Oando PLC is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Organizational Development Manager
Job Code: ODM///62586
Report To: Organizational Development and Employee Relations Manager
Responsible for all organisational development initiatives, training and development programmes and contract management of all training consultants.
Overall Purpose of Job
Lead the research, development and implementation of organisation development initiativesensuring that organisational development strategies and performance improvement are well aligned.
Have shared responsibility for the evaluation of organisational development strategies and policies to deliver continuous improvement through workforce development.
- Manage the development and implementation of an OD Service to support the various Oando entities in all aspects of business transformation.
- Design flexible learning solutions for employees such as organisational and employee engagement activities, including: programmes; workshops; events; online discussion boards; World/Conversation Café; action learning; coaching; mentoring; and secondments.
- Develop professional and personal capability of staff in line with strategic direction by identifying development needs and delivering organisational development programmes that engage managers and employees effectively.
- Develop and maintain effective learning and development strategies and policies to ensure that the employees skills base is able to deliver Oando’s objectives.
- Ensure the core L&D offering is fit for purpose and meets Oando’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement the Oando new managers induction programme.
- Be responsible for, lead and oversee the identification and achievements of high potential employees and their career.
- Charged with making Oando a great place to work by working in partnership and supporting the development of the Oando employer brand.
- Motivate and inspire employees to engage in organisational development and engagement activities ensuring that all provision is fair, accessible, effective and timely.
- Work with the Corporate Communications unit to ensure that all development, engagement programmes and activities are effectively promoted in a timely manner.
- Educate appraisers and appraisees in the effective use of Oando’s performance management process ensuring alignment with employee development and business needs.
- Produce a business focused and individually centred annual staff development plan across entities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, Master’s degree or professional qualification in Human Resources strongly preferred
- Minimum of 7 years cognate work experience, 4 of which must have been at a senior level in a reputable organization/institution
- Minimum 7 yrs experience in organization development or facilitation of training programs within a reputable and structured business environment, preferably a multinational corporation within the Oil & Gas industry
- Required Competencies:
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics.
- knowledge of HR Systems & Processes: Organisational Development, HR Policy; Performance Management; Career Development; Training Management; Workforce Profiling and Employee Data Management
- Strong and decisive leadership skills with the ability to make challenges and change behavior where required
- Basic project management and PC Utilisation
- Team Leadership and Time Management
- Customer Focus/Service Orientation
- Effective presentation and Oral / Written
Application closes 18 October, 2012