Metro News

Presidential Pardon: Group Targets 50,000 Signatures To Petition US, UK

alamsalams

‘Enough is Enough Nigeria’, a coalition of youth-led civil society group, has started gathering signatures on its petition to the United States, British, Canadian, German, Emirati embassies and South African High Commission in Nigeria, asking them to deny visas to those convicted of looting public funds.

The petition, entitled, “US, British, Canadian, German, South African and Emirati embassies in Nigeria: Deny visas to those convicted of looting public funds,” was uploaded on www.change.org on Wednesday.

The group said in the petition; “Nigeria’s fight against corruption has attracted financial, technical and moral support from various governments and donor agencies. There must be a strong response to these pardons that show commitment to the fight against corruption and support for the Nigerian people who are opposed to the pardons.”

The displeasure of most Nigerians over the state pardon granted eight Nigerians, including ex-Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha was also expressed by the group.

“Of the eight pardons granted, the most talked about is that of ex-governor Alamieyeseigha of Bayelsa State, who jumped bail in the UK in 2005 after he was arraigned for money laundering charges but was later tried and convicted in Nigeria by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. Alamieyeseigha is still wanted abroad. The second most talked about pardon, is that of Major Bello Magaji, who was convicted in 1996 of sexually assaulting little children. The third controversial pardon is that given to Mustapha Bulama, former Managing Director of the Bank of the North, who converted customers’ deposits into personal funds, crashing what was once Nigeria’s biggest regional bank.

“For looting state funds and customer deposits and abusing children, these three gentlemen have been granted state pardons, effectively sending a strong message of state-sanctioned abuse of power.

“We will like the US, British, Canadian, German, South African & Emirati governments who in different capacities support Nigeria’s fight against corruption and are popular destinations for Nigerians, to desist from granting visas to any persons, and members of their families, convicted of stealing public funds or acts that violate fundamental human rights,” the petition reads in part.

The group added that any sanction against current government officials to send a strong message of disproval of state-sanctioned looting of funds, would also be welcome.

The group targets 50,000 signatures on the petition, but had attracted over 600 on Friday.

1. ALEX

March 24, 2013 at 5:47 pm

I think they should also visit all the ECOWAS STATES too, for restrictions of visas. And this should also apply to all the ex governor,ministers, senators, honorables, and every other politicians or public worker, tried and convicted for corruption.

2. Banjo s.o

March 24, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Nigerians are tired of corrupt leaders who after looting still display there ill gotten wealth. There unborn generation will pay for their misdeed .Im fully in support of gathering signatures.

3. Annie

March 24, 2013 at 8:10 pm

That is awesome! Pls where do we go m sign d signature? Because I can’t wait to sign n invite all my family members, friends n loved ones to do same.

4. kenny

March 24, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Pls can sombdy tel me were dey re signing it?

5. Frank Nwachukwu

March 24, 2013 at 9:02 pm

LET VENGEANCE VISIT ALL OUR CORRUPTED LEADERS CUZ EVERY DAY IS FOR THE THIEF BUT ONE DAY IS FOR THE HOUSE OWNER. AMEN!

6. Omajugho Ode Loveall Jolons

March 24, 2013 at 9:31 pm

My good fellow Nigerians, please let us allow this ones that has been dealt with to be and focus on the nutorious ones that are controling the country with greater and greatest curruptions. And please, we the true Deltans need our Governor Ibori(i did not address him as former because we have not seen any other governor like or after him) to come back. We, especially myself, want to beg and appeal to the Federal government and to Mr. President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to please work on Ibori’s case and bring him back for us(me).

• Suleiman Jibril

March 25, 2013 at 10:11 am

Delta is full of comedians. You are certainly one of them. Keep clowning !!!!

7. taofiq

March 24, 2013 at 9:43 pm

D pardon of alamesea iby gej is a total disgrace to ds country and a confirmation that gef himself is not free from d loot his oga was convicted

8. chris

March 25, 2013 at 12:12 am

Government shld give us conc reason 4 d realise almsiyer

9. Ralph

March 25, 2013 at 6:58 am

my brothers i may not be that familiar with politics and its policies and am not justifying the state pardon but drawing our attention to what we say, do everyday we pray our “father forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who sin against us” God forgive us yet He frown at sin so my brother like jesus say he who is without sin should cast the first stone yet He frown at sin so what is our stance on forgiveness its a point to think about then i will give my signature as the 601 person

10. proffiy

March 25, 2013 at 11:44 am

wont u rest with all this Nigeria political nonsense that u are posting
    do u think it will make any difference
    i have always said we have no government but u people keep criticizing Jonathan as presdent while the national assembly have power to revoke his decisions and have power to access his usage or abuse of power
    the last time Tinubu said the Boko harram should be pardon after killing about 1000Nigerians
    the national assembly and jonathan and all the arms of Government are in this mess together
    that is my opinion and that is my stand
    Maybe jonathan refused to be made an escape goat of fighter of curruption while the people working with him are not ready to fight
    president over sees the affiars of the nation but the national assembly and house of rep over sees the abuse and making of laws
    the national assembly comprises the whole states of the nations with each having reprensentative
    let them pass motion on abuse of power on the president
    if they kept quiet then is a plan thing with house of assembly and the president including all the pdp board members
    that include Obasanjo as board of trustee
    cos the pdp have the highest votes in national assembly needed to impeach the president
    so lets call a spade and spade for once
    Nigerian politics are not ready to work period

people calling themselves lawyer think the uk, canada or usa can listen to them. the visa sections are law made against the poor. everything about visa is howmuch money u have. if u have good account or ur father is rich u get visa. let them take their demsotration to the house of assembly and save u time cos they are really wasting their time. Demostration to house of assembly with placate is better and powerful then this shit. Nigeria have what is called non alignment policy meaning USA cant impose on decisions of the Nigeria Government. Money luandering is an international offense which under united nation he can be arrested and tried and i think let them put more emphasizes to the world court to have him tried for international money laundery instead of denials of visa. U people have education but lack major impact on reasoning on ur basic right and where u stand and what u got to do.

11. abercrombie & fitch

August 24, 2013 at 2:58 am

アバクロンビー&フィッチ

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.