Metro News

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks On Nigeria’s Independence Celebrations

The eloquent Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon had this to say on Nigeria’s independence celebrations.

“As we celebrate our flag and shambolic autarky at 52, we must realize that Nigeria is still more of a geographic contrivance as has been rightly posited by Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Not with our centrifugal excrescences preponderating over our centripetal proclivities. It’s a matter for mental pabulum that we are daily drifting into our ethnic cocoons. We still remain one country with disparate ethnic agendas and I can say it for the umpteenth time again that we must sit down in a sovereign national colloquy to discuss the basis for our nationhood. Anything short of this is just vacuous scahiamachy.”

1. Paso

October 1, 2012 at 8:50 pm

What a grammarian.

2. nelson

October 1, 2012 at 9:02 pm

dis dude is just crazy with his grammer

3. Francis

October 1, 2012 at 9:05 pm

You must be known for something.My man you will surely be remembered for this.The great grammarian of our time.

4. ferdiola

October 1, 2012 at 9:10 pm

He will make a good comedian with his big big grammar

5. dozie asogwa

October 1, 2012 at 9:21 pm

what did he say?

6. Afolabi

October 1, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Colloquialism in english lang… Hon patrick pls brk it down 4 us, its unreadable

7. Nnanna Katzaw Okeke

October 1, 2012 at 9:41 pm

He has not communicated, though I always enjoy his speech.

8. vikko

October 1, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Partrick is at it again

9. Denavide Innocent

October 1, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Where is my bullet proof vest before I continue reading…..and beside, I hope my room’s wall will not crash.

10. me

October 1, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Who writes your speech and how long does it take to dig up?

11. Samson aneku

October 1, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Only God wil undastand ur grama hop u are not insulting D best president in history Ebele joe?abi u say make we run 4rom 9ja?ojiwe yane attai.

12. John Inwang

October 2, 2012 at 2:10 am

Change is coming to Nigeria

13. nelson

October 2, 2012 at 6:51 am

this patrick guy looks sick here!

14. Chris

October 2, 2012 at 7:11 am

Ogar Pat, oga pat, u go kill person oo. Hey

15. Larry

October 2, 2012 at 7:34 am

Sir, it is a flibbertigibbet that can not indecipherable your grandiloquent.

16. yinka

October 2, 2012 at 9:37 am

i need a translator pls

17. Ubong "Bafa"

October 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

Blah blah blah, Hon. Pat and you’ve,I’m afraid,only succeeded in saying nothing entirely new or different,other than the same-old call for Sovereign National Conference! Your choice of words often leaves much to be desired,and I’m sorry,but I guess what you meant in your last word was “sciamachy” –a fight with imaginary enemies– and not the other,which obviously doesn’t exist.
    Better luck with these words next time,Honorable.

18. magaji

October 2, 2012 at 10:14 am

dis is realy a gud beginin

19. Rufus

October 2, 2012 at 10:22 am

I am very much interested in his grammatical composition, may God blessed him as he used his grammatical weapons to destroyed enemies

20. dr naija

October 3, 2012 at 1:42 am

How dare you insult our beloveth Hon. pat? millions of nigerians lov him for that, i’m a fanatic fan of his. i must tell you it takes type “A” intellectual to speak like him and i bet u there is meaning to every words he utter. congrats pat and nigerians on another ritual exercise of our national flag, anthem, insecurity, hunger, kidnapping… God bless naija!

21. confus

October 3, 2012 at 11:15 am

mr man ur gramatical can nt put food on our table so no need for it

22. emmy eleje

October 3, 2012 at 2:45 pm

gramatical bruhaha, we hail thee!

23. Kehinde

October 6, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Sir,you are highly kudosable and elatedatic.indeed grammaticalizative dictator and controller.

24. tony okere

October 6, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Hon,no doubt I admire your special use of your God given talent.To be sure,most mallams would have wished they rattle the english language the way you do. You are my fan any day.

25. Jerry Thompson

January 5, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Sir, I love your grammatological cacaarikpokpos viewologism. Kudosialisms….

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.

Metro News

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)

Properties in the conpound on fire

Properties in the compound on fire

Hoodlums have reportedly invaded the headquarters of popular news station, TVC, believed to be owned by National Leader of APC, Bola Tinubu.

According to reports, the staff of the news station are being trapped in the building located in Lagos.

Videos circulating online shows that properties in the compound have also been set ablaze.

The news station is currently off air and this comes hours after Nigerians accused the Lagos politician of having a hand in the #LekkiMassacre.

Information Nigeria recalls security agents had opened fire at peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday.

In a video circulating online, the anchors of one of the shows, ‘Your View’ were heard saying that there were hoodlums at their gate trying to break into the premises.

Read Also: #EndSARS: Nigerian Army Denies Shooting At Protesters In Lekki

Watch the video clips below: