Laurus Development partners (Laurus) is a real estate development company combining local expertise with world-class standards. We develop environmentally sustainable, quality projects that deliver enduring value to our community, investors and end users. Our projects are designed to be future proof. We don’t just build a project for today; we build it to be relevant in ten, twenty fifty years time.
By applying the highest international standards in real estate investment, development and management, Laurus is shaping the modern property market in West Africa. Our vertically integrated approach, combined with deep local knowledge, enables us to successfully execute property development projects in challenging West African market. The Laurus’ team has collectively worked on more than two million square meters of real estate developments.
Laurus is an investee company of Actis, the leading private equity investor in emerging markets. Actis has been investing in emerging markets real estate since 1949. Actis gives us the financial backing to deliver complex, long-term projects that others struggle to deliver in this market. We develop world-class projects using the highest standards in architecture, design, engineering, health & safety and sustainability, adapted to local conditions. Because of our experience, our expertise and tried and tested approach, we are able to manage long-term risk and deliver strong returns.
Job Title: Shopping Center Development Manager (Real Estate)
Functions: Project Management
Industries: Real Estate
Responsible for the creation, design and implementation process of a new 25,000 sqm, Class A retail project in Abuja (Nigeria), this will include:
- Project feasibility studies, presentations and recommendations on development concept, preliminary program and budget
- Owner of the project budget and schedule
- Development/project brief, which include setting time, cost and quality objectives for the project;
- Selection and appointment of project consultants and contractors, and coordinate and monitor their work done to make sure design process is on time and on budget
- Manage and own the design process through concept and schematic design, design development and construction drawings
- Identification of potential construction related issues or contractual disputes and effect appropriate solutions in conjunction with the Construction Director
- Monitors project budgets and schedules for significant variances
- Oversee, review and sign-off all contractor and suppliers’ payments
- Coordinate requirements with anchor tenants and their consultants
- Manage leasing agent(s) activities and ensure leasing and pre-leasing targets are met
- Management of the project to meet the time, cost and quality objectives
- Provides administrative and financial analysis support to ensure project completion
- Manager clients/investors relations, communication and reporting.
- Assists in the leasing contract of the retail center to include working closely with legal counsel and Client in review of lease documents.
- Make certain that all project’s agreements are properly documented
- Monitors the flow of information regarding project design among interested parties including investors, market research personnel, construction groups, consultants and architects.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of the General Contractor and consultants during construction to make sure construction is executed to meet project quality, time and cost objectives in conjunction with the Construction Director
- Acts as a team member with all employees
- Complies with all policies and procedures
Desired Skills & Experience
Over ten years of work experience with a professional real estate development organization and a record of RETAIL project(s) successes (better if shopping centers). Direct experience in Africa and/or Nigeria will be a strong added plus.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Proven direct experince in shopping centers property development
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work with financial model in Excel.
- Fluent in MS Power Point and Word. Fluency in MS Project will be a plus.
- Ability to work independently and needs a minimum oversight.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks within a tight time schedule.
- Possesses the highest degree of integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think creatively and contribute to projects success.
- Ability to adapt to a highly challenging and unstructured business environment.
- Ability to analyze real estate from a strategic point of view.
Four years degree in engineering, architecture mathematics or business preferred. MBA from an internationally recognized program will be an added plus.
Lagos, Nigeria (extensive travel to Abuja in Nigeria and Accra in Ghana will be required).
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Entertainment21 hours ago
#EndSARS: ‘It Hurts Knowing This Country Has Potential’ – Singer Tekno
- National News23 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- National News22 hours ago
Police Ban All Forms Of Protest, Gatherings In Lagos
- National News19 hours ago
IGP Deploys Personnel Over Attacks On Police Stations
- News Feed19 hours ago
Lagoon hospital reportedly under attack after allegedly rejecting a young man shot by security operatives (videos)
- News Feed19 hours ago
Manchester United Star Aaron Wan-Bissaka In Trouble As Side Chic Leaks Their After Sex Photos Ahead Of His Wife’s Delivery (Photos)
- News Feed17 hours ago
#EndSARS: Ekiti state government declares 24-hour curfew