A Local Government staff of Okposi Development Centre in Ebonyi State, who was simply identified as Hon. Chieze Nwankwo was, Tuesday, reported to have allegedly raped a 12 year-old girl, Miss Chioma Nwankwo who resides in his compound.
According to the Vanguard, the victim, who is a primary six pupil of Umunoka Primary School, Okposi, was lured by Hon. Nwankwo with an apple when she went to fetch water to take her bath. Narrating her ordeal in the hands of the rapist, Miss Chioma Nwankwo explained that the accused lured her with an apple and that before she knew what was happening, he had removed her clothes and over powered her.
In her words, “When I took my bucket to fetch water at the well, Honourable Chieze called me to his house and said I should come and collect an apple. I went in to collect the apple and asked him whether he too would also eat but before I could understand what was happening, he quickly pulled off his clothes, pushed me to the ground and fell on top of me.
“I told him to get off me but he refused and I started crying but there was nobody in the compound until my mother started calling me. I told him that my mother was calling me but he refused to listen until my mother came and pushed the door open. And as soon as he saw my mother he used speed, took his towel and told my mother that it was an
apple he wanted to give to me.”
The father of the victim, Mr. Peter Ogbonnaya who is a motorcycle mechanic wondered why such immoral act should be committed against his daughter and called on the state government, Non Governmental Organizations, NGOs and relevant security agencies in the country to come to the aid of the family, so that, appropriate punishment could
be meted out on the culprit.
The mother of the victim, Mrs. Nnena Nwankwo was said to have taken her daughter to Okposi general hospital where medical examinations had been conducted to ascertain the health state of her daughter. Her own side of the story: “As my daughter went to take her bath, Mr. Nwankwo who was in front of my shop, said I should give him something to eat. So, I gave him what he wanted. After eating, he said he wanted to go and see whether his chicken was outside. So, he left but I never knew he was after my daughter. When my daughter went to fetch water at the well that was when he lured her.
“So after a while, I started calling my daughter to know whether she had finished taking her bath but I didn’t hear her voice. I traced her to the well where she had gone to fetch water and saw her slippers at the door of Hon. Nwankwo. I now pushed the door and immediately the
honourable quickly got up, gathered his towel and dashed out immediately. I raised alarm and told my husband about it”
As for the police, they claim that the case has been transferred to the appropriate quarters for proper investigation in order to ascertain whether the allegation of rape against the local government staff were genuine or not. Meanwhile, the culprit who is a Management Committee member in charge of Works department in Okposi Development Centre was alleged to have been released from police custody by some of his colleagues.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment20 hours ago
‘The People Who Don’t Know You Are The Ones Who Help You Succeed’ – Wathoni Ayansi
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- Entertainment21 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kaisha Signs Two New Endorsement Deals
- News Feed20 hours ago
Kidnapped APC Chairman Found Dead
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘Don’t Respect People Based On How Much Money They Have’, Mercy Eke Advises
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘How I Maintain A Slim Waist’, Toke Makinwa Reveals
- News Feed20 hours ago
Vee Reacts After She Was Mocked For Signing Endorsement Deal With Brand That Allegedly Sells Bleaching Cream
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘Focus On Physical Attraction, Then Character, When Choosing Life Partner’: Reno Omokri