Location: IIkoyi – Lagos, Nigeria
|Business:||GE Global Growth & Operations|
|Business Segment:||Global Growth & Operations – Africa|
|About Us:||At GE Retail Finance/Restructuring, we are imagination at work. Whether it’s enabling customers with tools that make the most of their finances or negotiating leases for our world-class locomotives, the GE Retail Finance/Restructuring teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading financial products and services that support the success of businesses worldwide. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment where we are focused on taking the processes that are best in class and making them better. Here you’ll find confident, accomplished colleagues who enjoy the resources to support innovation and initiatives that have real impact. If you’re a motivated self-starter and an adaptable, creative, flexible problem solver, then join GE in creating the next generation of financial products and services that will keep the world of business moving forward for generations to come.|
|Posted Position Title:||Sales & Project Finance Leader|
|U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:|
|City:||IIkoyi – Lagos|
|Role Summary/Purpose:||As part of the Sales and Project Finance team across Sub Saharan Africa (SSA), this role will support GE industrial business’ growth with sales finance solutions. The financial product and structures will vary widely across the industries of Energy, Transportation, Aviation and Healthcare; products will include trade-finance, leasing, asset-backed lending and project finance.|
|Essential Responsibilities:||– Embedded with GE Regional Sale and Project team, closely work with field sales force including distributors leads project finance/PPP and development structuring for SSA and drives order growth through co-investment and co- development.- Support GE engagement under the various country strategic agreements (MOU – Memorandum of Agreement)|
– Develop close relations with a network of regional/local banks/financial Institutions & Investors and build a range of finance solutions
– Originate customer and project financing opportunities and initiate structuring of financing solutions. Lead the underwriting effort pulling in expertise from the broader SPF team.
– Analyze Credit and Market risks, lead the preparation of external documentation (Information Memoranda) and internal documentation (pricing models, credit requests and board papers); provide useful market intelligence for decision making, structuring and pricing in order to win transactions and clear market in our role as financial arranger.
– Lead projects independently. Lead the underwriting effort pulling in expertise from the functional teams in tax, accounting, legal and operations. Advise on and structure transactions where GE is taking direct risk; either on corporate or project finance basis.
– Minimizing GE risk exposure and track GE off balance sheet risk exposure opportunities in the afore- mentioned region to boost GE sales.
– Leverage GE SPF expertise (ECA – Export Credit Agency, Project & Structured finance) as well GE Specific products and investment vehicles
|Qualifications/Requirements:||– MBA/University level degree and/or GE FMP graduate- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the financial services industry, and a minimum of 3 years in credit and risk analysis in a leadership role.|
– Background in project finance/project development advisory
– Deep project finance skills required
– Strong Modeling, Credit and underwriting skills required
– Experience in developing/financing of complex multi-party infrastructure projects
– Strong Project Management and integration skills
– Ability to develop and underwrite business models, working with developers and with risk and underwriting teams to obtain organizational approval for development capital and long-term/debt funding.
– Strong knowledge and connection of/with Regional & international Lenders
– Strong knowledge of regional markets and stakeholders (EPC’s, Developers, Local Authorities)
– Experience in market/business development would be a key asset in order to lead market/opportunities sizing and scoping for deal origination purposes.
– Proven leadership and deal origination/execution skills with extensive experience working closely with Senior Management Teams.
– Ability to execute and negotiate small and large, complex deals with different customer/risk profile
– Proven knowledge of one or more countries of the region and ability to work in emerging markets environment
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must. French is a plus but optional
– Self-starter & proactive. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
– Excellent skills to work cross functionally
– Flexile/adaptable – able to work with diverse group of people in a matrix environment
|Additional Eligibility Qualifications:|
|Desired Characteristics:||– Equipment and project finance working experience|
– Project finance groups of commercial banks and project advisory firms
– Experience in financing or lending activities in the region
– ECA and/or DFI (Development Finance Institutions) application experience.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment17 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment14 hours ago
Singer Davido Reveals Secret To Staying Rich (Photo)
- Entertainment17 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- Entertainment20 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- News Feed15 hours ago
Smoking Weed Is The First Sign Of A Useless Boyfriend -Nigerian Lady Says
- Entertainment17 hours ago
‘Life Is A Journey, Not A Competition’ – Crossdresser Jay Boogie Throws Shade At Bobrisky
- Entertainment14 hours ago
Actress Linda Osifo Recounts How She Got Teased About Her Tribal Marks
- National News20 hours ago
#EndSARS: UK Parliament Does Not Speak For British Govt – FG