HR Business Partner,BB&CD(Job Number: 130006Y1)
Unposting Date : Mar-29-2013, 4:59:59 AM
Schedule : Full-time
Primary Location : Nigeria-Lagos State-Lagos-Oregun – Head Office
Shift : Day Job
Job : Human Resources
Travel : No
· Delivers HR support to the business and ensuring HR delivery is in fully aligned to business goals in their area of business
· Supports managers and teams in business delivery through enhancing their capability to deliver Strategy Into Action (SIA) components, manage their people, implement change and build relations with key stakeholders (internal and external)
· Utilises the talent development process and tools delivered by the Expertise Teams in order to provide and develop the diverse talent pipeline for both the short and medium term needs of the company
· Collaborates with the business for the creation a high performance culture by implementing team and organisation design solutions, providing measurable performance indicators and improvement plans.
· Brings HR insight (including Employee and Industrial Relations) to bear on all people related issues (people, capabilities, organisation, leadership and culture)
· Ensures and facilitates HR service delivery to the business
· Interfaces with many roles, for example SPM (Service Management Provider), Support Areas (for e.g., Finance, Legal, Corporate affairs, etc), HRBPs, Expertise Teams, HR Clients, Unions, etc. This will vary depending on the role.
· Responsible for activation of the local Human Resources plan activation (including the talent component)
· Provides input into the Talent strategy for the business through developing insight and analysis of people related business issues and opportunities (by activating global solutions, e.g. Talent Management tools/ processes and diversity metrics, etc)
· Implements, and coordinates change initiatives to support enhanced organisational effectiveness within the business
· Tracks delivery against the case for change using analytical and data-driven approaches to business and organisational issue analysis
· Interacts with HR and business colleagues within and outside the business to ensure alignment of HR activity in the spirit of One Unilever
· Works with HR colleagues from Expertise Teams to deliver HR interventions within the business
· Collects Human Resources/ Organisation Effectiveness metrics and measurement for the business across entire HR lifecycle
· Monitors and addresses legal compliance issues to by ensure that the organisation complies with local and national laws (for e.g. recruitment, diversity, data protection, employee contracts)
· Is responsible for delivering Employee & Industrial Relations (ER/ IR) to the business (knowledge of legislative and consequent impact on the organisation, relationships with works council/ unions, government/regulatory bodies, community, etc
· Interfaces with HR service provider for delivery of core HR services to the business monitors Quality and timeliness of service provision
· Escalates HR service provision issues through Service Provider Management (SPM) organisation.
· Encourages groups and individuals to work collaboratively by focusing on the common purpose of the team. Utilises insights from the team’s talents (e.g., strength finder, MBTI – Meyers Briggs, etc) to deliver the SIA (Strategy into Action)
· Has financial and budgetary responsibility for HR in his/her geography/function. This will vary depending on the role.
· Building Talent Supply
· HR Change Facilitation
· Organisational Effectiveness
· Performance Improvement
· Change Management
· University graduate
· Relevant experience in HR systems and processes.
· Good knowledge of key HR processes, roles and responsibilities across the entire HR lifecycle
· Relevant experience in ER/IR systems and process in a complex environment
· Thorough understanding of management trade unions, key legal, compliance, safety and other regulatory issues involved in key HR processes – knows key issues to look out for and when to get expertise teams involved
· Ideally has had experience of HR service centre environment and/or expertise teams as well as hands-on HR management