Job description Project Director
Key aims and objectives
- Mentoring and development of Nigerian Engineers.
- Supervise the preparation of the overall project plan & execution strategies for management review and approval on award of a project.
- Ensure accurate Project financial and milestone forecasting;
- Drive Change Order growth during Project execution;
- Leverage Margin Variance tools in support of Project / Business Margin tracking and analysis;
- Drive Project Schedule Milestone methodology; Proactively Lead optimizing businesses Cash position via Receivables resolution, minimizing unbilled Receivables, etc.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Drive all Environment, Health & Safety standards through the project by example.
- Participate in the preparation off the project budget at the time the contract is awarded which includes components such as project controls, administration and day- to- day running costs.
- Manage the approved plan to achieve project deliverables and timeline objectives.
- Liaise with the Functional Managers to ensure that sufficient experienced resources are made available to achieve project goals.
- Control the project through project management, project engineering, discipline engineering and construction through project managers.
- Organize and control the total Project Scope of Work, both within our own organization and by engagement with the Client.
- Act as ND’s representative interacting with the client’s management team to ensure that project objectives, project schedules and budgets are established and met.
- Establish lines of communication within the Projects Division, towards Partners, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers and towards the Client.
- Use your solid people management and network abilities to establish a positive team spirit by inspiring project team members as well as that part in the matrix organization supporting the project.
- Identify ways to increase productivity and decrease cost of project delivery, therefore enhancing competitiveness.
- Report Project’s performance to the Senior Management team.
- Implement EHS, QA, QS and Risk Management, in accordance with ND’s and the Contract requirements.
- Ensure quality, safety, progress and cost control and initiate necessary corrective actions as and when required.
- Project Execution Plan
- Project Coordination Plan
Requirements Project Director
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- 20+ year’s experience and solid knowledge of the EPC Oil & Gas sector.
- Demonstrable experience in the project management of EPC projects.
- Solid track record of successful delivery of EPC projects against contract
- Awareness and sensitivity to multinational exposures and cultures.
- Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent leadership skills – build the Project team into a dedicated and enthusiastic unit.
- Commercial leadership
- Sound Project Management expertise
- External focus and inclusiveness
Terms & Conditions Project Director
- For this position preference will be given to Nigerian Nationals. In case expatriate candidates are selected, it is a prerequisite he/she is tasked to mentor and train a Nigerian understudy.
- Long term contract job.
Our client an International EPC Company operating in Nigeria
Publication end date