Connect with us

Metro News

Kano Motor Park Bombing Claims 60 Lives

Published

on

kano blast

A bomb blast in Sabon Gari, a predominantly Christian quarters in Kano has left about 60 people dead, as a suicide bomber yesterday evening attacked a bus park.

Soldiers and policemen were seen cordoning off the area after the blast which reportedly destroyed several buses.

“The incident occurred around 5.00 pm when activities at the park were at their peak. So far we have counted 60 human bodies burnt to ashes from five luxury buses affected by the blast,” Chief Tobias Idika, Chairman, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Kano told Vanguard.

“All the five buses have been reduced to ashes by the impact of the blast, and scores of others with high degree burns have been taken to Government hospital. Casualty figures might rise if what I have seen so far is anything to go by,” Idika said.

“We saw it coming and we informed the relevant authority to provide security for us in Sabon Gari but it fell on deaf ears,” he lamented.

“I cannot comprehend that human lives can be wasted like this; it is a horrible scene to behold and the fire service are trying their best to put off the inferno within and around the park,” he said tearfully.

According to eyewitness account; “The blast occurred as five fully loaded buses were moving towards the exit gate at the park when an unidentified individual driving a Golf Volkswagen car in an opposite direction rammed into the buses resulting in an explosion. The suicide bomber died instantly.”

“An Improvised Explosive Device went off in one of the five buses going out of the park by 5.00pm,” another eyewitness said, adding, “There are heightened fears that none of the passengers survived the blast.”

Confirming the blast, spokesman of the Joint Military Taskforce, Captain Ikediche Iweha said; “we have moved in to the scene of the blast and we are trying to restore confidence to forestall looting.”

“We have invited men from Fire Service Department to put off the fire triggered by the blast and dozens were down by the impact of the blast. Our priority now is to secure the area and we do not have the casualty figure because we have not started counting. Investigation has commenced on the incident and that will reveal what happened, and how it happened”.

No group has claimed responsibility for the blast, but it is suspected to be the handiwork of Islamist sect group Boko Haram, who have reportedly failed on several trials to infiltrate Sabon Gari believed to be the haven of Southerners in Kano.

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. Olamiju

    March 19, 2013 at 7:28 am

    SALVATION – in its highest sense, is the process of becoming who you really are in God’s mind. Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for man’s SIN; through Him you can know and experience God’s love and God’s plan for your life. The wonderful thing is that you don’t have to wait for Jesus to receive you. He is always waiting for you to receive Him. All you need to do now is to accept you that you are a sinner (…all have sinned and come short of the glory of God). Believe that only Him can forgive your Sin. Be ready to confess and forsake your Sins. Accept Him as your Lord and Saviour. Anything worth having has it’s price. SALVATION is free, but the price is to confess and forsake all your Sin. Do it now because tomorrow may be to late.

  2. TRUTH

    March 19, 2013 at 9:02 am

    To All Atheists, Buddhists, Christians, Hinduists, Muslims, Shintoists, Taoists…

    REMEMBER!

    1. LIFE IS SHORT
    Some live for 2months; some struggle thru their teenage years; some 30yrs, some 80yrs.
    2. SIN IS THE CAUSE
    For all have sinned…the wages of sin is death.
    3. DEATH IS SURE
    It is appointed unto men to die once, after that judgement. All will die either by one means or otherwise, by agents of darkness, or even by Boko Haram.
    4. JESUS CHRIST IS THE CURE Acts 4;12
    Salvation is in no other, except JESUS CHRIST who died for the whole world that we might have life. No other prophet has died and rose up again…except JESUS CHRIST, the Son Of GOD.

  3. OLEDE

    March 19, 2013 at 10:04 am

    A typical muslim are happy when christain are killed. I tell u the truth they ‘ll all rust in the hell fire whether they believe or not they ‘ll definitely die one day.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Published

on

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

See his post below:

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Continue Reading

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

Published

on

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

 The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own. 

 my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

See his post below:

Continue Reading

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Published

on

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.

Continue Reading

Trending