Connect with us

Metro News

“Patience Jonathan Still In German Hospital” – Sahara Reporters

Published

on

Sahara Reporters in a piece published today claimed that Patience Jonathan has not been discharged and is still in a German hospital.

Read their story below:

Contrary to reports that Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan, has been discharged from her hospital in Wiesbaden, Germany and checked into a hotel, SaharaReporters has learnt from medical sources in the city that she was there until at least 6p.m. local time.

We have also learnt that the presidency instructed the hospital to discharge her so that she can continue her treatment in Abuja. Her aides, who are living in hotels in Wiesbaden, have been told to pack their bags in readiness to return to Abuja.

A reliable source told SaharaReporters that immense pressure has been piled on the hospital management to allow Mrs. Jonathan go back to Nigeria where she will continue her therapy, a measure that will forestall further embarrassment of her husband, President Goodluck Jonathan.

A local newspaper reported yesterday that Mrs. Jonathan had been discharged from the hospital and checked into a hotel, but a source told SaharaReporters today that the First Lady receives treatment in a room at the hospital with a five-star hotel room status. Since she is a private suite reserved for queens and kings, the source said it was absurd to check her into a hotel room in preparation for departure.

A presidency source also confirmed Mr. Jonathan’s order that the First Lady be brought home, as a result of which she might be airlifted back Nigeria any moment from now.

Mrs. Jonathan’s exact medical diagnosis remains shrouded in secrecy. Saharareporters has carefully followed her case since she was airlifted from Abuja to Germany one month ago when we were first told that she had suffered food poisoning. Our investigations however revealed that she had first gone to Dubai to undergo a procedure which went awry, leaving her unable to speak for about one week after arriving Germany.

Upon returning to Nigeria, some sort of medical emergency then developed, and she was rushed in an air ambulance to Germany, where she underwent surgery to remove uterine fibroids. She had barely recovered sufficiently when her condition was reportedly exacerbated by Parkinson disease.

Yesterday, the Lagos-based PM News revealed that Mrs. Jonathan has uterine cancer. Through all this, the presidency has made no statements.

Continue Reading
10 Comments

10 Comments

  1. abusman

    October 5, 2012 at 11:25 pm

    May Allah S.W.T grant her quick recovery.

  2. Ochoga Peters

    October 6, 2012 at 12:40 am

    it is well with our first lady.God shal see her through.

  3. Sunnerick

    October 6, 2012 at 1:50 am

    Do these people wish us speedy recovery when billions of Nigerian fall sick every day and die from their ailments due to their selfishness and wickedness. I do not think so.

    So my word of prayer for them is from Proverbs 11:10 ” when then wicked perish there is jubilation” May God destroy every wicked man in the government of Nigeria….Amen

    May God bless Nigeria

  4. Sunnerick

    October 6, 2012 at 1:59 am

    At times God has different ways of dealing with wicked people. In his wisdom, he may allow them to be afflicted until they repent and turn from their evils ways and if they dont the end result is destruction.

    Remember General Abacha that thought he was more powerful that God….God snuffed the breath out of his nostrils. Babangida the maradona general that annulled the June 12 election ….his wife died of cancer… Only God knows what will become of him.

    May God begin to visit all wicked souls and their household with wrath and anger that we may live in peace.

    God bless Nigeria

  5. chy

    October 6, 2012 at 8:17 am

    Wish no one evil. I wish her speedy recovery. I don’t want to loose another first lady. She is somebody’s wife. Let’s not forget that. Again, do not judge so that you will not be judged.

  6. FEMI OLUKAYODE

    October 6, 2012 at 8:30 am

    I pray she recovers quickly. Amen.

  7. Noble

    October 6, 2012 at 9:20 am

    Who wl teach me vocabulary if she dies, pls God save her.

  8. Evans igho

    October 6, 2012 at 12:37 pm

    Get well soon in jesus name Amen

  9. Yah 4life

    October 10, 2012 at 6:07 pm

    Quick recovery

  10. francis

    October 11, 2012 at 9:08 am

    Our dear firsy lady will return Germany a strong and healthy mother in Jesus name, amen

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Unknown Gunmen Kill Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olufon Of Ifon

Published

on

Unknown Gunmen Kill Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olufon Of Ifon

Olufon of Ifon

Oba Adegoke Adeusi, the Olufon of Ifon under Ose Local Government Area Ondo State, has been murdered by unknown gunmen suspected to be bandits.

Oba Adeusi was reportedly killed on Thursday evening at a spot around the Elegbeka axis of the town.

According to reports, the monarch was initially kidnapped before he was eventually killed.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Raises Alarm As Bandits Allegedly Kidnap Scores On Kaduna-Abuja Road

The monarch reportedly died at the Federal Medical Centre in Owo, as a result of gunshots he sustained during the attack.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Tee Leo-Ikoro, confirmed the incident to Channels Television.

Describing the event as an unfortunate one, the Police spokesman in the state also revealed that two people in the monarch’s convoy were kidnapped.

Continue Reading

Metro News

No Pardon For Rapists, Says Sanwo-Olu

Published

on

No Pardon For Rapists, Says Sanwo-Olu

Babajide Sanwo-Olu

Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has expressed that there is no pardon for people indicted in reported cases of rape and gender-based violence.

The governor made this remark on Thursday when he received a 54-page compendium on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence compiled by the Stakeholders’ Committee set up by this wife, Dr. Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu.

The Committee was set up to give recommendations on how the fight against sexual and gender-based violence can be won.

Speaking at the occasion, Sanwo-Olu, restated his commitment to protecting the vulnerable demographics and getting justice for victims violated.

Also Read: Don’t Allow Conspiracy Theorists Undermine Lagos Security, Sanwo-Olu Tells Residents

The governor said, “I am delighted by the work done by the Stakeholders’ Committee to bring attention to the problems facing voiceless adults and children in our society. Through your efforts, vulnerable people are building the courage to speak out on offences of sexual violence and heal their wounds.

“We will bring people, who have been perpetrating these crimes, knowingly or unknowingly, to book. We will ensure they never walk freely without the full wrath of the law brought upon them. It is part of our responsibility to ensure that the vulnerable members of our society have a voice and have access to where they can get justice when their rights are violated.”

Continue Reading

Metro News

Vendor’s Widow Disowns Family Over N500m Lawsuit Against Gbajabiamila

Published

on

Vendor’s Widow Disowns Family Over N500m Lawsuit Against Gbajabiamila

Femi Gbajabiamila

Josephine Okereke, wife of the Abuja-based vendor killed by a security aide of Femi Gbajabiamila, speaker of the house of representatives, has rejected the family’s demand of N500 million compensation.

Okereke while speaking to newsmen on Thursday stated that what she wants is justice for her late husband, and not the compensation being sought by his family.

Recall that some days ago, Ifeanyi, her husband, was shot by Abdullahi Hassan, a Department of State Services (DSS) operative attached to the speaker.

Also Read: Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action

Days after the Speaker promised to ensure justice, the family of the slain vendor wrote the speaker, demanding a N500 million compensation.

Okereke, however, told journalists in Abuja that she was not privy to the N500 million compensation requested by the family.

“I was in my house when within 10 minutes my father-in-law came from Abia, he went out along with his other son and the next day I heard that my husband’s people are demanding N500 million as compensation,” she said.

“I was shocked and asked how will they be doing that and how will the speaker help the children again with such demand. All I want now is that the person that killed my husband to face justice.”

Continue Reading

Trending