Connect with us

Metro News

War Brews Between President Jonathan and VP, Sambo

Published

on

Why You Should Buy YouTube Views Cheap

A cold war brewing between President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President Namadi Sambo came out in the open last weekend as the two political figures attended two different events with their political allies.

Goodluck-Jonathan

Mr. Jonathan was in Yenagoa, the capital of Bayelsa State, to bury his brother, Meni, while Vice President Sambo was in Kaduna to give his two daughters, Aisha and Huwaila, out in marriage.
A top official of the Peoples Democratic Party told SaharaReporters that many members of the party were baffled that the president fixed the burial of his brother on the same day that his vice president had set for his two daughters’ marriage.

SaharaReporters learnt that Mr. Sambo’s daughters’ wedding had been scheduled months ago. “The president knew about the wedding and received his invitation long before his brother died on November 20,” said our source, adding that First Lady Patience Jonathan had been tapped to be “Mother of the Day” at the nuptials.

Several sources disclosed that the relationship between the President and the Vice President started to deteriorate when Sambo received reliable indications that Mr. Jonathan was determined to run for another term in office. The prospect of the president’s going for a second term has alarmed Northern political figures, among them the vice president, who had been calculating ways of retaking Nigeria’s highest political office.

“We know that some northern elders have been putting pressure on Vice President Sambo to position himself to challenge the president,” said a source close to Mr. Jonathan.

Other sources in Aso Rock told us that President Jonathan was well aware that Mr. Sambo is exploring options for running for the presidency in 2015. “He has been trying to raise his profile and rally political heavyweights and operatives to his corner,” said a Jonathan associate. The source accused the VP of “trying to flex his political muscles, but he should know that, even if Mr. President decides not to run, he [the president] will still have a say in who succeeds him.”

One of Mr. Jonathan’s men said that they came close to declaring war “after Vice President Sambo selected a powerful delegation and went with them to pay a condolence visit to Gen. Muhammadu Buhari on the loss of his daughter.”

A political observer described the scenes in Yenagoa and Kaduna last weekend as resembling “a realignment of political forces around President Jonathan and Vice President Sambo.” Those who mourned with Mr. Jonathan in Yenagoa included Senate President David Mark, who also has presidential ambitions, as well as numerous Nollywood players. On the other hand, such personalities as Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, Muhammadu Buhari and several Northern political figures, traditional rulers and business executives attended the vice president’s more festive event.

A source close to the vice president disclosed that Mr. Jonathan was in a precarious position. “He is waging an ongoing political war against [former President Olusegun] Obasanjo,” said the source.

A confidant of President Jonathan’s admitted that members of the president’s camp were angry at Mr. Obasanjo for trying to remotely control the ruling party long after his exit from power. The People Democratic Party recently stated that there was no plan to reconcile the president and Mr. Obasanjo.

On his part, Mr. Obasanjo has said in private and public forums that President Jonathan is bound to leave in 2015. The former president’s statement is at odds with Aso Rocks’ strategy of leaving Mr. Jonathan’s opponents guessing as to his next plans.

Continue Reading
11 Comments

11 Comments

  1. DAVID OGWU

    December 12, 2012 at 10:16 am

    Nor of them complain, should he suspend a fresh buriel for marriage n while d pain is still there

  2. PENNUELLA

    December 12, 2012 at 10:53 am

    There is nothing journalists would not report as news in this country. Na wa oh. So what Sahara reporters wants to tell us is that the President should leave his brother’s burial and go and be wining and dining at a wedding. Assuming he did that too, they would have still complained. Sahara reporters my foot. SMH

  3. oshenyi solomon

    December 12, 2012 at 11:42 am

    sambo should take his time

  4. Hopeson Osei

    December 12, 2012 at 12:33 pm

    The conspiracy is quite obvious but it is 2 early 2 conclude. God bless Naija

  5. Samson onyebuchi

    December 12, 2012 at 4:18 pm

    Jornalists are the couse of many conflics btwn our politicians. How do you expect Mr. President to postpond a fresh death and go for a weding ceremony. Jst put Mr. President’s condition here in ur shoes or is it bcos he is a president?

  6. silk

    December 12, 2012 at 7:15 pm

    Crack heads

  7. ibrahim

    December 12, 2012 at 7:53 pm

    Mr. President shld fix a date before the wedding date since he knows aboutwedding. This is to show u that something is wrong somehwere. I dnt like them both. I hate the vise president most eventhogh we share thesame religion and tradition. Fuck them all.

  8. nurudin9ja@yahoo.com

    December 12, 2012 at 8:32 pm

    I dont know why the two leaders are thinking of returning to power 2015 when we’re not yet satisfy with there service this time.
    Who will vote them?????

  9. Charles Dawn

    December 13, 2012 at 6:06 am

    There is truth in every rumour carried out.Sahara cannot just wake up and report what they don’t know.Its time for politickings,election stratergies,so there is bound to be political differences between Jonathan and Sambo.This happened between OBJ and ATIKU.

  10. jimmy udo

    December 13, 2012 at 7:13 am

    everything is news these days. junior jonathans dead was sudden and very painfull to the jonathans, over here we realy feel the lost of our loved once. the president could’nt have attended sambo’s dauthers wedding, with his brothers corpse still on the ground. it takes a few days to arrange a burial in the south unlike in the north.

  11. Egwu Nwokedi

    May 2, 2013 at 2:06 pm

    Sambo should relax. The truth is that he has not got what it takes to be the president of this country. As far as this country is concerned now Sambo should go and think of what next to do after this tenure

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

Published

on

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

 The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own. 

 my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

See his post below:

Continue Reading

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Published

on

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.

Continue Reading

Metro News

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)

Published

on

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)
Properties in the conpound on fire

Properties in the compound on fire

Hoodlums have reportedly invaded the headquarters of popular news station, TVC, believed to be owned by National Leader of APC, Bola Tinubu.

According to reports, the staff of the news station are being trapped in the building located in Lagos.

Videos circulating online shows that properties in the compound have also been set ablaze.

The news station is currently off air and this comes hours after Nigerians accused the Lagos politician of having a hand in the #LekkiMassacre.

Information Nigeria recalls security agents had opened fire at peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday.

In a video circulating online, the anchors of one of the shows, ‘Your View’ were heard saying that there were hoodlums at their gate trying to break into the premises.

Read Also: #EndSARS: Nigerian Army Denies Shooting At Protesters In Lekki

Watch the video clips below:

Continue Reading

Trending