Connect with us

World news

FBI Foils Teenager’s Massacre Plan At Northamptonshire School

Published

on

assault

A British teenager’s plans to carry out a massacre at his school using handguns and explosives was foiled by the FBI after agents received a tip-off from an American chatroom user, a court has heard.

The 16-year-old boy drew up detailed plans to massacre his classmates in Northamptonshire using handguns and home-made bombs, creating intricate classroom plans and a hit-list of fellow students and where they sat. He said he would carry on shooting until the police arrived, at which point he would take his own life.

After warning users on a forum that he would be armed and ready “20 minutes from now”, one user called the FBI, who alerted police in England.

On Monday the boy, who cannot be named because of his age, was detained indefinitely in a secure mental unit after admitting possessing explosive materials and possessing terrorist materials.

Birmingham Magistrates heard in court that the teenager suffers from Aspergers syndrome, stockpiled terrorist e-books and guides to making explosives on his computer.

When police searched his home, they also found chemicals used to make explosives which he had bought from the internet.

He was arrested in February last year after detailing his plans on the anonymous chat website ‘Omegle’, claiming he would carry out the massacre in revenge for being bullied at school.

Prosecuting, Mark Topping said an American chat room user had alerted the FBI when the boy had made comments about carrying out the mass killing on February 24, who contacted police in England.

“The boy told the person he was going to stage a massacre at his school using handguns then committing suicide, Topping said.

“He said 20 minutes from now he would be armed with a Magnum .44 revolver, a Beretta 92FS and various other weapons and ammunition.

“He said he would keep shooting until the police arrived, at which point he would commit suicide.

“He also made a comment about how people shouldn’t have bullied him so much.”

Mr Topping added: “He spent some time looking for this material and wrote out a quotation on a notice board at school which was quickly erased.

“The recoveries included diaries and notebook instructions for the construction of IEDs.

“There were further notes about plans for the massacre.

“There were plans of class rooms, desks at which pupils sat and who was to be targeted.

“It is interspersed with references to [the boy] feeling himself to be weak and powerless, excluded from social activities and being bullied.”

A police search of the teenager’s home found 20 publications, including ‘The Terrorist Handbook’, ‘The CIA Explosives for Sabotage Manual’ and bomb-making guide ‘An Anarchist’s Cookbook – Recipes for Disaster’.

The court heard that police also found diaries and hand-written notes containing detailed plans for the massacre and research on ‘Lone Wolf’ killers, with the notes “interspersed with references to [the boy] feeling himself to be weak and powerless, excluded from social activities and being bullied”.

Officers also found sealed containers of potassium nitrate and sulphur powder – ‘precursor chemicals’ for gunpowder – which the boy had bought online using his father’s PayPal account.

Dr John O’Brien, the boy’s psychiatrist, said that the boy’s disorder caused him to obsess over his interests.

He added: “He has talked about this in a fantasy-type way, and has said he never planned for it to be real life and he didn’t have plans to carry it out. He knew it was a crime and was wrong.”

Imposing a hospital order, District Judge Howard Riddle said evidence from medical experts provided “hope” for the boy’s future.

He said: “I think I speak for everyone when I say we all wish you well.”

The boy also admitted a third charge of possessing ‘Lollicon’ images – Japanese cartoons depicting child molestation.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. RSA1

    April 9, 2013 at 8:15 am

    This rubbish and senseless massacre will never stop since any to-be perpetrator knows Human Right Organizations like Amnesty International will be there to defend him/her or they will always place the reason at the door of mental disorderliness…..
    Why didn’t they Label him a terrorist? Because he’s not a Muslim or has no Arabian origin or basically because he’s one of their own.
    B U L L S H I T. !!!!!!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World news

JUST IN: ECOWAS Lifts Sanctions On Mali

Published

on

ECOWAS countries
ECOWAS Countries

ECOWAS Countries

(more…)

Continue Reading

World news

US President, Donald Trump, Wife Test Positive For Covid-19

Published

on

Donald Trump and Melania
Donald Trump and Melania

Donald Trump and wife, Melania Trump

President of the United States, Donald Trump, and his wife, Melania Trump have both tested positive for COVID-19.

The President took to his official Twitter handle on Friday to make this announcement.

Trump was last seen in public on Thursday afternoon, returning to the White House after a fundraising trip to New Jersey.

Also Read: What I Told Trump When He Accused Me Of Killing Christians – Buhari

On Thursday, he announced that his aide, Hope Hicks tested positive for the virus which has killed over 1 million people around the world.

He further revealed that he and the first lady had taken the test and waiting for the results before announcing the outcome on Friday.

 

Continue Reading

World news

Mali: N’Daw, Coup Leader Goita Sworn In As President, VP

Published

on

President of Mali, N'Daw, coup leader, Goita
President of Mali, N'Daw, coup leader, Goita

President of Mali, N’Daw, coup leader, Goita

Retired Army Colonel, Bah N’Daw has been sworn in on Friday as the interim president of Mali and he is to head a transitional government following last month’s military coup in the country.

The swearing-in ceremony held in the country’s capital city of Bamako, where Colonel Assimi Goita, who led the military junta, was also sworn in as interim vice president.

This administration is to lead the government for a maximum of 18 months before organising national elections.

Also Read: Buhari Attends Virtual ECOWAS Extraordinary Summit Over Mali Crisis

It will be recalled that the country’s military executed a coup last month (August 18) which successfully removed the nation’s president, Ibrahim Boubacar Keita from office.

Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, attended the ceremony alongside other members of the ECOWAS mediation team.

Continue Reading

Trending