Lifestyle

CAN Gen Sec, Others Condemn Tunde Bakare Over Private Jet Comments

It seems we’ve not heard the last of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor’s birthday gift as Pastor Tunde Bakare’s comment about a need for revolution because certain eminent religious leaders have private jets, has been greatly condemned by religious leaders.

Reacting to Pastor Bakare’s comment, the General Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Musa Asake; Director of National Issues of CAN in charge of North West Zone, Rev. Haruna Karatu; and the PRO of 19 northern states and Abuja CAN, Elder Sunday Oibe said there is nothing wrong with people donating aircraft to their religious leaders.

Bakare had said, a few days after church members donated a private jet to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor as a birthday present, that a bloody revolution that would consume religious leaders who are acquiring private jets would soon break out in the country, as he urged their congregations to challenge them to explain where and how they raised the money to procure such expensive jets.

Responding, the CAN secretary said: “What is wrong with giving a birthday gift to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor? Did he embezzle church money? Did he collect somebody’s money? If a group of people come together to buy him a jet to ease his evangelical work, why should that be a subject of public debate?

“Oritsejafor is a man of God. He is doing everything for the work of God”. Also speaking on the ongoing debate in social media especially the tweet by former Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir el Rufai, Elder Eghes Eyieyien said Nigerian pastors who own private jets should not be envied because they travel very frequently around the world ministering.

“Redeemed Christian Church of God has thousands of branches and millions of members on all continents of the world. Winners’ Chapel and Christ Embassy equally have many international branches and hundreds of thousands of members. Pastor Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome travel thousands of kilometres monthly doing God’s work and have to be in places not well-served by commercial flights,” he said.

1. Jakes wallace

November 18, 2012 at 8:44 am

Tunde bakare has lost every strand of respect he attracts. He is an egocentric power-fluke; eaten up by insecurity, disfocus, envy, poverty,and indescipline. He should shut up and mind his frustrated ministry. His criticisms r so inconsequencial, since he lost with a blood-sucking islamic vampire in d last election. He has no reputation!

• IKem Okosa

November 18, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Please Jakes Wallace try and be civil while discussing issues. You will appreciate the position of this guy when you become more educated and less bigoted. It is okay for congregations to contribute money and build schools that their own children cannot afford to attend. It is okay for congregations to buy jets for pastors even when they are battling hunger and poverty. It is okay for the pastors to receive such gifts. This called ” Made in Nigeria Christianity”

2. lestat

November 18, 2012 at 8:52 am

What exactly does a pastor need a private jet for?is it to create jobs?seriously birthday gift or no birthday gift its just ridiculous.its still embezzlement one way or the other.

• ekyton@yahoo.com

November 18, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Let me got striaght up,we are in fast eroding world from our creator.if u have to travel from where you @ to another state,u need the fastest means thereof, good.parhaps a car,further more a plane,which will erasing your 1414 sescot lorries or chukwedili lugxirous buses expireance.and somebody gives you a prado jeep,yes and ok.this is a fast mode,again flight schudule alot of times funny me. and you end up a chartered personal carrier and zoom off,then somebody give a plane. I think its no big deal. nothing’s wrong with that.go get yours.endtime is here.

3. Ayiranor

November 18, 2012 at 8:53 am

Just for the Records Niyi, Christ Embassy has millions of members in Nigeria and around the world but doesn’t own a single private jet.

Its not like the church cannot afford one, It’s about setting priorities. Besides, Pastor Chris doesn’t have to fly around the world to tocuh lives. He can do that from one spot via several satelite TV stations, terrestial TV, internet media, tablets, ipads, Rhapsody of realities, yookos, DVDs etc.

4. Osita ona

November 18, 2012 at 9:06 am

Bakare is a foolish pastor.

5. ozo13

November 18, 2012 at 9:14 am

Wat a nation.God knws d best

6. Pastor Imam.

November 18, 2012 at 9:32 am

Its obvious Jake Wallace and Osita are the biggest fools on this comment thread. I want to believe they think with their anus and must have so much fart in their brain. The donors needs to be investigated and certified tax payers that’s if its even true it was donated by church members and not a device to take people”s attention away from actual source. How do u carry out evangelism in countries where the mission was established. Tunde Bakare is right and when the time comes, the supporters of this avarice men shall be consumed as well.

