Connect with us

Metro News

London Police ‘Accuse Nigerian Of Pouring Acid On Self’

Published

on

photo2.JPG

Police in the United Kingdom are looking at whether the appalling injuries suffered by a Nigerian acid-burn victim may have been self-inflicted.

Naomi Oni, 20, sparked a UK-wide fundraising appeal after she was left scarred for life in an apparently random acid attack. But officers are now said to be considering the possibility Oni did it herself after they discovered she had researched acid attacks online before she was maimed at the end of last year.

They are examining her laptop computer amid reports she looked up information on Katie Piper, the former model who has campaigned for facial disfigurement victims since she was scarred in an acid attack in 2008. Victoria’s Secret shop assistant Naomi claims a woman in a niqab threw the unidentified liquid over her as she walked home in Dagenham, east London, on December 30.

She suffered full thickness burns to her face, arm, hand and leg and was blinded for two days. After spending nearly a month in hospital, she made an emotional plea for her alleged attacker to come forward. Naomi said: “I just want this person to come forward. How can they sleep at night knowing they have done this?

“I have stopped hating them. I just feel sorry for them and I wonder what’s going on in their life to want to make someone else suffer like that.”

But detectives have quizzed her family members on whether Oni could have hurt herself. Naomi’s law student student boyfriend Ato Owede, 23, said: “The police are not doing enough to catch the person. “I think they did ask her mum if she did this herself — that’s just crazy. They need to keep on investigating.

“They’re concentrating on the wrong things at the moment in terms of her researching acid attacks and stuff like that. “They are just coming to a silly conclusion.”

She previously told The Sun: “The police haven’t been able to find anyone — they even asked my aunt if I had done it to myself, which really upset me. “Why would anyone do this to themselves?” She also appeared on ITV’s This Morning and has signed deal for another interview with Take a Break magazine.

The Met Police confirmed they had seized a number of items from Oni and said they were following a number of lines of inquiry. A spokesman said: “Inquiries are ongoing. “A number of items have been seized during the course of the investigation and they are being examined as part of ongoing inquiries.”

Source: The Nation

Metro News

Gunmen Abduct Wife Of Akeredolu’s Chief Of Staff

Published

on

 Gunmen Abduct Wife Of Akeredolu’s Chief Of Staff

Ondo on map

Kidnappers on Friday abducted the wife of Olugbenga Ale, Chief of Staff to Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu.

According to reports, she was kidnapped around Owena after the Joseph Ayo Babalola University while on her way back to Ondo from Lagos State.

Also Read: Unknown Gunmen Kill Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olufon Of Ifon

The police spokesman in the state, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, confirmed the news to Channels Television on Friday.

This development is coming about twenty-four hours after a first-class traditional ruler in Ondo State, the Olufon of Ifon in Ose local government, Oba Isreal Adeusi, was murdered by suspected kidnappers.

 

Continue Reading

Tech News

TECNO Stormed Computer Village with BBNaija’s OZO to Wrap up its Black Friday Sales Activities

Published

on

The month of November is always known for its intense sales activities because the best deals of the year come
during the Black Friday Period. For TECNO, Africa Number One mobile brand, it was the time to reward its
customers with massive discounts and various gift items while also unveiling some of its new devices.

The brand in collaboration with SLOT stormed computer village as part of the events to wrap up its black Friday
sale activities, hosted BBNaija’s Ozoemena Chukwu to a hangout at SLOT Ikeja.

Fans and customers had a fun time interacting with the handsome celebrity while enjoying discount offers on
TECNO devices. Different deals and gift items were up for grabs as customers who made purchases at the store
enjoyed 50% discounts on Spark 5, Camon 16 Series and 100% cashback on the Spark 5 Pro.

The major highlight of the event was the presentation prizes to lucky winners. Customers who participated in
the spin the wheel game won gifts items such as Bluetooth Speaker; Power Bank and kettle while those who
participated in the Scratch and Win Promo won for themselves different deals ranging from 50% to 100%
cashback.

TECNO also introduced two latest devices-the Spark GO 2020-powered by Google Android 10 Go Edition and a
TECNO POVA. POVA means ‘Powering Optimal Value and Ambitions’ is a rebrand of the popular battery series
formerly known as Pouvoir was inspired by the zeal to deliver budget-friendly smartphones with superior
gaming experience.

The first of its kind 6.8-inch TECNO POVA, is powered by Mediatek Helio G80 octa-core processor and hyper-
engine game technology that transforms gameplay experience giving ultimate stability and a high refresh rate.
Additionally, users will benefit from the “Game Space,” “Game Mode,” and “Game Assistant 2.0” features,
allowing them to switch to the “do not disturb” function, a much-anticipated experience all gamers will
absolutely enjoy.

The TECNO POVA is also equipped with a power-packed multitasking effect ramped up by 6GB RAM and 128GB
of internal memory. The device also has a 6000mAh super big battery, 18W Dual IC Flash charger, a standby
time of 30 days and the ability to play music for 8 days straight, on just a single charge. It’s the perfect
smartphone offering a way to worry less about low battery.

The new devices are available for purchase this November and for the rest of November, customers will enjoy
amazing discounts, instant and mega prizes on TECNO devices.

Continue Reading

Metro News

BREAKING: Court Jails Rep Member For Lying

Published

on

BREAKING: Court Jails Rep Member For Lying

Court

A member of the House of Representatives, Victor Mela has been sentenced to one-month imprisonment by a Magistrate Court in Wuse, Zone 6.

The lawmaker who represents Billiri/Balanga federal constituency was, however, given an option of fine.

Also Read: North Is The Worst Place To Live In Nigeria -Sultan of Sokoto

Recall that on November 10 that a magistrate court found the lawmaker guilty of lying under oath while filling the CD001 INEC form prior to the 2019 elections.

The magistrate had, however, set a different date for sentencing of the lawmaker after his lawyer pleaded for leniency.

Mr Mela swore to an affidavit thrice, denying citizenship of another country whereas he has a British passport.

 

Continue Reading

Trending