Connect with us

General News

Nigerians Can now Secure American Visa within 20 Days – US Ambassador

Published

on

It is good news for Nigerians wishing to travel to the United States – and you can bet there are a whole lot of them – as it has been revealed that they can now secure the American visa within 20 days, and not 150 days anymore.

This was made known by the United States ambassador to Nigeria, His Excellency Terence McCulley, during an exclusive interview with LEADERSHIP. According to him, “We recognise that the visa is an important part of our relationship and we have every interest in facilitating legitimate travel visas of students, people and tourists who want to travel to the US as part of dynamic series of exchanges between both countries.”

The ambassador attributed this to the hard work of the consular offices in both Abuja and Lagos. Both offices have been able to manage what is a very significant increase in work load without a concomitant increase in human or physical resources to manage the interviews that are being undertaken, he added.

Over the past years there had been a huge increase in demand for the US visa by Nigerians which led to a significant wait time to secure a visa interview. This, unfortunately, had permitted middle men and touts to grab appointments and then resell them, he said: “By reducing the time Nigerians have to wait to secure a visa, we hope to eliminate these people who are profiting on the gullibility of visa applicants and we hope to be able to offer better services,” he said.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. john israel

    October 10, 2013 at 3:50 am

    I humbly wish to apply for an american visiting visa, because I would love to visit a very close good friend, and stay with her for about a two weeks and then return to nigeria to manage my recording label. Because I can’t leave my company for a very long time. Thank you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

NECO Postpones 2020 Exams Indefinitely

Published

on

NECO Postpones 2020 Exams Indefinitely
NECO Postpones 2020 Exams Indefinitely

NECO

The National Examinations Council (NECO) on Sunday announced the suspension of the ongoing Senior Secondary Schools Certificate Examinations (SSCE) indefinitely.

This was made known in a statement by NECO’s Head, Information and Public Relations Division, Azeez Sani.

Also Read: #EndSARS: Enugu Govt Adjusts 24-Hour Curfew

The examination body explained that the action was taken due to the closure of schools and the curfew imposed by some state governors to safeguard lives occasioned by the #EndSARS protests.

“Arising from that meeting, the Governing Board resolved that the 2020 SSCE (Internal) be postponed indefinitely in view of the current security challenges, occasioned by the #ENDSARS protests, which disrupted the smooth conduct of the examinations in some parts of the country,” the statement partly read.

Continue Reading

Education

#EndSARS Protest: Sanwo-Olu Orders Closure Of Schools In Lagos

Published

on

Sanwo-Olu Extends Lagos Curfew By 72 hours
#EndSARS Protest: Sanwo-Olu Orders Closure Of Schools In Lagos

Babajide Sanwo-Olu

The Lagos State Government led by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has ordered the closure of public and private schools indefinitely in the state.

The closure of schools in Lagos was announced in a press statement on Monday by the state’s Head of Public Affairs, Ministry of Education, Kayode Abayomi.

Also Read: #EndSARS protesters break into Lagos International Airport (Videos)

The statement which was titled, ‘Lagos directs students to stay at home’, quoted Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, the Commissioner for Education, as saying that the schools were shut down over “tension generated by the anti-SARS protests.”

This is coming at a time #EndSARS protests against police brutality and bad governance by Nigerian youths grounded academic activities in some schools in the state on Monday.

“A new date of resumption for all classes will be announced as soon as possible.”

 

Continue Reading

Education

NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest

Published

on

NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest

NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest

The National Examination Council, NECO, has announced the rescheduled of one of the practical examinations supposed to hold in October till the next month.

This was contained in a statement made available to newsmen on Sunday, October 18, by the Head, Information and Public Relations Division for the Nigerian exam body, Mr. Azeez Sani.

He announced that the Paper I Computer Studies Practicals examination which was supposed to be taken on Monday, October 19 is now delayed till November 16, 2020.

Also Read: Buhari Appoints Professor Godswill Obioma As New NECO Registrar

Sani revealed that the postponement is a result of the ongoing #EndSARS protests across the country, particularly the blockage of movement of transport at the entrance gate into Benin City, the Edo state capital.

He noted further that the truck conveying NECO examination materials had left its take-off point two days earlier to deliver to some states but has been held up in the ‘blockage.

Continue Reading

Trending