Connect with us

Metro News

Anxiety in Ekiti State over Health Condition of Deputy Governor

Published

on

flay

Ekiti State Deputy Governor, Mrs Funmi Olayinka

Information emerging from Ekiti State government has revealed that there might be concerns over the health of the deputy governor of the state, Mrs Funmi Olayinka.

According to a statement by the Ekiti State Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, “Ekiti State government wishes to inform members of the public that the deputy governor of the state, Mrs Funmilayo Olayinka, has taken leave to attend to issues relating to her health.” The two-paragraph statement then added: “we urge all well-meaning citizens of the state to remember her in their prayers.”

However, a source in the government said that the deputy governor only applied for leave, saying she could do whatever she wanted with her leave.

Earlier, there had been anxiety over the health of the deputy governor among her supporters; it only became heightened on Monday following the government statement. “Her health has been a source of concern. But with the government statement, it means that there is more to it now because they had kept mute all this while over the matter,” a source close to government said.

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. BN

    March 19, 2013 at 4:12 pm

    May God continually be with her and may the will of the lord be done in her life in Jesus’ name.

  2. Abe k.m

    March 19, 2013 at 7:01 pm

    God will heal her.

  3. ajumoke

    March 24, 2013 at 5:46 pm

    Make God heal her and make her strong in jesus name, long life is her portion. She will not die prematurely in jesus name.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending