A lecturer in the department of Business Administration, Yaba College of Technology, YABATECH Mr. Joseph John has been arrested for beating and inflicting injuries on a 12-year old boy living with him.
Mr. John was arrested by the police in conjunction with the Lagos State Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, WAPA on Tuesday at his residence at No. 7 Osanyinpeju Street, Akoka Lagos.
The boy according to reports started living with John’s family on 7 January 2012 and was stopped from going to school since March 2012 over what John termed as unruly behaviour.
Officials of the WAPA ministry claimed that people living in John’s neighbourhood were overjoyed when the boy was rescued and the alleged culprit arrested. There were wounds on the boy’s body, one close to the eyes, and another on his buttocks, several marks of beating and swollen hands occasioned by severe maltreatment.
According to the victim, who hails from Imo State, “I started living with the man in January and they put me in school, Primary 4 but they stopped me from going to school in March. They said I gave my father’s number to my teacher to call.
“The man will not give me food but he will give his son food, so whenever he gives his son food, I will eat from it and this will attract beating. He beats me with electric cable, plank and curtain rod.”
He alleged that “he will tie my hands from the back and tie my legs. Anywhere he inflicts injury on me, he will apply pepper to that spot.
“Whenever he keeps food, I will eat it because he did not give me food. I normally go outside to beg for food and he beats me when he knows about it. At times he will use blow on me.”
He further alleged that he was being accused of eating from the food he was asked to give to the dog, saying that “he will ask me to bring plank and hit it on my buttocks and I will feel serious pains.”
John did not deny beating him but he said he does whenever he did something wrong, saying that the aim was to correct his bad behaviour.
“This boy is my uncle’s child and I brought him to Lagos. The one who seniors him has impregnated a girl. I was asked to train him.
“I put him in school and in that school, I receive report that he is not participating. I asked him for his book and it was blank and I flogged him. After sometime, I discovered that he had started stealing, he will break the door and empty my money and he says because he is hungry.
“We saw money in his bag and it is only God who can judge between him and me. I even took him to Mountain of Fire Ministry so that his life can change but he will go there to sleep,” he explained.
He however denied using planks and electric cable to beat him, but noted that he had exceeded the limit in beating, saying that he would send the boy back to his parents.
Permanent Secretary, WAPA, Risikat Akiyode lamented the serious injuries inflicted on the boy’s body, adding that the Child Rights Law forbade inflicting wounds on a child. “You can beat a child but not to inflict injury on him. The law will take its course,” she stated.
John has been taken to the Alausa Police Station for further investigation while the victim was taken to one of the state’s rehabilitation homes. [PMN]
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment19 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Entertainment13 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment15 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Davido’s ‘The Best’ Featuring Mayorkun Hits 10M Streams In Its First Week
- National News17 hours ago
We Deliberately Shut Down Refineries – NNPC GMD
- Entertainment19 hours ago
‘I’m Rooting For Burna Boy To Win The Grammys’, Says Tiwa Savage
- Metro News19 hours ago
No Pardon For Rapists, Says Sanwo-Olu