7. Shehu Olaleye

November 18, 2012 at 10:18 am

Shame on all our religious leaders & their cohorts. Religious slavery & encapsulation is only position in African countries. Kudos to Pastor Bakare for his stand. I’m sure d cost of ‎​d private jet will provide 100s of bore holes or primary health facilities for many village communities in Nigeria. I think this is more rewarding. Private jet for a single individual in a country where most of d populace survive on less than $1 everyday is senseless & criminal. Religion is being used as a tool for oppressing d poor mass. Our generically weak & incompetent GEJ was at d occassion where d jet was presented. You dare not try that during Buhari Idiagbon regim. Few Nigerians that have private jets stole from d public treasury or are involved in one criminal act or d other. Very very soon d oppressed Nigerians will take arm against d few oppressors. If nothing is wrong about d donation, I’ll appeal to CAN to publish d details of all d contributors- name, amount contibuted & their source of fund. If this can’t be done, may d wrath of Almighty as contained in d Holy Bible be upon our leaders (religious & secular).

• John

November 18, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I hope you know the definition of Religion. You are making a universal statement such as shame on all Religion Shehu. Do you have a religion? even if it is our Traditional religion, it is a religion so why not just be direct to the person that is wrong today?

• IKem Okosa

November 18, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Tunde Bakare is the voice of conscience in Nigerian Christianity. He might have made one mistake or another as a human being, but I don’t think any Nigeria pastor can stand before this man on issues of honesty, integrity and straightforwardness.

8. Davido McLaw

November 18, 2012 at 10:44 am

All I want to say is that we should leave it all to God to judge. Cos as for me,I cant head a congregation where one single member of my church cannot afford 3 square meals daily and feel comfortable riding about in a Private Jet….Moreover,, great evangelism can also be done indirectly in d commercial Jets….Thats mine though..

9. COM.OPEYEMI OWONIYI

November 18, 2012 at 11:15 am

Can nigeria develop if our leaders continue in these manner of sufferin nigerians people, no stable of electricity,no suply of petrol.ETC

10. Edoh Benedict

November 18, 2012 at 11:27 am

S̶̲̅ many christiian’s psychics ђa̶̲̥̅̊vε̲̣̣̣̥ been bastardised by this S̶̲̅ called pastors. They cant see anything wrong in pastors owning private jets but every thing ɪ̣̝̇§ wrong with that. Let oritsejafor come out and tell us the group that actually bought this jet. Let us see details ☀̤̣̈̇f this transaction. They keep aquiring wealth at the expense ☀̤̣̈̇f their millions ☀̤̣̈̇f impoverished members.yet the member go about singing their praises. Look at Mother theresa, martin luther king (jr),Nelson mandela,mahatma ghandi some ☀̤̣̈̇f them Α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ not even christians. They brought closer †̥ the people by the works ☀̤̣̈̇f their hands and not by living austentatious lives. I mean a̶̲̥̅̊ life ☀̤̣̈̇f vanity. The cost ☀̤̣̈̇f buying a̶̲̥̅̊ jet WȊ̝̊̅ℓℓ give jobs †̥ atleast 20,000 youths. The cost of hanging and maintenance Will create jobs for atleast 5,000 youths. Why must this money be put into wasteful ventures? Until this mentality ɪ̣̝̇s changed Afrca Will remain stagnant.

11. speak-d-truth

November 18, 2012 at 11:29 am

well spoke @Shehu Olaleye

12. Dide

November 18, 2012 at 12:26 pm

The one whom I didn’t vote 2 preach but teaches me 2 fear God deserves my all. But de one whom I took pains 2 vote in order 2 govern well ended up looting state money. Tunde Bakare is a shame 2 hav beckon on infidels 2 judge sons of de kingdom.

13. mohammed

November 18, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Jake wallace, who’s da vampire nw? I think u shud fish out da vampires in ur church dat steal ppl’s money nd buy private jet. Buhari is an innocent man dat has no ‘private jet’.the earlier u remove dat foolish ideology from ur fish brain the better for u.

