Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Job Title: Senior Manager New Product Development
Program Management of the New Prodcuts under development thereby ensuring their timely launch and FTR delivery. This shall contribute towards increasing the revenue of AES and also meet our goal of innovation.
1. Achieve timely launch of New Products and meet the Launch targets in terms of speed to market and revenue
- Influence and facilitate the planning, allocation and meeting of NPD targets (in terms of speed to market, profitability and revenue) for each of the products in all the business domains in AES.
- Monitor the cost of New Product Development and maintain the ROI for each product wrt to the development cost.
- Analyse and trigger focused initiatives to enhance new services usage and sales among all customer segments and ensure revenue realisation.
- Direct in-depth assessment of new Airtel product and services performance vis-à-vis competitor services, to identify gaps and take remedial action.
- Review post launch research and analysis to understand and evaluate how the new product is received by the customer and assess impact.
2. Program Management of New Product Design and Development.
- Program Management of the entire new product development (NPD) life cycle from concept through design & development and launch and post launch progression for all the business domains
- Creation and management of the NPD funnel and ensure the assigning of cross functional resources to each product.
- Determine service requirement, viability and profitability of the initiatives designed and prioritise their development and launch accordingly.
- Ensure timely product / service development through resource management, coordination with backend factories, process adherence, project management, cross functional negotiation and discussion and end to end management from Idea to Launch
- Anticipate potential problems and ensure effective solutions to support the application of new products through tools like FMEA, QFD, UAT testing, Alpha launch etc.
- Lead/facilitate discussions withinand across functions to resolve conflicts and arrive at consensus.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A good first degree
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- 8-10 years of Sales / Marketing/ Product /Technical / Process experience with preferably 3-4 years of operational experience in telecom industry. Should have managed teams of 3-4 members
- Program Management
- Commercial acumen
- Presentation skills
- Drive for results
- Planning and coordination
- Research orientation
- Analytical skills