Education

It’s Teachers’ Day! Is there a Teacher You will Forever be Grateful to? Can You be a Teacher?

If you are reading this right now then chances are you have passed through the four walls of a classroom. What this means is that you have been taught by a teacher before. Of course a lot of people talk about how they do not like one particular teacher or the other, and for various reasons ranging from being too strict to being too boring etc.

But no matter how strict your teachers were with you, there would still be some you like so much and would be forever thankful to. In the same vein, even those teachers that you think you did not like then, looking back now, there would be some of them you cannot but be thankful to.

Those who have school students around them or who have kids at home would have noticed already that they are not going to school today. This is part of their own little efforts to appreciate their teachers – even as they would always be too willing to show that kind of appreciation!

So, as we celebrate teachers today, try to think of at least a teacher in your life to which you will be ever grateful, or whom you just love so much, for reasons best known to you. Appreciate the teacher by mentioning their name and the school. And, finally, do you still believe teaching is a noble profession? Can you be a teacher?

1. obomeguono azanuwa

October 5, 2012 at 10:28 am

Teachers’ celebrate today! It is important they are treated very well. In one way or the other, no one can claim he/she was not taught. Let’s be grateful to God for teachers. Best of luck to all teachers. Cheers

2. BONIFACE

October 5, 2012 at 10:29 am

I ‘ve several teachers that am proud of: Mr Agba, mr Makoji,Dr Gwarzo, mallam Salako,mr Idakwoji, mallam Yola… I ‘ll like 2be a teacher in feature,so help me God,AMEN.

3. Akinseloyin Wale fred

October 5, 2012 at 10:49 am

Am grateful 2 all my teachers.To Dr popoola,tanx 4 bein an in-loco-parentis through out my stay in higher institution and 2 all my mathematics lectuers,prof Gbolagade(uniosun),prof Olorunsola(Unad),Dr Adebimpe,Dr Olayiwola,Dr Aderogba.Tanx 4 all ur contributn & You are highly apreciatd.Apy celebratn 2 all teachers. I love 2 be a teacher

4. Emmanuel Olakunle

October 5, 2012 at 11:01 am

My best teacher ever was my primary4 class teacher Mrs ADEOLA. In 1989 in CHRIST APOSTOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL. IFON. OSLG.in ONDO STATE. This is then AWOBAYIKUN KUNLE. You are like a mother to me, even when i was in secondary school you still made me your student by telling to dress properly and questioned my lateness all time. MAMA THANK YOU. Your contributn to my journey in life is what make me learner always. One more time MAMA THANK YOU MA! I love you! I hope to see very soon

5. sulieman toyin

October 5, 2012 at 11:21 am

Am forever thankful 2 my best teacher who is precius to me my secondry school teacher mr olayinka

6. SEEKER

October 5, 2012 at 11:41 am

My best school teacher is my PRY 6 teacher MRS AKINSIKU, you are indeed a rear GEM and I pray you eat the fruit of your labour AMEN.

7. The Truthe Sayer

October 5, 2012 at 11:56 am

I am eternally grateful to my teachers who modelled me from the cradle to a Ph.D holder today. I am particularly grateful to Mrs Aigbomian who was responsible for forming me educationally at the primary school level. I am grateful to Mr Ukhurebor and my amiable Principal, Mr Ofuya. These people are truly the nation builders

8. Tomi

October 5, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Oh am grateful to all my teachers, all the ghanians that thought me in Junuco Nur/Prim sch, all my teachers in Methodist Hight school Jos and Banjolat friendship Academy, Ipetu Ijesa, most especially Rot. Chief Banji Olatona of blessed memory, continue to rest in peace! All my lecturers at UniJos am grateful! Thank you all! Am a teacher now.

9. d meg

October 5, 2012 at 12:28 pm

there are lots of teachers i’ll never forget, but the one that stands out are; Mr Odoh (pry 5), Mr. Oyetunji, Mr. Oyekan, Mr. Ademola, all solid F. M. Monitors. i saw that extra touch to their teachings. God bless you all. i’m proud of you

10. hussain Onotu

October 5, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I will forever be grateful to my Secondary school Teacher Who taught me Financial Accounting and Economics, he is the one who really give me the hope that i can still make it. He is Mr. Muyideen Aderigbebe in Sunnah Private High School, Jos. So also my Primary School Teacher Uncle John and Uncle Kingsley, i will always be Grateful. To me i love Teachers but i dont lyk Teaching.

