Leaders of opposition parties in Imo State have berated Governor Rochas Okorocha for closing public schools, government institutions and markets for his 50th birthday and the 10th anniversary of his foundation.
Last Monday, schools, ministries and markets were closed throughout the state to celebrate the governor’s birthday, the 10th anniversary of the Rochas Foundation and the graduation of over 1,000 pupils of the Rochas Foundation College.
Describing the situation as “an abnormal setting”, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), through its Publicity Secretary, Chief Blyden Amajirionwu, said the state had never witnessed such display of power and wastage of public funds.
The party scribe alleged that “the state is in the firm grip of a lawless and unstructured government”.
According to him, closing down economic activities and approving three days’ public holiday to celebrate a birthday was an act of intimidation against the governed.
Amajirionwu said: “There was an unprecedented buying of air time on Television and Radio with people’s money.”
The Imo State Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), through its Secretary, Mr. Christian Oguoma, said: “It amounts to misplacement of priority for the state government to be throwing a multi-million naira birthday bash while over 500,000 residents, who were displaced by ravaging floods, are still sleeping under the trees at the mercy of the weather.”
The All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) Chairman, Vitalis Ajumbe, chided the governor for closing down government institutions to celebrate his birthday and the anniversary of his private institution.
He said: “Where in the world are governors shutting down their states to celebrate birthday parties? This is waste of public funds. He (Okorocha) should be reminded that government is not run as a private business.”
The Southeast Chairman of the Campaign for Democracy (CD), Comrade Uzor A. Uzor, described the elaborate birthday celebration as “unacceptable and unbecoming of a public servant who should be accountable to the people the elected him to manage their common wealth”.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment20 hours ago
“You Are Looking At The Champion” – Burna Boy Reacts To His Grammy Nomination
- Politics22 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed21 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Williams Uchemba Reacts After He Was Accused Of Being Gay
- News Feed21 hours ago
Water tank driver accuses Duncan Mighty of assaulting him in Rivers
- News Feed21 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups
- National News22 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Fixes Date For Ndume’s Bail Application