Aside from her chart success and all-round global domination, there has been swearing, drugs and nudity, not to mention a reunion with a certain abusive ex-boyfriend.
So, as Rihanna blows out the candles on her ‘Birthday Cake’, we’re celebrating by charting her 25 most controversial moments…
Happy birthday, RiRi!
1. RiRi hit back at fans who dared to question what the suspicious white powder on top of the man’s head was in a photo she posted at Coachella Festival, labelling them ‘pathetic c*nts’. Nice.
2. While there isn’t hardly an inch of Rihanna’s skin we haven’t seen before, we were still shocked when she stripped completely naked for GQ in 2012.
3. Rihanna used to love the c-word, and would wear it emblazoned on necklaces and t-shirts, that was until she was shocked to discover the word was actually offensive.
4. As RiRi hit a strip club with her pals in 2012, she was seen throwing dollar bills at the performers. She tweeted: “#ROCstarshit my daddy would be proud”. Yep, bet he was beaming.
5. When Rihanna appeared on ‘The X Factor’ final in 2010 along with Christina Aguilera, their raunchy performances racked up over 1,000 complaints to media regulator Ofcom. It led to a ruling stars would have to cover up to appear on TV before the 9pm watershed.
6. Rihanna was seen brazenly smoking a suspicious looking cigarette whilst holidaying in Hawaii in 2012. She even tweeted: “Kush rolled, glass full…I prefer the better things!” – and for those of you not down with drug lingo (unlike Rihanna), ‘kush’ is a type of marijuana from the Middle East.
7. “Come here rude boy, boy can you get it up?” sings Rihanna on her 2010 hit ‘Rude Boy’. Such a good role model.
8. Rihanna had us all worried when she tweeted a picture of herself hooked up to a drip and then went quiet. While everyone speculated she had been rushed to hospital, suffering from exhaustion, others said she was receiving an intravenous vitamin boost, popular with many popstars.
9. Rihanna and Chris Brown teamed up to record ‘Birthday Cake’ for her sixth album ‘Talk That Talk’ in 2011, giving us the first sign they were back in contact after he beat her in 2009.
10. Rihanna dresses as a weed fairy for a Halloween party in Hollywood in 2012. Whatever happened to plain old Frankenstein, eh?
11. While most of the male population may love RiRi getting naked, one person who didn’t was farmer Alderman Alan Graham. After she froliced around topless while on his farm to film the video to ‘We Found Love’ in 2010, he insisted the star cover up or get off his land.
12. This was the scene of a New York nightclub in June 2012 after a brawl erupted between Chris Brown and Drake, allegedly over Rihanna.
13. The world was aghast when Rihanna confessed she was still in love with ex Chris Brown during a tearful interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2012.
14. Rihanna unveiled a shocking new addition to her body art in 2009 – a tattoo of a gun on the side of her rib cage.
15. Rihanna singing about ‘chains and whips’, whilst provocatively sucking on her finger. Her video for 201 hit ‘S&M’ was RiRi at her saucy pop best.
16. In what was to become the biggest PR disaster ever, Rihanna invited a bunch of journalists and fans to fly around the world with her as she plays seven gigs in seven countries in seven days. The result was far from a party in the sky, with the journos comparing it to prison as RiRi refused them access to her, and only made two brief appearances during the whole week.
17. Amid rumours they were more than just friends again, Rihanna planted a smacker on ex Chris Brown at 2012’s MTV VMAs, leaving viewers gobsmacked.
18. Rihanna was at the centre of a race row when she picture of a bag of rice cakes wearing sunglasses and a pair of earrings alongside the caption: “Ima a make u my b****”. Later in 2012, her best friend used the term (which is a slur against people from Asia) to insult Chris Brown’s ex Karrueche Tran, who is part Asian.
19. She may have appeared as a guest at the Victoria’s Secret Show in 2012, but RiRi saved her sauciest antics for after the show when she tweeted a snap of herself in a state of undress.
20. Rihanna has never made any secret of her fondness for a bit of the green stuff and told fans she ‘didn’t really give a f*ck’ what they thought when she tweeted a picture of a nug of weed in 2012. Charming.
21. After months of speculation, Rihanna finally confirmed she was back wither her abusive ex Chris Brown in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine in January 2013.
22. RiRi was branded a ‘desperate freak’ by PETA in 2012 when she stepped out wearing snakeskin boots. “Rihanna may not have a clue that snakes killed for boots are often nailed to a tree and skinned alive. Of course, they can’t go on Oprah to cry about it,” they said. Ouch.
23. Rihanna seemed to enjoy riding on a rather suggestive looking pink tank during Last Girl On Earth tour in 2010 a little too much, if you ask us.
24. Rihanna was criticised for a shaky performance at a Swedish music festival in 2012 after she arrived 45 minutes late on stage, seemed disorientated and was accused of miming. It followed the death of her beloved GranGran Dolly days earlier.