14. Wazobia

November 18, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Pastors just dey oppress una & una still dey talk blindly. If una like carry your check book dash the pastors that wan no concern me. Me I no be mumu wey I go donate kobo to pastor chop with em family.
    If I wan do God work I go look for motherless babies home (Orphanage) give my money to them period. All this lazy people wey go just wake up one day talk say dem don see vision. If fit sit down for my bed craft vision, mission & objective all na Strategic Management & dey teach us for school.
    The next thing now pastor go talk say he see vision say church members must build house like Aso Rock or on top water for am to leave with em family.

15. Henry

November 18, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Please can we in our right frame of mind,ask ourselves a simple
    question!What does an individual needs a private jet for?
    Let alone a so called man of God.were as if u go to that ministry,
    u will see unemployed youths,members who has financial problem,even the ones squatting with friends in a room.Let us all remember that God is watching.

16. IKem Okosa

November 18, 2012 at 9:49 pm

No wonder OBJ said CAN – my foot. Gandhi said ” Your Christ I love, but you Christians I hate”. Ayo did not run away from all appearances of evil and this jet plane is now giving the world a weapon to attack Nigerian Christians. Anyway we all know that Nigerian Christianity is not totally based on Biblical principles

17. Sani

November 25, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Kai! If God had wanted nigerians to breath a sigh of relief,he would have given us buhari and bakare to rule this country but reverse is the case.Well, we can still appreciate God by given us what we ve asked him and stop pointing accusing fingers on perpetrators of evil.

18. peter

December 30, 2012 at 9:57 am

It pains me to the bone marrow that some Nigerians ” IKem Okosa ” are not sincere in the least. Does RCCG, Christ Embassy, and Winners have more worshipers than catholic church?
    But the Pope does not own a Private Jet. Then what are we talking about? These Nigerians are men that have found the Church a fertile ground to enrich themselves at the expense of their members. We are watching ,for sure God will not be silent for too long.

19. daniel

June 1, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Nothing bad if truly he was given by his church member and not govt,how the membas got the money is anoda issue

20. Bayelsa Boy

October 20, 2013 at 11:57 pm

It is really disturbing that our christian religious leaders are owning private jets as if they are business men. It is more disturbing and painful that they acquire these jets to the detrement of their poor congregation. What kind of evangelical missions do they embark on that will warrant them to purchase private jets, even when their members are jobless and starving to death. Where on earth do they travel to for evangelism that commercial flights don’t ply? It is a shame and disgrace that our men of God will extort their congregations in the name of tithes and offerings and most cases, donations of different kinds to enrich themselves. They receive monies and gifts from our thieving politicians, ritualist and 419ers without asking where these evil men got the monies they give to them from. Come to think of it, how many Imams, Catholic priests or leaders of other religions own private jets? The love of materialism has taken over christiandom, and the earlier we repent of our sins, the better for us all. What shall it profit our religious leaders if they own all the private jets in the world, all the private universities, all the luxery cars and mansions in the world in loose their souls?

Lifestyle

‘I Tested Positive To HIV After Gang Raped By 3 Men – Chef Ayomide

‘I Tested Positive To HIV After Being Gang Raped By 3 Men For Being Gay’ – Chef Ayomide
Ayomide and his lover

Ayomide and his lover

Nigerian chef, Ayomide Idowu, who is also a male rape survivor, has taken to his Instagram page to tell his story.

The openly gay young man recalled how he was allegedly gang raped by 3 hoodlums at the age of 19 because of his sexuality and how he eventually contracted HIV.

Ayomide revealed his life never remained the same as he was also arrested and victimized by the police.

In his words;

“I could remember last 5years ago
What I pass through from 3 hoodlums
I was thoroughly beaten and gang-raped
All because I’m Gay…they took advantage of me
I was 19years old boy then, I suffered humiliation
Arbitrary arrest from police,inhuman degrading treatment,I lost my precious Home at the age of 19years..no parents no family…it really hurts to be an orphan….after I lost my virginity from the raped….having unprotected sex from those hoodlums I WAS TESTED POSITIVE….being positive my mood changed…I started my medication and think less…I stay away from smoking and alcohol…I eat Good fruits and vegetables…thanks to God I’m a testifier now
I’m undetectable my CD4 850 viral load 10
It really worth testimony 🙏🤦im looking healthy and stunning…being HIV positive is not the end of life…it reveals the other side of you…my aims of sharing my life threatening story as an orphan,so that people can learn from this…. 5years living positively”

Read Also: GAYS are one of the most influential & successful people in Nigeria — Chef Ayomide

The gay activist’s post

The gay activist’s post

Lifestyle

Relaxation Of CBD In NFL – An Insight

Why You Should Buy YouTube Views Cheap

There has been a lot of buzz around CBD in recent years, especially in the health and wellness industry.
Many sports associations and players around the world have also recognized CBD as a pro sports
product.

