Oando Plc: one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange with shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market
Job Title: Snr Process Engineer
Job Code: SPE/FT//69205
Directly Reports to: Project Delivery Manager
- The Snr Process Engineer provides technical and administrative support to the Project and Operations Department.
- The role while liaising with Petroleum Engineering and Operations is responsible for ensuring that the relevant standards and methodologies are applied in the design, construction, commissioning and operation of OER facilities.
- This role would also be responsible for investigating the various alternatives to accomplish the best possible solutions for onshore/offshore oil and gas related installations, projects, developments, modifications and EHSSQ upgrades.
- Mature chosen concept through Front End Engineering Design to Detailed Engineering, in-line with the Oando Opportunity Realization Process (OORP), International industrial standards, best practices, latest proven technologies, environmental regulations.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for optimization of existing facilities to increase production, providing support to project planning, operation procedures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake feasibility and conceptual selection studies on new developments and in the optimization or de-bottlenecking of existing facilities.
- Develop Block Flow Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, and equipment sizing and validation calculations in accordance to relevant standards and procedures.
- Provide tier-3 technical support for the company operations
- Develop control philosophies and ensure safety compliances in process designs
- Scope and manage Feed Contractors to deliver complete and accurate deliverables in accordance to set Codes and Standards.
- Provide inputs for preliminary cost estimates and scheduling of projects.
- Provide Job inputs for the Mechanical, Piping/Pipeline, Instrument, Structures/Civil and Electrical engineers
- Establishment of practices and procedures to assure operational, design and fabrication integrity
- Act as process technical SME for the company’s project and operation activities.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reduced down times on existing facilities
- Quality of engineering/front-end deliverables
- Production increases directly attributable to process engineering/facility modification
- Design, fabrication and operational integrity assurance.
- Technical mentoring and knowledge transfer
- A good degree in Engineering (preferably, Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical)
- 5 – 10 years cognate work experience in Design Engineering
- Experience in detail design of process facilities and pipelines, which should include design of gas and oil processing facility
- Experience with process system modeling and simulations, using key industry platforms
- Conceptual Engineering-process discipline
- Experience with engineering design/EPC contractor supervision and work oversight
- Experience in technical bid evaluation and vendor technical selection
- Experience in staff development and knowledge transfer
Knoledge & Skills
- Working knowledge and skills in the use of relevant software such as Hysys, Flarenet and Pipesim,
- Good CAD skills
- A good understanding of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry
- Team player- ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams
- Oral & Written Communication
- Technical aptitude and strong analytical skills
- Excellent team player and interpersonal skills
- PC Utilisation
Application closes 22nd November, 2012