ONE is just 31 years old, the other is even younger. He is 30 this year. And yet, through sheer hard work and cast-iron determination, they are known worldwide as successful entrepreneurs. Their fortune is already being measured in millions of dollars. And guess what? They are Nigerians. They are just two out of millions of Nigerian youths, to whom the future belongs, depending on how they use their youth.
Recent statistics from the Manpower Board and the Federal Bureau of Statistics show that there are about 80 million Nigerian youths, representing 60 per cent of the total population of the country. Sixty-four million of them are said to be unemployed, while 1.6 million are under-employed.
The two Nigerians, Jason Njoku and Ladi Delano, were named alongside eight others as 10 young African millionaires to watch by influential business magazine, Forbes.
Forbes is an American business magazine, which features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics. It also reports on related subjects such as technology, communications, science, and law. The magazine is well-known for its lists, including its lists of the richest Americans (the Forbes 400), highest-paid stars under 30, and its list of billionaires. The motto of Forbes magazine is “The Capitalist Tool.”
The listed Africans, in their 20s and 30s, the magazine said, have built businesses and amassed million-dollar fortunes.
Delano, aged 30, is Founder and Chief Executive Officcer, Bakrie Delano Africa.
Forbes said, “The jet-setting Nigerian serial entrepreneur made his first millions as a liquor entrepreneur while living in China.” In 2004, at age 22, Delano was said to have founded Solidarnosc Asia, a Chinese alcoholic beverage company that made Solid XS, a premium brand of vodka. “Solid XS went on to achieve over 50 per cent market share in China and was distributed across over 30 cities in China, and pulled in $20 million in annual revenue,” said the magazine. Delano subsequently sold the company to a rival liquor company for over $15 million and ploughed his funds into his next venture – The Delano Reid Group, a real estate investment holding company focused on mainland China.
Today, Delano is said to be the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Bakrie Delano Africa (BDA) – a $1 billion joint venture with the $15 billion (market cap) Bakrie Group of Indonesia. “Bakrie Delano Africa serves as the investment partner of the Bakrie Group in Nigeria. The Indonesian conglomerate has provided over $900 million worth of funds to invest in Nigeria and Bakrie Delano Africa is responsible for identifying investment opportunities in mining, agriculture and oil and gas and executing them,” said Forbes.
Also, according to the magazine, thirty-one-year-old Njoku is a maverick Internet entrepreneur and founder of Iroko TV, acclaimed to be the world’s largest digital distributor of African movies.
Iroko TV has been dubbed the ‘Netflix of Africa’. Earlier this year, the company reportedly raised $8 million in venture capital from Tiger Global Management, a New York, United States-based private equity and hedge fund run by billionaire Chase Coleman.
IrokoTV is claimed to enjoy lucrative content distribution deals with Dailymotion, iTunes, Amazon and Vimeo. Analysts believe IrokoTV could be worth as much as $30 million. Njoku is said to be the company’s largest individual shareholder.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment20 hours ago
“You Are Looking At The Champion” – Burna Boy Reacts To His Grammy Nomination
- Politics22 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed22 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Williams Uchemba Reacts After He Was Accused Of Being Gay
- News Feed22 hours ago
Water tank driver accuses Duncan Mighty of assaulting him in Rivers
- News Feed22 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups
- National News22 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Fixes Date For Ndume’s Bail Application