JOB #: 122690
JOB TITLE: Governance Specialist
JOB FAMILY: Public Sector Management
JOB TYPE: Professional & Technical
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
RECRUITMENT TYPE: Local Hire
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: English [Essential]
CLOSING DATE: 02-Dec-2012
The Global Partnership Facility (GPF), through a contribution by DFID in Nigeria, has made possible the establishment of a trust fund to support Improving Economic Governance in Nigeria. The trust fund provides support in six areas:
• Accountability and transparency of the financial reporting in the oil and gas sectors;
• Improved governance of service delivery – mainly in primary education;
• Improved PFM transparency, accountability, effectiveness and sustainability primarily at state level;
• Increased engagement of citizens in the development process in the Niger Delta states of Edo, Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta;
• Increased citizen voice and inclusion to strengthen voice and inclusion and social accountability; and
• Provision of just-in-time governance advice, knowledge, dissemination, mainstreaming, and program management on the governance agenda in Bank operations.
Each of the six areas are managed by World Bank Task Team Leaders.
The trust fund activities are in the main tied to ongoing and planned World Bank operations and associated government counterparts. The trust fund is set up to be implemented in two phases. The first phase running from October 2011 to February 2014 will serve to test areas of engagement, solidify counterpart engagement and achieve preliminary results. As second phase, envisioned the period from February 2014 to December 2017 will constitute the implementation phase.
Through all components, the trust fund will support the implementation of a “Strengthened Governance Approach” in the World Bank in Nigeria. The concept note for the approach is attached to these terms of references. The World Bank is looking to recruit a one year term staff specialized in broad governance issues with a focus on political economy, open government and demand side issues, to facilitate the joint implementation of the approach and trust fund.
The position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 1 year term appointment.
The selected candidate will report to the AFTP3 Sector Manager in Washington and will work closely with the task team leaders and decentralized Cluster Leader (CL) based in Abuja. S/he will be expected to carry out the following duties:
• Support the day to day implementation of the Programmatic Approach to Governance in Nigeria.
• Function as a Secretariat to GPF trust fund Management Committee
• Support the day to day implementation of the GPF Trust Fund for Strengthening Economic Governance in Nigeria
• In doing the above, S/he will:
a) Support World Bank task teams in using political economy and governance analytical tools throughout the operational and analytical project cycles with a view to improving their development effectiveness,
b) Function as a Secretariat to the multi sectoral Governance Filter team, supporting task teams ahead of concept note and decision meeting reviews, brief the CD and providing follow up, as needed to sector teams,
c) Improve the linkage of supply and demand side interventions throughout the Bank portfolio,
d) Work with sector colleagues and, in particular, EXT colleagues to find new ways to engage external stakeholders disseminate Bank products with a view to improving the environment for information and transparency.
• Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena – Understands policy making process; distills operationally relevant recommendations/lessons for clients.
• Policy Dialogue Skills – Identifies and assesses policy issues and plays an active role in the dialogue with the government and/or other stakeholders.
• Integrative Skills – Working to develop an integrated view across all facets of current sector.
• General Governance and Public Sector Knowledge and Experience – Has demonstrated analytic and operational skills in the area of public sector, and has practical experience working on production of projects and/or studies on areas key to public sector.
• Written and Verbal Communication – Delivers information effectively in support of team or workgroup
• Client Orientation – Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
• Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ workOTHER SELECTION CRITERIA
• Master’s degree with at least five years of experience in public administration, economics, social science, political science, or other related field;
• Excellent analytical skills and direct experience in undertaking political economy and governance analysis;
• Excellent people skills and a proven track record of working with and for non state actors.
• Extensive experience in demand-side governance activities, including work with civil society and local communities and familiarity with instruments such as access to information, grievance redress, media development, citizens’ score-cards, participatory budgeting etc.
• Working knowledge of World Bank instruments for improving development effectiveness through governance and public sector management entry points.
• Strong client skills, including a demonstrated capacity to work with government counterparts around transparency and accountability interventions, in poor governance contexts.
• Demonstrated track-record of being a self starter, delivering tasks in time and quality ;
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and ability to juggle multiple tasks;
• Strong organizational, research, and oral presentation skills;
• Demonstrated skills and experience in project management;
• Proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision; including strong client engagement
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment16 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment22 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Davido’s ‘The Best’ Featuring Mayorkun Hits 10M Streams In Its First Week
- National News21 hours ago
We Deliberately Shut Down Refineries – NNPC GMD
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘I’m Rooting For Burna Boy To Win The Grammys’, Says Tiwa Savage
- Entertainment16 hours ago
Singer Johnny Drille Releases New Song, ‘Mystery Girl’