnessed the attack on 24 March that resulted in the murder of Abore, explained that the assailants stormed the house at about 1am just hours after they had earlier visited the house to ask for Adefolarin.

He said while he was relaxing outside the house due to heat, he heard a hot argument between the guard and the assailants who were trying to force their way into the compound thinking their target was around.

The gunmen, he said, finally shot the guard after much resistance from him. They thereafter declared that his death should serve as a lesson that they were serious about getting Adefolarin.

“I heard the security man begging them not to kill him; that they should have mercy on his life, that of his wife and two kids, but all of a sudden, I heard a loud noise, I could not move, I was so scared,” he said adding that the family later discovered the lifeless body of their guard outside.

Mrs. Sarumi, whose son is being trailed by the alleged assailants, explained that in an attack which occurred about 1.30 pm on 23 March, the gunmen threatened to shoot her, her daughter and grand daughter if they failed to disclose where Adefolarin was hiding.

The woman said that afternoon, she was watching television when the three men stormed the house in search of Adefolarin.

“I was so scared that I urinated on myself and told them that he (Adefolarin) was not back from Canada,” she said adding that after several threats, they left with a promise to always come back to the house until they got Adefolarin.

“I was slapped four times and my daughter was slapped twice; they threatened to kill us one by one if we don’t tell them my son’s whereabouts.

“After pleading with them for about one hour, they decided to leave,” she explained.

One other family member, Kazeem Alani Sarumi, explained that he was just returning from Tin-can Island Port, Apapa when the gunmen first stormed their house on 23 March.

“As I approached the main entrance, I saw a yellow-colour Mazda Taxi cab with Lagos state plate number parked directly in front of our gate. Immediately, I suspected it could be the men that always came to the house to look for my brother Prince Adefolarin Sarumi.

He said he was able to hide somewhere and took photographs of the car with the plate number.

He added that he scaled the fence and was able to view from hiding the way the gunmen treated his mother and the other victims.

“I heard some noise at the front of the house shortly after they left my family in the living room, so I walked quietly through the side walk of the building to watch them again and saw them leaving in the Mazda cab. On getting to the front, I saw that they had broken the windscreens of two cars belonging Adefolarin. They also broke one of the windows of the house.

“This is not the first time these people visited our house looking for my brother. They visited our house on 12 July, 2012 and 20 September 2012 demanding that we should tell them where my brother was hiding,” Kazeem said.

He appealed to concerned authorities to come to their aid, expressing disappointment in the police as he said despite several complaints that they had made, officers of the law enforcement agency have refused to act.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending