power is indeed transient as so is life! Some people get the opportunity to realize this and amend their ways while others do not and so tend to erroneously believe they will live forever or remain in power till eternity.
One man has learnt this lesson and he is not taking it for granted as according to him, “I’m a much better human being, having learnt a lot of lesson.”
Former Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose, spoke about life as he turns 52 today, his relationship with former President Olusegun Obasanjo, his bid for the 2014 governorship poll in the state, among other issues. Here’s an excerpt:
AT 52, you must be a totally different personality now, given your experiences of life, especially after leaving the governorship seat? What are some of the things you will probably want to do differently henceforth?
My experience in the last six years since I left office has given me an opportunity to see life better than I saw it the other time. And it is going to reflect in my actions and inactions when I become governor in 2014. At 52, I am no more a small boy. I’m not an old man either. But I must be seen to be impacting positively on people. People must see me as a role model; as a responsible principled leader. I must equally be seen as a book to be read. I have fallen one time or the other. There is nothing wrong for a man to fall in life, but there is so much wrong with a man that has fallen not to rise. So, I’m working towards rising and I’m indeed rising again.
Within the ambits of what God has endowed me with, I have been very supportive of others. And I know I will get the support of the Ekiti people again to actualise my dream. Besides, I’m a much better human being, having learnt a lot of lesson. Let me state here very clearly that when you are in the saddle, the people will always worship you. They will only appreciate you when you are still on that seat, because they tend to benefit. I hardly see any friend again; I hardly see one per cent of the people that God used me for while in office. They don’t even call me on the phone. If I call, they don’t even pick. So, that is life. But this has taught me that what God has asked you to do, you should always do it.
However, I want to appreciate my wife, Feyisetan Oluyemi. I will be indebted to her forever. There are wives and there are wives, but this one is a strong, reliable and pious woman that God uses in my life. She is always on her knees fighting my cause as anybody. So, if what had happened to me should happen to some people, they would have been under the ground. But I thank God for her life.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment18 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Entertainment13 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment15 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Davido’s ‘The Best’ Featuring Mayorkun Hits 10M Streams In Its First Week
- National News17 hours ago
We Deliberately Shut Down Refineries – NNPC GMD
- Entertainment18 hours ago
‘I’m Rooting For Burna Boy To Win The Grammys’, Says Tiwa Savage
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Laycon Becomes Most Followed BBNaija Winner On Instagram; Hits 2.5M Followers