Metro News

Photo Speak: Shell Exposes World’s Largest Illegal Oil Refinery In President Jonathan’s Backyard

Illegal Oil Refinery 1Ebiowei, 48, drags a hose used to help siphon crude oil in an illegal oil refinery site near river Nun in Nigeria’s oil state of Bayelsa.

Illegal 2

Illegal 3Illegal 4A man working at an illegal oil refinery site pours oil under a locally made burner to keep the fire going, near river Nun in Nigeria’s oil state of Bayelsa

Illegal 5Illegal 6 Illegal 7

CREDITS – africaeagle.com

1. AHMAD TIJANI BASHIR

March 23, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Open Air System

• tmoney

March 23, 2013 at 6:39 pm

mere looking at them shows they are dead people living…….

2. sani bala

March 23, 2013 at 4:06 pm

this is not good at all, i pity nigeria

• Oluwaseun kayode

March 23, 2013 at 4:30 pm

What a shame on Nigeria driving hands…Anyway the man is refining is home before all.

3. faith

March 23, 2013 at 4:29 pm

What does this has to do with GEJ now?

• Oluwaseun kayode

March 23, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Charity begins at home.A man must govern his home before govern a nation

4. a.bdul.rasaq

March 23, 2013 at 4:47 pm

THIS IS BAD WHAT KIND OF COUNTRY IS THIS. GOD WILL JUDGE.

5. GEJ

March 23, 2013 at 5:14 pm

i love this , hard working people. while some are stealing billions with their pen in Aso rock these people are working hard after all it belong to them.

6. chimezie emerem

March 23, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Hmmmm, I don’t believe it can be true, GEJ is a trusted president

7. jesam

March 23, 2013 at 6:12 pm

this another calculated attempt to rubish my president. Jonathan has nothing to do with this.

8. george

March 23, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Shout up your mouth that’s oil belonge to them whot of the senator that set at abuja an loot million an billion.whot of husa man that owns 83%oil.blocks that don’t belong to him

• umar

March 24, 2013 at 10:17 am

I pity you based on what you posted. Didn’t you read all the stories after the alleged 83% oil blocs owned by northerners? Please make your comments on the news you see and stop casting aspersions. Mumu like you. You are typical of Fela’s description “suffering and smiling”

9. awolola abayomi

March 23, 2013 at 7:08 pm

forget ooo… they’r the one d@ owns it. quit quit solo solo sedis.. wot ever is on the land belong to the owners of the land.

10. antonia akhigbe

March 23, 2013 at 8:08 pm

OMG! ђã†̥ α̲̅ nation? She has so much and yet lives in penury. God pls ƒσя ♍Ɣ sake nd ♍Ɣ family nd children sake. Help NIGERIA.

11. Holu

March 23, 2013 at 10:45 pm

When nig. hv people like this without any work what do you expect from them to do when tell govt to give them job.

12. Otunba Greg

March 23, 2013 at 10:52 pm

They deserve it. After all man must wak. As job no dey, na something man go dey do to stay alive.

13. bash

March 24, 2013 at 2:58 am

Hmmmmmm

14. globatech

March 24, 2013 at 6:56 am

I beg, is it there is any country worst Dan nig. As @ now cos our leader are not ashamed, if u want 2 know more just go to ur youtube and search 4 Jonathan’s interview on CNN u ll see more and how they are challenging president Jonathan without a thangeble reason

15. kaylight

March 24, 2013 at 9:53 am

Wat a ridiculous country may god save us from d hands of dead leaders we av in Nigeria.

16. onajite

March 24, 2013 at 10:13 am

come down 2 the north and see hw guys make good money digging gold no body queries them pls let my people be.

17. Macgbenga

March 24, 2013 at 11:28 am

No wonder Jonathan is removing Fuel Subsidy

18. Sslove

March 24, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Rubbish! You reporters should try to educate yourselves on how to caption a story. How did this story concern the president? Did they say dt he is working wit them? Or is he in abuja and also working as a vigilante in his state? You guys should stop distracting the president and let him concentrate on his work.

19. uchechi

March 24, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Allow them to make use of what they have but they should do it with caution.To avoid danger.

20. usman umar

April 21, 2013 at 6:46 am

dis guy his a correct thieve i mean u GEF. Charity begins @ hme nd dat why d poors ar still suffering.

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.