11. Onochie

October 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Am very grateful 2 Mr Nwele in Ebonyi state college of education Ikwo , Ebonyi state 4 his care & ensure dt I know wht Chemistry is all about , he made me a genus in Chemistry , I say Pravoo 2 Him any whr he is now !

12. isehunwa motunrayo

May 6, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I will first of all appreciate my primary school teacher that taught me in primary one and two the person of Mrs Adeyeye and now to my secondary school I will like to appreciate my principal the person of Dr. Ogundiran, Mr. Akinyemi,Mr. Ologe, Mr. Ajayi and the corpers posted to my school from the year 2004-2007 all of you are great. because you have made the foundation of my education to be solid, God will bless you and your family greatly in JESUS Name. I love you all.

Education

#EndSARS Protest: Sanwo-Olu Orders Closure Of Schools In Lagos

Sanwo-Olu Extends Lagos Curfew By 72 hours
#EndSARS Protest: Sanwo-Olu Orders Closure Of Schools In Lagos

Babajide Sanwo-Olu

The Lagos State Government led by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has ordered the closure of public and private schools indefinitely in the state.

The closure of schools in Lagos was announced in a press statement on Monday by the state’s Head of Public Affairs, Ministry of Education, Kayode Abayomi.

Also Read: #EndSARS protesters break into Lagos International Airport (Videos)

The statement which was titled, ‘Lagos directs students to stay at home’, quoted Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, the Commissioner for Education, as saying that the schools were shut down over “tension generated by the anti-SARS protests.”

This is coming at a time #EndSARS protests against police brutality and bad governance by Nigerian youths grounded academic activities in some schools in the state on Monday.

“A new date of resumption for all classes will be announced as soon as possible.”

Education

NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest

NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest

NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest

The National Examination Council, NECO, has announced the rescheduled of one of the practical examinations supposed to hold in October till the next month.

This was contained in a statement made available to newsmen on Sunday, October 18, by the Head, Information and Public Relations Division for the Nigerian exam body, Mr. Azeez Sani.

He announced that the Paper I Computer Studies Practicals examination which was supposed to be taken on Monday, October 19 is now delayed till November 16, 2020.

Also Read: Buhari Appoints Professor Godswill Obioma As New NECO Registrar

Sani revealed that the postponement is a result of the ongoing #EndSARS protests across the country, particularly the blockage of movement of transport at the entrance gate into Benin City, the Edo state capital.

He noted further that the truck conveying NECO examination materials had left its take-off point two days earlier to deliver to some states but has been held up in the ‘blockage.

Education

FG, ASUU Meeting Over IPPIS, UTAS End In Deadlock

FG, ASUU Meeting Over IPPIS, UTAS End In Deadlock
FG, ASUU Talks On IPPIS, UTAS End In Deadlock

ASUU and FG

The meeting between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) on Thursday ended in a deadlock.

Although some agreements were reached at the meeting, the meeting is set to reconvene on Wednesday, October 21, 2020, by 3.00 pm after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting for ASUU to report back on the decision of its NEC.

In a bid to end the strike, the federal government agreed to release N30billion for payment of arrears of earned academic allowance to the university lecturers.

The communiqué issued at the end of the meeting revealed that the release of N20 billion funds for revitalisation of public universities will be payable by the end of January 2021.

On the issue of Earned Academic Allowances(EAA), which had accumulated to N40 billion since November 2019, the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) made a commitment to release N30 billion on or before November 6, 2020.

Also Read: BREAKING: FG, ASUU Meet Today To Resolve Strike

He said the remaining N10 billion would be spread equally over the two tranches to be paid in May 2021 and February 2022, respectively.

The communiqué also revealed that ASUU agreed to take the offer to its members for consideration and revert by Wednesday, October 21, 2020.

The issue of the implementation of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) almost stalled the meeting as the federal government asked that IPPIS be allowed to operate in the interim until the test run on UTAS is concluded.

But ASUU insisted on payment of outstanding salaries on the old GIFMIS platform before full implementation of UTAS.