Transocean, the world’s largest offshore drilling contractor, provides the most versatile fleet of mobile offshore drilling units to help clients find and develop oil and natural gas reserves. Building on more than 50 years of experience with the highest specification rigs, our approximately 18,000 employees are focused on safety and premier offshore drilling performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate drilling equipment as instructed in the well program and Standing Instructions to Driller (SID) in a manner that complies with Company policies and procedures.
- Operate all equipment at the Driller’s console in a safe manner; maintain a clean, tidy and hazard- free condition on the drill floor and associated area
- Monitor the well condition at all times (i.e. depth, mud weight, weight on bit.)
- Recognize, interpret and respond to down hole conditions
- Perform drilling- related operations such as directional drilling, working stuck pipe, running and cementing casing strings, coring, fishing, and assisting in wireline logging, well testing, and other special operations.
- Supervise and direct operations in the picking up or laying down of tubular and all drilling-related equipment
- Maintain accurate record of tubular and tool dimensions (i.e. internal and external diameter, fish neck, and serial numbers) Ensure that the solid control equipment and mud mixing operations are being monitored constantly
- Inform Toolpusher/Senior Toolpusher and Client Representative if a deviation from planned operation occurs
- Keep accurate records of fluid displacement when tubulars are run in/pulled out of well.
- Complete the IADC daily drilling report (GMS) at the end of each tour
- Hold pre-tour meeting with the drilling crew for all drilling operations.
- Secure the well during an emergency or well control situation; assist in the well-killing operations.
- Supervise the lubrication and maintenance of all drilling and associated equipment and ensure it is carried out in accordance with the Preventive Maintenance System (RMS).
- Maintain equipment files, drilling logs and records; perform all technical calculations required to carry out drilling operations Assist during the running and retrieving of marine risers and BOP stack
- Assist in the planning, organization and supervision of rig move operations
Desired Skills & Experience
- University degree or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum of 2 years offshore experience as a Driller (Semi or Drillship prefered)
- Successful completion of the at least one D-CAP Assessment (Onshore or Offshore)
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Valid well control supervisor certificate
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit
- Basic computer skills
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Singer Davido Reveals Secret To Staying Rich (Photo)
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Don Jazzy, Dad Celebrate Birthday Today
- Entertainment5 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Politics18 hours ago
Injustice Made Me To Dump PDP For APC – Senator Abbo
- National News21 hours ago
Gowon Describes UK MP’s Fraud Allegations As False
- National News18 hours ago
Buhari Will Set Nigeria On Fire If He Doesn’t Implement People’s Demands —Wike
- National News21 hours ago
Gowon: AfDB President Adesina Warns Against Misinformation
- National News21 hours ago
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani Accuses FG Of Using Huge Loans To Buy Substandard Chinese Railway Locomotives