However, one of the most coveted associations- the National Football League, more popularly known as
the NBD had been quite strict in its ban of cannabis related products, including CBD. But in recent times,
there seems to be some good news in store both for eh players and every CBD shop as the association is
considering lifting the blanket ban and allowing players to use CBD, which has become popular for its
medical properties.

What Is CBD?

Before we proceed to understand the decision of the NFL, it is important to understand what CBD is and
how it is different from the other cannabis product. CBD or cannabidiol is one of the primary chemicals
found in the cannabis plant, the other being THC. However, contrary to common beliefs, CBD is not
psychoactive in nature. It does not cause the user to feel ‘high.’ This is because high quality CBD does
not contain even trace amounts of THC, which is responsible for these reactions.

In fact, many recent studies indicate that CBD is an excellent medicine to cure several physical and
mental conditions, including chronic pain, anxiety, inflammation, and depression.

Why Do Sportspersons Recommend CBD Use?

If you are into sports and athletics, avoiding injuries is almost impossible. While painkillers may be
helpful in managing the pain, they have numerous side effects on the other organs of the body. That is
why many players and athletes are now in favor of using CBD to manage their pains and injuries.

Sourced from organically grown hemp, CBD helps in alleviating the pain without injuring any other
organs of the body. It is no wonder that players are in favor of using CBD in place of the synthetic drugs
that are available in the market.

CBD For Sleep

For your body to perform its best, it is important for it to be well-rested and rejuvenated. This can only
happen through sound sleep. For many players, who suffer from muscle cramps and injuries, getting
proper sleep becomes a challenge. CBD can be very helpful in those circumstances as well. By soothing
the nerves, CBD helps the body to fall asleep faster and also the quality sleep that it needs.

Good sleep can also help the body in replenishing its worn and torn tissues faster.

The Changes Anticipated In NFL

The NFL, which has one of the strictest policies regarding drug testing, is now considering changing its
policies, especially the ones that are related to CBD. The players who test positive for cannabis will not
be directly suspended from the team. Rather a fine will be imposed on them as per the number of times
that they test positive.

The threshold for testing has also been changed as the players now will only be tested during the first
two weeks of the training camp, in place of the April- August testing policy that was followed earlier.

These progressive changes seem to be a direct result of the changed perception that most people have
regarding CBD today.

It is also worthy to note here that CBD is legal in all the American states, with minor restrictions on the
amount and the concentration of the product. Players are the happiest with this new move as they are
of the opinion that CBD works much better and is far less addictive than the painkillers that are given on
prescription. Even the sports associations around the world are also likely to reconsider their policy on
CBD after this change.

Lifestyle

Actress Osas Ighodaro Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With Emotional Post

Actress Osas Ighodaro Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With Emotional Post
Osas Ighodaro

Osas Ighodaro

Nigerian actress, Osas Ighodaro penned an emotional note via Instagram as she clocked 30-years-old on Monday.

To mark her birthday, the single mother of one posted a monochrome photo of herself as she wished for people to continue praying for those who lost their lives during these turbulent period.

Ighodaro wrote;

“Thank God for another year. Happy Birthday to me. If you know me, you know I absolutely love birthdays but this year it certainly hits different. I’m overwhelming grateful for life and thankful to God to be able to see another birthday bc unfortunately many haven’t and won’t have that opportunity.

I am hopeful for better days for myself, those that I love and hold dear and most certainly for my country Nigeria. I pray for unity, peace, harmony and togetherness. We all deserve it.

My birthday wish is to please continue to pray for those innocent lives lost. Please remain hopeful and focused because I truly believe better days are soon ahead by God’s grace.

Peace, Love and Blessings.”

See her post below: