Responsible for developing appropriate talent acquisition strategies and managing the end-to-end talent acquisition process to deliver agreed targets for roles within assigned business areas, ensuring that the right candidates are recruited, at the right time, at the right price. Partnering with the business, the role holder will provide both consultative and transactional talent acquisition support to deliver a comprehensive and value added service, covering the all employed worker (internal and external) local and cross border hires and transfers, ensuring all talent acquisition activity is aligned to and effectively communicates the employer brand. Accountable for grade 5 hires within country / business areas under remit.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Targets, budgets & governance
• Guide the business on talent acquisition planning (first principles)
• Agree and deliver direct sourcing and cost saving targets
• Deliver the budgeted resource plans for roles within assigned business areas
• Ensure compliance with relevant operational and people risk controls, and employment legislation
• Escalate any issues and risks, as appropriate so that they can be appropriately tracked and managed
• Provide ad hoc support to the Regional / Country / Head, Talent Acquisition, as required
• Translate business objectives into talent acquisition plans and strategies, closely aligning them to the broader talent acquisition and talent development agenda
• Conduct structured business needs discussions with hiring managers before candidate search commences, identifying the key role and candidate requirements, and agreeing the sourcing and selection strategy, SLA and respective roles and accountabilities, updating the JR accordingly
• Agree sourcing and administration needs with Talent Acquisition Coordinators
• Provide a full consultative service to line managers with regards to the recruitment industry and market trends
• Design and deliver innovative sourcing strategies and solutions to meet business growth needs and generate diverse pools of applicants whilst closely controlling cost bases
• Proactively search for, identify, network with and directly contact active and passive job seekers, both internally and externally, for hard-to-hire, evergreen and specific vacancies, sourcing the very best candidates using a variety of channels that are aligned to and effectively communicate the employer brand including:
• Conducting pure research and name generation activities
• Online advertising (careers website, external job board postings) and automated electronic candidate searches
• Database mining, using social networking sites etc. Contacting potential candidates who have posted their information on the internet, consistently generating leads from applicants over the phone or face to face
• Searching in-house databases (talent lists, CV database), creating hot lists, keeping high quality declined candidates warm and on ‘potential prospect’ lists
• Networking at professional and trade events, and careers fairs, and partnering with Government Labour Agencies
• Engaging and managing external PSL recruitment agencies, where required
• Develop multi-hire sourcing approaches and work in partnership with colleagues across the network to tap in to overseas sourcing channels and co-ordinate global campaigns
• Participate in intern, graduate and MA recruitment events and activities (e.g. careers fairs), as required. Refer any direct hire applicants who would have strong potential for a programme role
• Develop effective pre-screening questions in PeopleSoft to maximize process efficiency, short listing CVs against the JR requirements, actively reviewing and challenging the diversity of talent pools
• Efficient end to end applicant management for each JR i.e. timely review and short listing of applications, promptly updating applicants and responding to any queries, liaising with Talent Acquisition Coordinator regarding interview and assessment arrangements, briefing and preparing candidates for interview (directly or via agencies)
• Conduct preliminary assessments, as required, assessing candidates’ talents, fit and readiness, setting realistic role expectations
• Advise hiring managers on the appropriate assessment tools for different roles, developing relevant interview questions and analysing selection reports (as applicable) to assess the implications of candidates’ strengths profiles
• Advise hiring managers on which candidates to progress to the next stage, ensuring the right decisions are made, challenging the business’ recommendations as required
• Complete identification, legal right to work and address verification during interview process
• Manage any rejections who may be potentials for other roles, ensuring that rejections are handled appropriately and candidate contact is maintained (via Talent Acquisition Coordinators, as appropriate)
• Co-ordinate timely provision of feedback between the hiring manager, suppliers (where relevant) and candidates. Responsible for updating interview notes in PeopleSoft and ensuring timely and appropriate completion of the same by co-interviewers
• Ensure all required approvals are obtained before offers are made (e.g. high remuneration recruits process)
• For international moves: work with relevant stakeholders to determine the applicable international move policy type; initiate cost estimate generation and obtain hiring manager approval; prepare the business case for the international move and ensure completion of all move approval requirements (including supporting the business in setting appropriate move objectives and end of assignment plans). Attend new hire assignee briefing calls
• Support the IM Operations team in managing exceptions requests for international moves, as required
• Negotiate offers between hiring managers, suppliers (where relevant) and candidates, assisting in the negotiation of release dates and backfill requirements where applicable. Work in partnership with Reward, IM and hiring managers to establish competitive, effective total reward packages in line with budgets and global policies
• Liaise with Talent Acquisition Coordinator to ensure accurate and timely contract issuance following verbal offer. Liaise with IM Operations to ensure timely assignment letter development / issuance and initiation of relocation services
• Manage work permit applications and extensions for new hires and in-country transfers, where required
• Improve candidate conversion rates (first offer made to acceptance ratio) through effectively diagnosing and selling the most relevant points for each individual
• Ensure pre-employment checks are completed in line with global minimum standards, managing any discrepancies or delays with the vendor, candidate or hiring manager (as appropriate)
• Responsible for ensuring all Talent Acquisition related Right Start pre-employment global standards are met or exceeded for candidates under remit (i.e. issuing of contracts and induction packs, timely Bank ID creation and issuing notifications to hiring managers, HR RMs etc, confirming start dates and their Right Start responsibilities)
• Develop innovative pre-joining strategy, maintaining regular contact with candidates and keeping them warm post offer acceptance
End of assignment
• Ensure proper plans are in place for when international assignees come to the end of their assignments. Work with relevant stakeholders to identify appropriate roles for the assignees. Execute planned business or talent development strategy and/or succession plans, as applicable
• Work with line managers and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. Home Talent Acquisition team) to plan and make appropriate on-assignment and end of assignment decisions, and implement accordingly (e.g. localise on role change)
Employer brand and Employer Value Proposition
• Ensure the employer brand is fully leveraged, and embedded in talent acquisition touch points (including candidate and vendor interactions), ensuring full understanding and alignment by Hiring Managers and HRRMs to deliver consistency of message and optimal candidate experience
• Deliver full compliance to employer brand governance process
• Pathological and infectious collaboration with colleagues, candidates, customers and suppliers, building sustainable relationships, setting and managing expectations clearly, identifying and resolving the root cause of any issues and escalating as required
• Deliver a high degree of sponsorship, engagement and buy-in/understanding between the business and Talent Acquisition, increasing awareness of Talent Acquisition’s total service offering and hiring managers’ responsibilities, ensuring that credibility is earned quickly and the role holder is sought out for advice and engaged at the outset of all recruitment, optimizing frontline delivery
• Work collaboratively and share knowledge with Talent Acquisition professionals in other countries
Reporting & System Management
• Use PeopleSoft to drive the end-to-end talent acquisition process, recording all relevant details associated to job requisitions and candidates in a timely manner, ensuring applicants are categorized effectively in the CV database for easy and fast retrieval, and regularly conducting system ‘housekeeping’
• Analyse dashboards, reports and MI to proactively monitor and interpret internal and external conditions, using these findings to deliver operational excellence and continuous improvement e.g. more effective and efficient channel management, candidate conversion
• Regular updates with HR RMs regarding JRs raised, work in progress etc
Qualifications & Skills
• In-depth experience and a successful track record in Talent Acquisition: commercial experience (in-house or search firm) of retained search and selection, or contingency and multi channel recruitment, with a successful track record in management level job filling within a complex recruitment model / environment
• Able to deal with high recruitment volumes as well as more specialist vacancies, managing multiple vacancies at any time across a variety of disciplines
• Understanding and experience of developing sourcing strategies and managing multiple recruitment channels to deliver recruitment targets within budget. Experience managing / working with PSLs and non-PSLs and good knowledge of the market place, competitors and best practice
• Strong consulting skills and experience in translating business objectives into Talent Acquisition solutions / requirements through diagnostics and needs analysis (e.g. probing to identify underlying needs, effective questioning to provoke broader thinking about resource requirements, capability gaps etc)
• Sound communication and influencing skills, enabling the role holder to network effectively, establish credibility quickly, build sustainable relationships, relate to candidates and hiring managers, effectively push back on hiring managers / agencies and effectively sell Standard Chartered Bank to individuals
• Gravitas to deal with senior hiring managers and junior to middle management level candidates
• Ability to deal assertively with conflict, and remain positive when under pressure
• Innovative, pragmatic, commercial, and customer-focused approach
• Capacity to think creatively and laterally
• Excellent reasoning skills and the ability to screen and interview applicants while making sound judgments on suitability for the role / organization
• Track record of working in a very organized way, multi-tasking, prioritising, managing data, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and long term)
• Experience of analysing recruitment management information and using this to identify and initiate improvements
• Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g. data protection)
• Proven track record as an effective leader of a small sized team, coaching, managing and engaging the team to deliver high performance
• Knowledge of HR databases (e.g. PeopleSoft)
• In-depth experience of in house recruitment at a strategic level
• Experience in an international professional services / banking environment
• Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with a broad base of cultures, dealing with demanding and fast-paced client groups
• Demonstrable knowledge of banking / divisions
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Standard Chartered PLC is a leading international bank, listed on the London, Hong Kong and Mumbai stock exchanges. It has operated for over 150 years in some of the world’s most dynamic markets and earns more than 90 per cent of its income and profits in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. This geographic focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers has driven the Bank’s growth in recent years.
With 1,700 offices in 70 markets, Standard Chartered offers exciting and challenging international career opportunities for around 85,000 staff. It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity. The Bank’s heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, Here for good.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment20 hours ago
‘I Miss Being On A Movie Set’, Says Temi Otedola
- Entertainment15 hours ago
‘It Made Me Understand That I Wasn’t Respected’ – Reekado Banks Finally Speaks On Wizkid’s Insult
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Pens Heartfelt Message To His Wife On Her Birthday
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘Made In Lagos’ Surpasses ‘Twice As Tall’ On UK Albums Chart
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Singer Teni Returns With New Single, ‘Jo’
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Alleged Abortion: ‘I Am Not A Murderer’ – Ultimate Love Star, Rosie Says In Touching Video
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Peter Okoye Appreciates Fans As He Hits 10M Followers On Instagram
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Tiwa Savage’s ‘Celia’ Makes Time’s 10 Best Albums Of 2020