As Country Representative you are our key local representative and linking pin between the Managing Board in Amsterdam with regards to general business development and representation of the PharmAccess Group within Nigeria. Your role is to:
- Contribute to business development, by acting as a radar for local opportunities, creating an attractive external profile and opening doors at clients and donors, writing proposals in collaboration with respective business lines in Amsterdam and local Program and Project Managers;
- Represent PharmAccess externally, manage key relationships, and help solve any problems that may arise with our local partners;
- Serve as PharmAccess’ eyes and ears regarding local-governmental policy developments, local-regional strategies of large donors and clients and be acutely aware of social, political and business developments that may affect our programs;
- Run a local office, including legal affairs, human resources and implement safety procedures, while being the key contact for the Amsterdam office on logistics;
- Create an office environment that stimulates professional local execution, knowledge exchange between business lines, and professional and personal growth for our staff;
- Supervise day-to-day operations of support staff (e.g. IT; accounting; etc.).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Relevant Master’s degree or MBA;
- Track record as an excellent results-driven international manager, who knows how to lead and stimulate a diverse group of ambitious people;
- People manager;
- Analytical skills and ability to operate strategically in a complex setting with various stakeholders;
- Energetic and enthusiastic, flexible and able to think out of the box; problem solver;
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written;
- Proficiency at Microsoft tools, including PowerPoint and Excel;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact and build relations in an environment with multiple stakeholders and people that originate from different cultures;
- Major advantages: experience working in African countries or other resource poor countries; experience in the field of development cooperation and NGO’s; knowledge of different aspects of public health care;
- Affinity with our mission and objectives.
PharmAccess is a Dutch not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving health in Africa through pioneering innovative approaches. PharmAccess works closely with public and private financiers for the benefit of doctors and patients through insurance (Health Insurance Fund), loans to doctors (Medical Credit Fund), clinical standards (SafeCare), private investments (Investment Fund for Health in Africa) and operational research (Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development). Together, this group of organizations serves the purpose of making good health care accessible to everyone in Africa. Funding for our projects come from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, World Bank, IFC, USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, DFID as well as private parties.
Pharmaccess in Nigeria
Since 2007, PharmAccess has initiated 5 community-based health insurance schemes; 3 in Kwara State and 2 in Lagos. Over 97,000 people have enrolled through our local implementing partner, Hygeia Community Health Care (HCHC), and can now access care at a provider network of 30 clinics. Recently we have started the roll-out and support of the SafeCare program (quality assurance and accreditation of lower-tier clinics), and the Medical Credit Fund program (loan provisioning and technical assistance for private clinics).
In addition to these insurance schemes, PharmAccess will be implementing other projects in collaboration with various in-country partners.
PharmAccess currently has offices in Lagos and Kwara. All programs are expected to grow rapidly in the coming years.