25. Errr, yes Rihanna, we can see your nipples. And your underwear.
OAP Toolz Recounts How Almost Everyone In Her Home Tested Positive For COVID-19
Media personality, Tolu Demuren alias Toolz, has narrated how she and the members of her household tested positive for the novel Coronavirus.
The on-air personality, in a string of tweets, mentioned that she was mainly concerned about her two children but fortunately, they did not contract the virus. Toolz also revealed that they have all fully recovered in her home.
In her words;
“Feeling super thankful to God today! This time last month, we were going through a very scary period! Almost everyone in our house (including myself) tested positive for Covid-19.
I was just about to return to work after my maternity, and it all started with Captain complaining of ‘malaria-like’ symptoms. He had them for a few days, and didn’t seem to get any better…so we ended up taking him to hospital.
He had taken a Covid-19 test a few days before which was negative, so I thought it was a bad case of malaria. He was admitted with malaria and a bacterial infection we were told. After being given intravenous antibiotics and other meds he still wasn’t getting better.
I decided to move him to a different hospital, and they tested again, and he ‘blew up’ the test according to the doctor. My body went cold, and my first thought was ‘OMG the babies!!’. Then a short while later, I thought about myself. I did a rapid test, and it was positive.
Neither of us initially had the common symptoms- no coughing, no breathing issues…although I later lost my smell and taste. Captain was in hospital for a week and this was around the time of the Lekki shooting, so I was doubly terrified.
My main fear was the babies…especially our youngest son as he was just about 3 months old. We didn’t test them, but I was certain they had Covid too as we literally kiss and cuddle our boys every day. The doctor assured us that they wouldn’t be affected.
Thank God the doctor was right, other than a sneeze here & there, our babies were perfectly fine. I was generally ok too, just scared. Once you get that positive result, you get all these random symptoms you didn’t have before. My back would hurt…I’d be like hmmm corona oo
The weirdest thing was the taste and smell thing. Everything Captain had tasted bad, he’s a foodie so that was strange. One of my super powers is my sense of smell…and it just gradually faded. I actually put a bottle of bleach under my nose one day and…nothing.
I kept waiting to fall ill, and it didn’t happen. I started thinking I had indaboski blood, but then I had 2 days where I felt like I had the worst hangover in the world, then there was some fatigue, but I was generally ok.
Captain on the other hand felt super rundown, couldn’t keep food down, had cramping all over and a bunch of other symptoms. After a week, he came back home, and we finished our isolation period together.
After 2 weeks we all retested and were all thankfully Negative. Thanks to Almighty God for seeing us through, a big thank you to the doctors that looked after us… especially Dr Majekodunmi of Eurocare for the constant reassurance, and for taking my a million and one calls.
I’m super thankful I didn’t get it while I was pregnant. Imagine I travelled to have my baby, came back, did a 7 covid tests, and it was the 8th that was positive. The craziest thing was that a week before I legit told someone that there’s Covid in Lagos anymore. Silly me”, she concluded.
See the tweets below:
‘Many Christians Speak In Tongues But It’s Hard To Find Interpreters’ – Uti Nwachukwu
Popular media personality, Uti Nwachukwu, has come for Christians who speak in tongues without interpreters. The ex BBA winner took to his official Twitter account to state that he finds it weird that a lot of Christians speak in tongues without anyone to interpret the tongues, stating that it is contrary to what is in the Bible.
His tweet reads:
“I find it sooo weird that a LOT of Christians speak in tongues, But till today I have not met ONE person that can interprete the tongues. Afterall the Bible (1 Cor 12 V10) says Holy Spirit gifts some with tongues and others with interpretation? Where are the INTERPRETERS?”
See his tweet below:
‘Do Not Turn Your Mentor To Your Competitor’, Helen Paul Advises
Popular Nigerian comedienne, Helen Paul, has taken to Instagram to share some words of advice. The stand-up comedienne cum TV host and actress shared a write-up on her page with a lengthy caption that states that it is only for the wise.
The post reads:
“Do not turn your mentor to your competitor, respect who saw the light before you… *Onlyforthewise*”
Part of her caption reads:
“Only the wise will understand this. E dey happen when they think they know it all… Learning for mentors too is necessary, leadership skills and training is very much needed. Understanding temperament and when to draw the line is very much needed.”
See her post below:
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- National News23 hours ago
‘Your Report On Lekki Capable Of Setting Nigeria On Fire’ — Lai Writes CNN
- Entertainment20 hours ago
‘Why I Don’t Promote My Old Songs’ – BBNaija’s Vee
- National News23 hours ago
Petrol Subsidy Not Completely Gone, Says Minister
- National News20 hours ago
#LekkiMassacre: CNN Dares Nigeria Government, Updates Second Report (Video)
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Singer 9ice Shares New Family Video; Hints At Reconciliation With His Wife
- Entertainment19 hours ago
BBNaija’s Laycon To Star In Showmax Original, ‘I Am Laycon’
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Being Divorced Is Nothing To Shame Anyone For’ – Toke Makinwa Blasts Reno Omokri