Computer Warehouse Group: One of the fastest growing information and communication technology companies in Africa today. We offer integrated ICT solutions that add value to the operations of diverse clientele, using highly skilled and well motivated workforce. We work with best-in-class partners and technologies from all over the world.
We comprise three divisions, each with expertise in one of the three information technology disciplines, plus an IT training and certification centre.
CWL Systems specialises in the supply and maintenance of computer hardware and ancillary equipment. It commands a share of over 15% of the computer systems market in Nigeria with a strong foray into the Ghanaian and the larger West African market.
DCC Networks dedicates itself to VSAT, Metropolitan Area Network, Wide Area Network, Systems Integration and Network Monitoring and Management.
Job Title: IT Support Personnel
Computer Warehouse Group seeks to fill the role of IT Support Personnel.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled processes
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate tapes or disks (Good understanding of Symantec backup will be an advantage)
- Apply OS(operating system) patches and upgrades on a regular basis, upgrade administrative tools and utilities, and configure / add new services as necessary
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining system security and configurations on Windows server 2008 R2
- Various Applications Support (Servicedesk, Accounting, Remote Desktop management tools etc)
- Mail server administration (Microsoft Exchange)
- Microsoft SharePoint management
- Manage the company servers and intranet and protect the important information on them
- Manage Microsoft Project Server
- Domain controllers and Active Directory support
- Manage IP Telephony system (VOIP)
- Install and administer Print Server
- Website Management
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Be ready for troubleshooting and attend calls for immediate resolution
- Make plans for periodic preventive maintenance of the computer systems
- Be in charge of inventory of equipment regarding computers and should ensure that they are well stocked to carry out immediate repair work
Desired Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of Windows Infrastructure (windows 7 and windows server 2008)
- Database Knowledge. (SQL, MYSQL etc)
- knowledge of network management
- Independent and able to perform tasks with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with good command of English
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and an excellent team player
- Microsoft certification will be an added advantage
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within a week and emails must have the title of the job being applied for. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Applicants must state working telephone numbers at which they can be reached during office hours