Metro News

“You Cannot Islamise Nigeria” Obasanjo Tells Boko Haram

Barely two days after the Borno State Governor sounded a similar warning, former president, Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday, told members of the Boko Haram and their sponsors that they should have a rethink if they believed that they could win their current war against the Nigerian state.

The elder statesman had been responding to questions on “News Day” on the British Broadcasting Corporation [BBC] when he sounded the note of warning. Describing such mission as an unattainable objective, he said they would soon realise that they were engaging in a futile exercise; particularly pointing out that they were naive to think that they could turn the into country to an Islamic state.

In his words, “People, who know the history of Nigeria, will know that you cannot impose any religion on Nigeria as a whole. The people Boko Haram cannot impose Sharia in the North, where most of our people are Muslims, let alone in the entire country… By now, they should know that. So, I see a bit of naivety in that objective that they have given to themselves. It is an unattainable objective and we need to win their heart and mind.”

When reminded that the Boko Haram men had promised to sustain their current hostility against the country until their primary objective was achieved, Obasanjo merely waved that aside saying: “Well, if you are prepared to kill more people, it is like somebody saying we will fight to the last drop of our blood. Now, one doesn’t know whose blood will be the last to drop. How many people will be killed? How many of them will survive at the end of the day? Boko Haram and those who believe in their cause will soon know that yes, it not a war that they can win.”

1. Eze sunday

September 16, 2012 at 12:25 am

Obj i c u

2. Moses Chukwudi Ihiaeme

September 16, 2012 at 11:18 am

Baba you spoke well. Boko Haram and their cohorts efforts are in futility.

3. A'baba shettima

September 16, 2012 at 11:36 am

Alhamdulillah_ bokoharam will win this battle and implement shari’a in all NORTH may allah protect them with this bad goverment of nigeria.

4. idris

September 16, 2012 at 1:00 pm

@ a’baba shettima, i pray that allah will help boko haram kill all your generation, so you will know that bad is bad, is it only Nigeria that gave Muslim state?

5. idris

September 16, 2012 at 1:00 pm

• nasir

October 31, 2012 at 11:46 pm

@Idris you are a dummy ooo. Are you not educated ? OBJ has said the right thing. Its people like you that portray a negative perception about Islam. Nowhere was it mentioned that we should pick up arms against our neighbors. Boko haram are a group of idiots who lack adequate knowledge about Islam not to talk of imposing Sharia upon every Nigerian.
      May Allah (SWT) expose and destroy them and their sponsors. We are tired of living in fear and uncertainties. See other countries busy in the business of development & growth while some idiots are there talking about what nobody ask them for aside the greedy politicians.

• nasir

October 31, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Sorry I meant @A’baba Shettima. can’t you hear the idiots name? He probably is one of them. He is from Borno all this useless Bulama, Goni’s and Gana’s

6. Eze

September 16, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Shetima….you and your members…..can not islamise Nigeria the earlier u knw it d better..for you…how kan u…a whole you be fool diz way..u’ve been brainwashed mahn…GOD help you as u repent and start having a positive state of mind.

• EMMANUEL ABRAHAM

November 5, 2012 at 1:50 pm

shetima, do you think it will be possible? “People, who know the history of Nigeria, will know that you cannot impose any religion on Nigeria as a whole. The people Boko Haram cannot impose Sharia in the North, let alone Nigeria as a country.you better repent and follow Christ to be save.

7. dd

September 16, 2012 at 1:59 pm

if your so call Mohamed is so lazy and powerless that can not fight for himself i wont what you are looking upto him for.

8. Musa Ila

September 16, 2012 at 2:26 pm

The fact is that nothing good has ever come out of the foolish mohammed. How can his fellowers devote time in killing innocent people. Am sure they foolish bokoharam is engaging in a futile attempt

9. IBRAHIM MUSA

September 18, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I LEARN THAT YOU ARE INSULTING MUHAMMED YUSEF NOT THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH (S.A.W.W.). INSULTING THEM IS NOT THE SOLUTION OF THE PROBLEM. IF YOU MUST DO THAT, YOU SHOULD BE SPECIFIC. BISSALAM. Ibrahim Musa Kano

• Iruenedaniel@yahoo.com

October 31, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Karl Max said religion is the opium of the people. Most of these fundamentalist believe that the Koran says you must kill the infidels but I beg your pardon what was the situation in the time of Mohammed,we must not loose site of the circumstances of the era and the present and there juxtapose that era that was without rule of law.religion is an emotional thing hence if not looked at from a proper perspective it can destructive Christianity or Islam even among Christians you have zealots.
      One question I will like to ask our Muslim brothers in Nigeria is that I will like to know from them when we had cases of desecration of the Koran and they ran amok how many Muslims in other countries supported them in solidarity killed and or maimed their compatriots and destroyed public property, I doubt if I have ever heard such. Recently our women who went on pilgrimage to Mecca to my mind apart from the issue of the flouting of hajj rules let point out that it is because they are Nigerians so why do we have to more Moslem than the place and the people where Islam originated from. Fellow Nigerians let us stop and think and show love and appreciation to this country.
      Yes Nigeria in all its imperfection and injustice permeating the basic fabrics of our national still I must say I prefer to be a first class citizen in my country than to be eulogized in another clime but still be a second class citizen.

10. shehu Muhammed

November 1, 2012 at 6:56 pm

@shettima the blood of those that were killed by bokoharam are upon your head and you will soon join them in the grave. May Allah make it happen to you and your generation soon.

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.